A Bullet for Sandoval / Quei disperati che puzzano di sudore e di morte / Los desesperados (Julio Buchs, 1969)

I found the trailer on You Tube and simple entered Isabella Incontrera in Google ā€˜imagesā€™ . Youā€™ll get a lot a photos, also a still from SANDOVAL
According to that still she is the woman that appears at 2.35 in the trailer:

But Rosa is long dead when Hilton returns from the Civil War, why and where should she appear in the film?

Hi, again.

I finally got to see this movie. I saw the VCI disc. The version of the film seems very cohesive to me, although it would be sharp to see the excised sequences. For me, it was a tough go in the beginning but I must say I got swept up in the 2nd and 3rd acts. Some in the supporting cast are very strong.

I was interested in the ā€œFulciā€ thing. I must say that this thread was very informative reading.

IMO, I think SWDB should take down the ā€œFulciā€ director credit.
There is enough evidence in this thread to support Mr. Buchs.
8)

I have changed this.

The database should stick to the official credits. If there are uncredited involvements, it should be mentioned as uncredited, if possible with an explanation.

Yes/No?

Whole heartedly agree

One of the best spaghettis ever made. Great acting, directing, plot, script, and locations. I noticed how ā€œrealisticā€ the gunfights seemed comapred to other spaghettis where a bunch of people fire and a their targets just start dropping like flies. You actually see the characters aim at their targets instead of them firing and theirntargets falling. anyway, great movie which Lucio Fulci apparently co directed.

Also, I hear a lot of whinning as to why Ernest Brognine wasnā€™t in more spaghettis. One film that is not on the database which stares Borgnine exists. It is very unknown. It is called ā€œRain for a Dusty Summerā€ AKA ā€œGuns of the Revolutionā€

Just viewed this one for the second time.

When George Hilton is handed over his baby, I just knew that this baby was not going to live (even the first time I viewed the film). What serious Spaghetti is going to have a main character of a film riding around with a baby for longā€¦

The transition of Hilton from good to bad does not work for me 100%, and Borgnine always seems to be shouting.

And of course the VCI disc is cut which does not help matters.

Just an OK film for me in the VCI version.

Second viewing for me too, this time sobre.
Disappointing and uneven film that never manages to impress, except for the sinister grave robbing bit in the beginning. The screenplay is incoherent and the final is a letdown. Come on, a lame knife fight and then Borgnine with the bull. Hahaha. Hiltonā€™s acting kinda annoyed me and Borgnine is completely out of place as a Mexican. Also, too much happens out of the blue and some things are just not credible enough. Not the worst, but insufficient anyway.

Even with missing footage, this one was has long been a favorite of mine. It played last week on Encore Westerns. The print used was a good one, but was fullscreen and the same version on the VCI disc. I really liked Hiltonā€™s performance and found it refreshing lin lieu of his many quasi annoying comedic roles. A very brutal, somber and violent movie. I thought Borgnine was misplaced and most likely chosen for his name value. He didnā€™t seem a good choice for the Spanish patriarch. And the Chang Cheh style ending (the ā€œheroesā€ surrounded against insurmountable odds) was a major plus. Is there a decent quality DVD-R of the more complete version floating around anywhere?

Very good and serious ā€œwarā€ western, although the transformation of Hilton into an outlaw and generally the motives behind the forming of the gang might not be extremely convincing. The bull scene was very raw and brutal, totally effective imo despite the abscene of much blood and goreā€¦the final scene in the arena was somehow expected, but it fits perfectly anyway.
8/10, maybe a bit more.

I have a VHS rip of this under the title GUNS FOR THE REVOLUTION, but i believe it is an American production. At least according to the IMDB.

Guns of the Revolution is an American western filmed in Spain and starring Ernest Borgnine which is maybe why it is also Bullet for Sandoval for you.

Actually, i was refering to your post about RAIN FOR A DUSTY SUMMER (in quote) and itā€™s lack of inclusion in the database ;D But i also have BULLET FOR SANDOVAL, though i have viewed neither yet.

OHHHHHHHHHH!

Guns of the Revolution? I wouldnā€™t call it a spaghetti. I wouldnā€™t even call it a western. Itā€™s more a socio-political drama about the persecution of priests during the Mexican Revolution. Very sober movie, no action at all, just talking. Borgnineā€™s personage is a caricature of a mexican despot. Didnā€™t like it, and I can understand why itā€™s hardly known.

Guns of the Revolution = RAIN FOR A DUSTY SUMMER. It is in the databse

Just watched this one.

Great film, great actors, music and everything. The VCI disc is ok (I have a DVDr of it).

But WHY no Annabella WHY :ā€™(?!

I donā€™t understand why people persistantley say Fulci was involved in this film. Hilton has no recollection of Fulci here. I often see this frusterating mistake.

Too bad you canā€™t change your vote, I gave it 2 stars back when I started coming here, after seeing the uncut version, iā€™d gladly give it 5 today.