A Barrel Full of Dollars / Per una bara piena di dollari (Demofilo Fidani, 1971)

Anyone have the English Audiodubbed version!!! from the Koch Media DVD.

Koch Media. Rainbow Collection Nr. 7. :wink:

I see I have given this a 1. Donā€™t remember anything about it, it mustā€™ve been a quite bad Fidani.

Canā€™t remember much too. Just another bad movie.

In fact it is a quite good Fidani!

So it was you who gave it 4 stars? :o

Canā€™t remember, but could beā€¦

Your own vote is in bold, so it should be easy to detect. Gave it 3 stars myself.

Thanks for reminding me BL.

Viewed this on dvd as previously viewed a vhs print. Big haircuts and sideburns, Gordon Mitchell looking cheeky, lots of gunplay, empty town, lots of horse riding for the hell of it and Kinski just enjoying a cigar. Not viewed a film by this director in a while, and had loads of fun with this. Excellent stuff.

Iā€™ve not seen this film since I was about 18-19, I donā€™t remember it at all but I do remember thinking it wasnā€™t all that.

Iā€™ve had the Koch dvd for ages but havenā€™t bothered watching it yet.

I think itā€™s the fourth or fifth time I have watched this film now. Fidani fun that is not so quirky as his other outputs, but with the usual people involved that make a solid cheapie. Kinski and Cameron are cool and we get a decent amount of gunplay and acrobatics. As said lots of horse riding scenes, but also the supercool scene with Cameron casually shooting a bunch of bank robbers.

This time I watched the Dutch vhs (Video Star) which carries an English dub. I prefer this one in English, evne though some of the dialogue is horrendous.

My (Dutch) review here:

o points from me not 1 :o :o
the fidani westerns goes everyone top bottom 20 list

[quote=ā€œsartana1968, post:33, topic:1272ā€]the fidani westerns goes everyone top bottom 20 list[/quote]not mine.

realy???

Thereā€™s much worse shit than lots of Fidanis out there, thatā€™s a fact.

yea maybe, ultra crappy ones like crazy bunch and kid terror of the west

Agreed !

Had a trash movie marathon last weekend with a friend of mineā€¦ maybe I should have brought it with me and give it another chance. Trash like this is always appreciated more when youā€™re watching it with company and not alone. Next time.

[quote=ā€œPhil H, post:5, topic:1272ā€]To be honest I found it kind of weird. No build up. He just walks into shot and guns 'em down ???
No wasted footage from old Dick Spitfire there :D[/quote]

Thatā€™s one of the best gags.
I really enjoy this Fidani. Really fast paced and it looks fantastic (DP was Joe Dā€™Amato). The plot is just an excuse to get from one well put together (if silly) gunfight to another.

The only snag is in the filmā€™s final moments where Kinskiā€™s villain incomprehensibly leaves his great cover atop a bell tower and waltzes out in the open. The inevitable happens and the film ends immediately after.

Certainly Fidaniā€™s best. Everything else the man did was boring trash*. Makes me wonder how much of the film is actually Dā€™Amatoā€™sā€¦

*Although I do enjoy the goofy HIS NAME WAS SAM WALBASH BUT THEY CALLED HIM AMEN.