200 Spaghetti Westerns

I reached the 200 mark a couple of years back but my collection has been crawling since so at present i’m around the 240-250 bracket.I’m in no hurry to accumulate the crappier end of the genre and am holding out in the hope that there are still a few hidden gems out there.

Great, Lasky, make a Top 20!

Go for 300,this time i’ve 291

I haven´t kept a list or counted the spaghettis i´ve watched. But i suppose it´s well over 200, as i did a rough count of my original vhs-tapes and it´s about 225 of them, haven´t watched all yet but also have watched quite a few handfuls of dvds and various dubs and copies.

I have seen about 180 spaghetti westerns. Most of it on the television, some on DVD, some on Youtube …

I still have some movies at home, I have not seen yet. I hope to have seen 220 SW until the end of the year.

Checked: About 152
In stock: 473 (mostly spanish language dvd’s and divx)

I’m probably around 150.

I think I have seen now every interesting or half-interesting Spagie, at least the search list is down to 2 films which are at the moment not available in English or German (Garter Colt), or worse not available at all (Chrysanthemums for a Bunch of Swine).

Of course there are still a few I like to rewatch in better versions, but in the last years there were always several new films popping up when I thought I was through, but now I’m really thinking I’m through as I’m not intending to wade through all the boring crap.

What’s now?

Better versions of ones you like if available sounds good.

I have 183 on dvd at the moment, but I have seen a lot more than those over the years.

If some eurowesterns are counted in, I’m a little bit over 200 at the moment (~210) and I have another 40-50 that I haven’t watched yet.

I collected a lot of spaghettis last year, have over 200 now and have seen an additional 20-30 films in the past on vhs that I no longer have in my collection

Right now I’m taking a little break from collecting spaghetti westerns, have also some spaghettis I haven’t seen yet so need to catch up before getting even more

The fact that they’re so easily available - DVD, DVDr, torrents - makes it less adventurous

I remember being in Italy, desperately trying to trace a copy of a film like Arizona Colt or Death rides a Horse … and couldn’t

Today you can buy and download (beg, borrow & steal) movies around nearly every internet corner
Leaves so little to desire, so little to dream about …

In a way the magic is a little gone perhaps

Still it’s obviously a good thing the films are easily available in high-quality releases

Unfortunately that’s true, Scherp. It was too easy to get all of these films in a comparatively short space of time.

Well I for one am grateful for it being easier to get hold of films now. I’ve been a fan of Spaghettis since I was a teenager but spent years being unable to see all but a few films. That wasn’t adventurous it was just bloody frustrating. The past few years have been absolute heaven for me. Not just with Spaghettis but all kinds of less mainstream films. The more the merrier as far as I’m concerned. The shelves in my living room don’t necessarily agree though. ::slight_smile:

True. I didn’t know where to get them before I discovered the SWDB (except some Iberian releases), actually I had the idea that no one care about the genre anymore.

Ya I was certain that the only copies out there of most films I was looking for were the budget 20 movie packs.

Some mix feelings on this one, but Sherp’s statement in a way works for me too (maybe I’m a little bit nostalgic, but loving SW is being a little bit nostalgic in a way), even more living in Portugal where things when I was a young teenager were much more dificult to get than in other European countrys. remember once afte a long train journey to some midlle of nowhere smalltown in the interior, went to some coofee shop/tavern, that also sold groceries, K7 and vynil records found among a strange selection a Sioux and Banshes record (Tinderbox by the way), only could by that record in one or two stores in Lisbon, never understood how it got there, but I was very pleased to found it.
Today things are more easy, but maybe the pleasure of discover doesn’t come from old things now accessible, but from the new things, the ones that got away from the masses, from being the next big thing, and that you think when you just by chance see it, or listen tot, hat they were made just for you.

No not as much fun getting stuff in these days on the whole…much more clinical affair.