A Minute to Pray, a Second to Die / Un minuto per pregare, un istante per morire (Franco Giraldi, 1968)

So is the English audio for the long version composited with Italian or German? Or is it the same language all throughout? Did they have to use different sources for the audio as well?

A complete English version exists from the UK version, which is (unlike the US version) identical to the Italian version

Wonderful! Thanks for the info!

I didn’t know that, I thought it was the same as the US release. Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

Is the German Blu-ray a composite or is there still missing footage?

The US MGM version contains 2 scenes not to be found in the 118 min Italian version ,which is identical to the UK version, and which is on the German Blu.

These 2 short scenes follow immediately after the credit sequence, and run together about 3:30 min. It seems that no Italian audio for these scenes exist, nor were they dubbed in any other language. The MGM is also in some other aspects a special one, as there are some flip cuts not to be found in the longer version.

Well, I wish they had done that composite version, as I like especially the 2nd scene very much. But then, it would not be an official version then.

Another question would be if there are any infos from Giraldi about the film. Was the Italian version his version, or did he had some of the usual producer’s trouble.

1 Like

Thanks the info. It’s a pity they didn’t include both cuts for people who want the option. I just ordered the German Blu-ray. Looking forward to watching it for the first time.

1 Like

Just played the Colosseo release of Mehr Tot Als Lebendig on my Region A blu ray player. Apparently it works lol. Thought it might be interesting to anybody who’s in the US.

1 Like