A Bullet for Sandoval / Quei disperati che puzzano di sudore e di morte / Los desesperados (Julio Buchs, 1969)

You are right, korano!
Dan van Husen has confirmed that Fulci had nothing to do with this film.

This also reminds me of the situation on FIVE MAN ARMY which people constantly say was really directed by Dario Argento. When Tom Betts, Donald Bruce, and I met up with Peter Graves he adamantly swore that Argento had absolutely nothing to do with directing that film. He said that the script he was given had Argento as a story contributor (not even a full-fledged writing credit!); but, that the film was directed by Don Taylor with producer Italo Zingarelli on hand to handle some minor shots.

Things like this are, as you said korano, frustrating.

As for BULLET FOR SANDOVALā€”I really like this one; but, the US DVD version that is available just doesnā€™t hold up to very many repeated viewings, as far as I am concerned. The uncut version is much better.

Silenceā€¦
Annabella appeared in a sub-plot sequence which makes up a large portion of the middle of the film in its original version. All of this sub-plot ended up being cut for the US theatrical release (for some ridiculous reason, I am sure). Thus, that sequence is missing from the VCI disc, too.
However, her credit always appears on all US press materials for this film!
Another frustrating situation.

I am hoping that one day the full version of this movie appears on DVD. I have a really badā€¦and getting worseā€¦third generation VHS of an Israeli pre-record of the uncut version and it is much better than the US version.
The uncut version would definitely hold up to repeated viewingsā€¦but, my tape is so bad that I canā€™t bring myself to look at it very often.

I hate cuts. It always feels like someone stole a part of a film from me :ā€™(.

An excellent widescreen uncut version exists on DVD-R. Well, uncut if there isnā€™t a longer version running then 102 min.

Yes, thatā€™s frustrating.

But one reason that things are so frustrating is that there are so many different staements and memories:

ā€œDario Argento has said that Taylor was the director just like credited, but on the other hand actress Daniela Giordano remembers Taylor only being there on the first day of shooting before Zingarelli took over.ā€

Do you know where it can be found? Iā€™d like to order it.

I have to correct me. Excellent is a bit exaggerated but itā€™s pretty good. Itā€™s is a DVD-R from a Swedish (so I think) VHS. 2,35:1 in good colors. There is also a version already cut together with the VCI disc. The difference to the weaker VHS parts is visible , but not too much as the colors are nearly identical.

But I donā€™t know if it is somewhere to buy. You surely can trade the VHS copy.

I already own the vci dvd, donā€™t care much about the picture quality of the dvd-r unless itā€™s really horrible, but Iā€™d love to see those missing scenes anyway, itā€™s one my favourite spagies. Have to make a more thorough search to find the uncut version I guess.

[quote=ā€œStanton, post:64, topic:216ā€]Yes, thatā€™s frustrating.

But one reason that things are so frustrating is that there are so many different staements and memories:

ā€œDario Argento has said that Taylor was the director just like credited, but on the other hand actress Daniela Giordano remembers Taylor only being there on the first day of shooting before Zingarelli took over.ā€[/quote]

Quite right, Stanton!

saw this last night and this is a spaghetti western done the way i like them,sombre, tough, no punches pulled. I really like this one, and was hooked right from the beginning. Everything about this is good, the acting, the music, the climax.straight in to my top 20.

I havenā€™t been able to locate a DVDR copy of the uncut version yet and I want to rewatch it badly. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A DVDR shop, an email, a torrent or anything like that?

Iā€™d be interested in this, as well. I had an old VHS tape of the uncut version, but it bit the dust a long, long time ago.

i have the v.c.i version and i wonder if it is uncut?

The VCI is cut by at least 12 min. You can find a description of the missing scenes on page 2 of this thread.

I might just be able to help you fellas out. :wink:
Iā€™ll PM you.

Itā€™s cut. Thereā€™s a side plot with Annabella Incontrera thatā€™s not on the VCI disc.

that you very much mr. silence ;D

Finally viewed the longer version which is much better. Not because of the longer length, but I really felt how Hilton was pissed off this time round.

Thanks to Phil I was able to view the longer version and thatā€™s what I think of it as well.

Iā€™ve seen this one recently and found it very dramatic too (at least in the first half), a outsider in the genre.
Thereā€™s a very fucked-up scene in which Hilton kills a man by drowning it in a milk basket. Beautiful.

the worst role for hilton???