[A Fistful of Pasta] Latest Reviews

To clear up the confusion and duplicity, us in the Fistful posse will let you know about our new reviews in this thread, and we can discuss the reviews here in the same thread (sort of like the popular “What’s the last western you watched?” thread. For general discussions about the film, I’d recommend going to that films thread on the forum, but to be more specific about what we said (or should have said) in the reviews, let’s put that here.

The new articles, however, will get their own threads, as they are both less frequent and also don’t really overlap with the other things in the forum. Thanks again to Sebastian for giving us this little corner of this great community.

JD (lordradish)

Scherp’s got a review of They Call Me Trinity up, here:

[url]http://fistfulofpasta.com/index.php?go=reviews/trinityss[/url]

I put a review up of Demofilo Fidani’s “One Damned Day at Dawn, Django Meets Sartana!” here:
[url]http://fistfulofpasta.com/index.php?go=reviews/onedamned[/url]

I’d be interested to know what you all think, as Fidani’s got quite the lousy reputation. Agree with the review? It’s definitely harsh.

I haven’t seen this one, but your review reminds me on other SWs by Fidani the Great.

Let’s wait for the Koch release of what might be his best western.

[quote=“stanton, post:4, topic:1128”]I haven’t seen this one, but your review reminds me on other SWs by Fidani the Great.

Let’s wait for the Koch release of what might be his best western.[/quote]

I haven’t seen it either, but since i read this review I have been thinking about Kelly LeBrock !

(Don’t enter her name in the image section of Google)

Which one would that be?

He was probably thinking about Kelly LeBrock too
Koch has announced a remastered version of Weird Science

Why? Why? Why?

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:5, topic:1128”]I haven’t seen it either, but since i read this review I have been thinking about Kelly LeBrock !

(Don’t enter her name in the image section of Google)[/quote][quote=“scherpschutter, post:7, topic:1128”]He was probably thinking about Kelly LeBrock too
Koch has announced a remastered version of Weird Science[/quote]

??? ehh, no, … no I don’t know what you mean. Kelly LeBrock? The actress? Google? What happens if I google Kelly?

I was only talking about the announced Koch DVD of the Fidani SW For a Coffin Full of Dollars (aka Showdown for a Badman), which was named twice for our Top 20 voting, and garnered thereby a total of 7 points. Not bad, and enough to be on # 98 for the moment, 4 points more than Black Jack.

One vote is coincidence, but two’s a crowd, so it’s perhaps Fidani’s best.

I mixed things up

I was thinking about kelly Lebrock after reading what Bill San Antonio (not lordradish) wrote about a film he saw yesterday:

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:1, topic:1134”]Bang, Bang - The Spaghetti Western Database

Weird comedy western which is very silly but somehow strangely entertaining. Tom Bosley (Happy Days) plays the inventor who has built a robot sherrif Bang Bang Kid to fight Guy Madisons’ evil king (?) of the small western town. Bang Bang Kid just doesn’t work too well and is constantly breaking down. Story goes like a fairy-tale with metaphors to knights fighting evil king and Madison even has a medieval castle where he lives.

I think this is mainly meant to be a family movie for kids as there isn’t much violence and lots of comedy stuff but it’s entertaining enough for adults too mainly because of woman lead Sandra Milo who’s a real eye candy and the comedy is quite strange and differs from usual comedy westerns. More interesting than most of the slapstick comedies of the early 70’s.[/quote]

This reminded me of Weird Science

I’ll try the find the photo that gave me I shock

This was the end of all my dreams:

http://imageshack.us

25 years ago she was eye candy

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:11, topic:1128”]This was the end of all my dreams:

http://imageshack.us

25 years ago she was eye candy[/quote]
Hehe, was that really necessary? I’m a big fan of Weird Science by the way.

Well, she still looks ok in that headshot… below the neck is another matter. Why did you have to ruin mine and BL’s teen dreams?

While we’re all here talking, did anybody see the Fidani movie I reviewed?

I saw it on tv, must be 10-12 years ago, and remember only that i found it pretty boring. However, since i’ve recently begun to develop a kind of appreciation of Fidani stuff it may be in line for a re-viewing at some point :wink:

I thought I had, but it was another Django & Sartana film made by Fidani. That one I can recommend though. Great role by Gordon Mitchell as a crazy, paranoid gang leader.

Was that Django against Sartana?

It gets so confusing with these - different films, some with the same names, by the same bloke under different names…
But I think you’re right.
Other than another budget film - D against S/D defies S by Squittieri, there is Django and Sartana are coming … it’s the End aka Django against Sartana by Miles Deem/Fidani/Spitfire et all.
This is the one (I think) that has Gordon Mitchell playing cards and arguing with himself in the mirror. Genius :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

"D against S/D defies S by Squittieri"

How is that one? Have you seen it?

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:18, topic:1128”]It gets so confusing with these - different films, some with the same names, by the same bloke under different names…
But I think you’re right.
Other than another budget film - D against S/D defies S by Squittieri, there is Django and Sartana are coming … it’s the End aka Django against Sartana by Miles Deem/Fidani/Spitfire et all.
This is the one (I think) that has Gordon Mitchell playing cards and arguing with himself in the mirror. Genius :stuck_out_tongue: :D[/quote]
Correct. Original title: Arrivano Django e Sartana… è la fine
I have the German dvd, Django und Sartana Kommen.