10,000 Ways to Die (Alex Cox)

That’s what my wife always says

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:77, topic:160”]Nice motto, I’ll keep that one in mind

So far one of my favourites is of former Congolese president Mobutu, he once said there was no need for political opposition in his country, since he represented all Congolese people[/quote]

Schopenhauer is always comforting in this vein. He once said something like “Whoever attaches a lot of value to the opinions of others pays them too much honour.”

[quote=“Phil H, post:76, topic:160”]How does “a watchable, recycled Tortilla Western with obvious politics and too much comedy” grab you? :wink:

Better get those argumentators ready.[/quote]

OK then I’ll send my “argumentators” first to you. They are not very bright (of course), but they have their own way to make their (my) positions perfectly clear. You will be stunned by their powers of persuasion and after you are back from hospital we can check your progress by discussing Boot Hill again.

Hah, first I take the editors, then I’ll take the database.

[quote=“Stanton, post:83, topic:160”]OK then I’ll send my “argumentators” first to you. They are not very bright (of course), but they have their own way to make their (my) positions perfectly clear. You will be stunned by their powers of persuasion and after you are back from hospital we can check your progress by discussing Boot Hill again.

Hah, first I take the editors, then I’ll take the database.[/quote]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Experts, if you could only buy 1 sw book, which would it be?

ouch someone’s asking hard questions, don’t you know we’re all paid by Alex Cox? :smiley:

OK, then if AC’s book is best, which would be ahem second best.

Easy question for me.
Marco Giusti’s Dizionario Del Western All’Italiana is by far the most informative and useful book on the subject I have seen. Its only drawback is that it is in Italian only. But the fact that I don’t actually speak the language but still manage to get more info from this book than any other tells you how much it has to offer. If I only had one Spaghetti wish it would be for an English translation release of this book.

A translation of the Giusti Dizionario would be fine, after all the things I heard about it.

For the informations I have the Bruckner, for reading Kessler and Frayling and Hughes and maybe then also Alex Cox.

[quote=“Phil H, post:79, topic:160”]I just added up the interview with Alex too.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Interview_with_Alex_Cox[/quote]

Good work Phil, very good

[quote=“Phil H, post:88, topic:160”]Easy question for me.
Marco Giusti’s Dizionario Del Western All’Italiana is by far the most informative and useful book on the subject I have seen. Its only drawback is that it is in Italian only. But the fact that I don’t actually speak the language but still manage to get more info from this book than any other tells you how much it has to offer. If I only had one Spaghetti wish it would be for an English translation release of this book.[/quote]
Ok AC’s book is the best & Marco Giusti’s is second, which would be the best, if you could only buy 1, in English?

Recieved my copy after losing patience with amazon uk who are still waiting stock and re ordered from london bookshop. ordered it friday got it monday! started it last night looks like an intresting read.

I’ve read the book meanwhile.
Luckily, my argumentators are already in good old UK and as they are a bit sad about their last job which didn’t brought them the expected excitement (Phil’s house was deserted, he obviously knew what was coming and went into a hastily prepared “vacation”, a friendly disguised paraphrase for going into exile to avoid trouble), I just diverted them directly to Alex.

[quote=“Stanton, post:93, topic:160”]I’ve read the book meanwhile.
Luckily, my argumentators are already in good old UK and as they are a bit sad about their last job which didn’t brought them the expected excitement (Phil’s house was deserted, he obviously knew what was coming and went into a hastily prepared “vacation”, a friendly disguised paraphrase for going into exile to avoid trouble), I just diverted them directly to Alex.[/quote]

Stanton, I have no idea what you’re saying here

Alex Cox’s book is excellent but quite often i don’t agree with his opinions about the relative merits of certain sw’s which is why i prefer Howard Hughes’s book.Not seen Giusti’s book.

Only a joke, which refers to another joke. Just ignore it.

have the book now. but wont be able to read it in a long time

I’ve just bought Alex Cox’s new book, “10,000 Ways to Die”, and, after just reading the first few pages, I must say, its brilliant! You can oviously see that Alex Cox is a fan of Spaghetti Westerns and writes about the films with respect and knowledge. It is a must read for anyone who loves Spaghetti Westerns. What are your opinions of it?

few older topics about the book:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,153.0.html

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,1317.msg57570.html#new

I’ve just bought Alex Cox’s new book, “10,000 Ways to Die”, and, after just reading the first few pages, I must say, its brilliant! You can oviously see that Alex Cox is a fan of Spaghetti Westerns and writes about the films with respect and knowledge. It is a must read for anyone who loves Spaghetti Westerns.