A Coffin for the Sheriff / Una bara per lo sceriffo (Mario Caiano, 1965)

I concur, just got my copy in the mail today and itā€™s a great release. I already had this on a Wild East double bill but here the film runs 2 mins longer the picture quality is an upgrade so I am a happy gunslinger.

Both Gonzalo BraƱa and Francisco R. Alacid are in the 1966 Spanish movie Cotolay, now available on YouTube as El niƱo y el lobo.

Our henchman named Sam is in, thereā€™s no doubt about it! The guy on the left could be the same actor who plays Peter, but having checked quickly Iā€™m not sure of that.

1 Like

Also present in Gianni Pucciniā€™s Fury of Johnny Kid

After watching Cotolay, the more I compare the guy in El Cadete San Martin, Iā€™m seeing him, if you shaved Sam, the woodcutter or the Mounters son, or put a beard on him. The YouTube video is too low resolution to see facial lines but these all may be the same guy.

Looks like youā€™re on to Peter and the other woodcutter too

Good, it looks like we finally found out which of the two is Gonzalo!

Isnā€™t the other bearded henchman on Reply #38, 2nd pic Rafael Vaquero?

Yes, but the guy behind him is also familiar.

From Adios Gringo

A%2C%20G

1 Like

Due once di piombo! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This movieā€™s page in the SWDb has been updated to the new layout. Please submit any corrections, info, facts, links, reviews or pictures that could be added, thanks!

I just watched this one again.
If someone could update the main page: Una bara per lo sceriffo

At least some of the ā€œfilming locationā€ was set at Hoyo de Manzanares and Colmenar Viejo

Thanks,

done

This one has now been updated with A NEW POLL to vote on at the top of the page under the original post. Please find it and share your rating with the community.

As usual, link to forum page has also been added / fixed, poster art added, and broken links removed. The original memberā€™s post is as intended, at the top section.

Any issues, please say.

1 Like

Surely ā€˜Shenendoahā€™ has been used because that was the title of the recent James Stewart movie?

Oh Shenandoah, I long to see you ā€¦ a spiritually uplifting interlude amidst all the brutalities and ugliness of Italian Westerns. :sunglasses:

Credits page has been created for Una Bara per lo Sceriffo (A Coffin for the Sheriff)

1 Like