A Gun for One Hundred Graves / Una pistola per cento bare (Umberto Lenzi, 1968)

Aka ā€œUna pistola per cento bareā€

Well I watched it and think itĀ“s kind of an american western, donĀ“t know but Lawrence looks that kind of good hearted boy, and sometimes itĀ“s alike ā€œDeath rides a horseā€, with J. Ireland goes like Lee Van Cleef. Well, itĀ“s a very good film my vote is [8/10], speacilly Piero Lulli heĀ“s the most SW villian on this one. Like the actors, they worked very well.
Have u watched, so comment ! :smiley:

For more info visit:
Database page: Pistola per cento bare, Una - The Spaghetti Western Database

Give A Gun For 100 Graves your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

Good music, boring film.

Always nice to see Peter Lee Lawrence though, even if he might be too pretty for spaghettis.

i also found this quite boring, i saw it about 12 years ago and go all excited when i found out it was Lenzi! His crime movies were a lot better.

I have to agree, itā€™s more boring than fun.

Some weird but not working ideas.

Iā€™d mostly agree with the above points, although i have a bit of a soft spot for this film and itā€™s stranger elements (must be the only film iā€™ve seen with a Jehovahā€™s Witness gunslinger! :D). That said, it is very slow going in places, and sometimes feels like two different films spliced together. The music is very good tho, especially the slightly melancholy main theme. (If anyone knows of a soundtrack out there somewhere, even just a few tracks on a compilation or something, please let me know!).

Iā€™m A Huge Lenzi Fan Myself.
I Have Not Yet Checked This One Out.To This Point The Only Lenzi I Really Didnā€™t Care For Was HITCHER IN THE DARK.

I must admit that, although it is a slow and rather univolving film at times (it took me a few times to get through the whole thing), I kind of liked aspects of it. The whole group of insane convicts is almost (but not quite) inspired and the fact that itā€™s a Lenzi film makes me grudgingly like it. Hey, what can I say? I got Vengeance as an extra film on the same disc! How can you lose?

Yeahā€¦i got the Vengeance extra tooā€¦which kinda pissed me off since i bought Vengeance about a month earlier!! >:(

Does it have an english audio track on this edition?

Certainly does!

Thanks for that!

I had actually lost bids on Vengeance on ebay several times before getting the Lenzi dvd so it was a nice extraā€¦

Flynn

Watching this right now, in French. It could have been in Japanese and Iā€™d still be able to follow. The story is so simplistic. Iā€™m about halfway through. The insane convicts just got loose. Until that peculiar event, this movie is very straightforward and cliched, with no surprises whatsoever. But it doesnā€™t bore me either. Average stuff I guess, with a few bizarre twists.
Will be back to pass final judgment.

What??? I have X-Rated Kult DVD of A Gun for One Hundred Graves with Margheritiā€™s Vengeance as extra and this version of Vengeance certainly doesnā€™t have english dub. For this reason I still have R1 DVD of it. A Gun for One Hundred Graves has english dub alright.

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/hundred-graves-p-10447.html

[quote=ā€œBad Lieutenant, post:13, topic:591ā€]Watching this right now, in French. It could have been in Japanese and Iā€™d still be able to follow. The story is so simplistic. Iā€™m about halfway through. The insane convicts just got loose. Until that peculiar event, this movie is very straightforward and cliched, with no surprises whatsoever. But it doesnā€™t bore me either. Average stuff I guess, with a few bizarre twists.
Will be back to pass final judgment.[/quote]

Iā€™ve got the same french disc, I suppose. It was a kind of double bill with a Robert Woods western, ā€˜4 dolares de vengenzaā€™.

A Jehovah witness who becomes an avenger might have looked like a good idea, but the character change is much too abrupt

Ireland is OK (he usually is) but you see the final twist coming from very, very far (so I might as well give away: CENSORED).

Can confirm that. German dub only. The original stand-alone release of Vengeance (FĆ¼nf blutige Stricke) from x-rated does have the English dub though.

Oopsā€¦yes, i had noticed my error some time ago. Probably drunk at the time of posting. What i had meant to say was that i had already purchased Vengeanceā€¦but at a later date got Pistol for a Hundred Coffins, and someone had screwed up there because when i opened it, the disc that was supposed to be in there was presentā€¦but so was the Vengeance stand alone disc too. In fact i was pretty confused at first because it was on top, and i was thinking iā€™d have to send the damn thing backā€¦

Anywa, should have edited the post but then iā€™m nothing if not forgetful/lazy. My badā€¦ ::slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œSilver, post:17, topic:591ā€]Oopsā€¦yes, i had noticed my error some time ago. Probably drunk at the time of posting. What i had meant to say was that i had already purchased Vengeanceā€¦but at a later date got Pistol for a Hundred Coffins, and someone had screwed up there because when i opened it, the disc that was supposed to be in there was presentā€¦but so was the Vengeance stand alone disc too. In fact i was pretty confused at first because it was on top, and i was thinking iā€™d have to send the damn thing backā€¦

Anywa, should have edited the post but then iā€™m nothing if not forgetful/lazy. My badā€¦ ::)[/quote]

You have been forgiven !

Well, I found myself doing all types of stuff during most of the second half of the movie, and still being able to follow. Surfing the internet, making coffee, emptying my nose. So, in a way, this is a great movie! It makes you feel aware of time, and you start acting accordingly (at least I did). Plus the fact that I considered it a French language course. (the Mexican accents are horrendous in the French version, by the way). Anyway, I donā€™t mean to sound too negative. Personally I feel no western should be watched in French (accept maybe The Daltons, because that is actually French). Even a Dutch language western would be better. Whateverā€¦ Iā€™d still rate it 6/10, which is good enough. It has itā€™s moments, at least enough for me to force me to give it a sufficent mark.

I have the X Kult DVD from Germany and was already impressed with the front cover.

The film is a very well made, exciting, well characterized western adventure benefitting
from leading man PETER LEE LAWRENCEā€™s performance. A stand out leading man.

John Ireland always a solid, likeable, dependable leading/supporting actor adds greatly.

My Vote for A GUN FOR 100 GRAVES 1968 is 17 out 20.