$100,000 for Ringo / 100.000 dollari per Ringo (Alberto De Martino, 1965)

Yeah this was a huge hit in the early days of SWs. If you consider inflation, its one of the most successful SWs ever in the Italian box office. I donā€™t quite know why though why it was so popular. I guess it was during the early days before the market got saturated and people justed wanted to see a western, any western.

Back in those days, anything with Clint, LVC, or Gemma was box office gold, but Harrison had his day in the son for a brief moment too.

I have it in my inflation adjusted list at # 21.

19 La collina degli stivali
20 La resa dei conti
21 100 000 dollari per Ringo
22 Per pochi dollari ancora
23 Arizona Colt

The other 4 films are pretty close, especially the 2 before it.

I watched this last night - and was pleased to be back in spaghettiland after a brief sojourn into Grindhouse territory. Although this is never gonna come anyway near breaking into my top 50, this early sw entertained and confused in equal measures. Richard Harrison looked good stabbing a bloke in the hand and showd some cool gunslinging, and there was good support from Fernando ā€¦ but Indians I can usually do without for the most part.
Canā€™t see the PLL/Castel thing, but I thought he looked instead like Garko off the Blood at Sundown poster - looking up through his hat and mad eyes.
Itā€™s from the bottom half of the sw barrel imo, but did the job all the same.

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/$100,000_for_Ringo_Review

Thereā€™s a review of this movie, but for some reason the link wonā€™t work (review accessible from the Main Page)

It was Colonel Douglas Mortimer (the real one, not the guy from that picture) who drew my attention to this movie, with a post on the thread of One Silver Dollar:

ā€œOne Silver Dollar was a huge hit box office wise, I think it actually outgrossed the Ringo films, although over time the Ringo films have gone on to be more famous. Another surprisingly historically relevant film is 100,000 Dollars for Ringo, which was a routine film, but a huge hit. Surprisingly, it is relatively obscure now, but it was hugely popular back in the day. Richard Harrison never achieved that status ever again.ā€

Like that Japan poster.

Try this link:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/$100,000_for_Ringo_Review

much better than ringo series with gemma

Hi , does anyone know where i can get an english dubbed or subtitled version of this.

My existing copy is a poor vhs rip and the english audio is out of sync . >:( I persevered with it as long as i could but my concentration level hit 0.

Thanks in advance.

I think thereā€™s a new upload on Cinemageddon
The one I got was of poor quality (look at the screenshot in the previous pic)

Thanks , i think thatā€™s where i got the one i have originally. Unfortunately i fell out with some of the ā€œhigh profileā€ users on Cinemageddon and deleted my account there.

This was a good film. While not great, was still solid and good.

Much preferable to the ā€œMan Who Killed Billy The kidā€ which was released at same time on DVD

Decent PQ

Better than scores of others ive seen. Definitely on my ā€œwatch againā€ list.

Amazon states that the DVD has English audio whereas the database lists only English subtitles. Can anyone confirm whether it has the English dub or not? If not, where can I get a copy in DVD quality?

The information on the SWDb page as well as on the companyā€™s website is incorrect: the Wild Coyote DVD has English and German audio, no subtitles. The sound quality of the English audio track is very bad, though.

Thanks for letting me know. Iā€™ll give it a try.

Was it taken from the Something Weird VHS? The audio on some of their releases is pretty dreadful.

If I remember right the VHS was the source because it is the longest exisiting english version. Also the 4min deleted scenes in the bonus part of the dvd are from the VHS.
Please take care that the dvd has a grindhouse picture quality because it was scanned from the last existing German 35mm print. Anyway colors and focus are on a very good level.
The feature with Alberto De Martino is very nice also because it seems to be his last interview ever.

Here are some screenshots from the Wild Coyote:

I really enjoyed this. I didnā€™t find the English audio too bad on the DVD, either. There was one point in the film where the music went off, however. I turned on the German audio and the music was still playing. Iā€™m not sure why they didnā€™t just borrow the music from the German dub to fill it in. There was no dialogue in that scene, so it didnā€™t really make sense why they left it silent. This is possibly my third favourite Richard Harrison spaghetti after Vengeance and One After Another. Highly enjoyable!

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: 10,000 Dollars for a Massacre / 10.000 dollari per un massacro (Romolo Guerrieri, 1967)

Viewed that many versions of this over the years, but finally viewed the best copy so far. Super score as already mentioned to this one, powerfull stuff, with a great theme song. Interesting Harrison is never called Ringo in the film, but thats Spaghetti westerns for you. Cashing in on something. Actually followed the story in this one this time around, and yep I liked it. Some decent action, cement my opinion that Harrison starred in some good early westerns.

This movieā€™s page in the database has been upgraded to the new layout. Please let us know of any feedback and submit texts, links, facts or pictures.

He is called Ringo in the Italian dubbing.

2 Likes