A Long Ride from Hell / Vivo per la tua morte (Camillo Bazzoni, 1968)

[quote=ā€œalan, post:51, topic:1251ā€]I haveā€™nt seen this one yet, but sight unseen i feel sorry for the horse that Steve Reeves rides![/quote]Funny enough Horses can carry a lot of weight with no problem, just not as fast (thatā€™s why most jockeyā€™s are about 5ā€™2" ;D)

Iā€™m about 20 stone and went on a horse and asked if I would be too heavy for it and was told it was fine.

didnā€™t mind this at all, better than i thought it might be and Steve Reeves was not at all bad in my opinion and certainly one of his better performances. Itā€™s not a great Spaghetti western when allā€™s told there. thought the ending was very weak though and rather rushed. watchable and more bloody than most before. 6/10

Which release did you view Man with a Name ?

[quote=ā€œENNIOO, post:63, topic:1251ā€]Which release did you view Man with a Name ?[/quote]hi Ennio! iā€™m not positive because it was a dvdr but quite a good copy i think it was from the latest release though.

Struggled at first with this one as film was a little on the dark side for me re print wise. But we soon moved to the prison scenes and started to get involved with the story more. Top notch the prison scenes I thought, and so many good character actors playing mean sons of bitches. Dick Palmer was particularly effective at the start of the film. Never watched my Wild East disc but sold instead and purchased the vastly superior Code Red disc. Made a profit at the same time in true Spaghetti style :smiley: . Steve Reeves was good in an Anthony Steffen kind of way, and would have liked to have seen him in some more westerns. This one turned out to be an effective revenge western for this viewer.

Are the both Wild East and Code Red dvd releases sold out? Canā€™t find it anywhere for decent price.

Code Red disc definitely is, probably for a year already. I think it had only some hundreds of copies pressed and went out of print in few months after release. This seems to be the case with most (all?) of Code Redā€™s releases and as far as I know all the new releases (which so far havenā€™t included spaghettis and maybe never willā€¦ they wonā€™t sell enough and the bootlegs already eat away potential sales) from them will be sold only through the guy in charge of the company(?).

Donā€™t know if Wild East disc is still available somewhere but I remember reading it was supposed to be removed from sale because of the copyright infringement (I know several stores including Amazon did sell it even after that). I guess you could ask Wild East directly if they actually still have some copies around somewhere despite the sold out sign.

I bought the German dvd which has english audio too.

Film was a bit better than i remembered but itā€™s still average film. Yuma scenes are definitely the high point of the film, otherwise itā€™s rather routine stuff. Barboniā€™s camerawork is good and thereā€™s a few very beautiful shots here and there. Reeves does ok job as a Anthony Steffen style hero.

5/10

1 Like

Among the minor players are prison guards Lorenzo Robledo and Angelo Boscariol. Guillermo Mendez occupies the same cell with Sturges, Giglio Gigli is a Freeman deputy, Fortunato Arena is in the tavern worked by the beautiful Silvana Bacci and TomƔs Torres helps Franco Fantasia. I did not find Aldo Berti or Tito Garcia. Ivan Scratuglia is not Roy Sturges. Both IMDB and ANICA have credited Sergio De Vecchi as the younger brother. Sergio is also credited in Twice A Judas.
Roy Sturges:

There is also a younger brother in Twice seen in flashbacks but he seems more likely the young farmer, Henry.

Sergio is also credited in 2 more films in the same period which I do not have.

1 Like

Re-watched this one again as part of a 'Spaghetti Western fix that Iā€™m going through lately. Steve Reeves clean cut and all in his only S.W entry is quite good. Itā€™s a typical revenge flick, but itā€™s grittier and spiced up a notch with plenty of action. My only gripe is that (Rosalba Neri and Aldo Sambrell ) should of had more screen time.

I thought this one was quite enjoyable. Iā€™ll have to watch it again.

Another previous watch list entry but I gave up after just over half of the film which to me appeared more like an action movie with not so clear SW feeling, also because of the inappropriate music. Too much misery, but not the type of dark/serious mood I prefer. The acting was OK though as long as I watched.

1 Like

Nothing comedic about this one. I remember it being very straight-forward and serious.

Maybe too dark in the first half for me, but maybe the second revenge half would have suited me better if I had lasted that long :slight_smile:

This filmā€™s page in the database has been upgraded to the new layout. Please let us know of any corrections that may be necessary. We welcome information, facts, figures, links, reviews, pictures and more to make the page more complete and informative, please contribute.

This one, though, has unfortunately not changed in my opinion. Still as ā€˜longā€™ and ā€˜hellā€™ as I remember.