10,000 Ways to Die (Alex Cox)

http://www.alexcox.com/freestuff.htm

get it!

whoohoo thanks alot for the link man! itā€™s printing as we speak

youā€™re printing it? how many pages is it? the download was over 20 megabytes!

249 pages

but im not printing the LVC interview at the end (wich is great, check it out!) but itā€™s still plently, i dont care, ive got the paper, got the ink, got the time, i hate reading on the screen, fucks your eyes up

hehe cool

i agree. i downloaded it yesterday. My 56k modem was almost burning with the amount of 28 mbā€¦ :smiley:

I only took a little look inside, but what i saw was great. thanks a lot.

That was a terrific read! Cox really knows his stuff.

I printed it off ages ago but still havent gotten around to reading it yet.

Not a bad read really.

[quote=ā€œENNIOO, post:9, topic:160ā€]Not a bad read really.[/quote]iā€™ll have to get my arse in gear and start to read it soon.

I am a bit like this on the actual films.

I get them and usually do not watch for a few months!

UPDATE: REVIEW OF THE BOOK AVAILABLE HERE: 10,000 Ways To Die Book Review - The Spaghetti Western Database

This is from Alexā€™s website.
The book should be an interesting addition to others available on the subject. The season of films at the NFT should be a great reason for anyone to make a trip to London. Iā€™ll keep everyone posted as it develops.

2009 UPDATE
Iā€™m half way through the revision of my old Spaghetti Western tract, which Iā€™ve retitled MASSACRE TIME - to differentiate it from this new chronological history. The new book will have - at Kamera Booksā€™ insistance - the old title, 10,000 WAYS TO DIE, but itā€™s completely different from the previous: a chronological history, beginning with Corbucciā€™s RED PASTURES in 1963, and ending in the eighties with the last-gasp 3D Spaghetti, COMINā€™ AT YA!

And - if all goes well - in June 2009 Iā€™ll curate a season of Spaghetti Westerns at the NFT in London, the National Media Museum in Bradford, and in New York: not the Eastwood/Leone trilogy, which has been done to death, but the really good stuff: Questi, Corbucci, Sollima, Petroni, Castellari.

More details to follow. 2008.6.30

[quote=ā€œPhil H, post:12, topic:160ā€]The season of films at the NFT should be a great reason for anyone to make a trip to London.

2009 UPDATE
And - if all goes well - in June 2009 Iā€™ll curate a season of Spaghetti Westerns at the NFT in London, the National Media Museum in Bradford, and in New York: not the Eastwood/Leone trilogy, which has been done to death, but the really good stuff: Questi, Corbucci, Sollima, Petroni, Castellari.
More details to follow. 2008.6.30[/quote]

You live in London and The Rev lives near Bratfordā€¦I can not think of any better reason than that to visit these placesā€¦the SW seasons would be an addded bonusā€¦or more like Almeriaā€¦a ā€˜got to be doneā€™

I reckon we should all meet up for some of these events

Too bloody right Yod. Perhaps we should do an annual event.

Wow, Philā€¦ And there we were talking about Alex Cox in a thread just yesterday! Man, what I wouldnā€™t give to be able to attend one of these events here in the US that was closer than New York (still over 1,000 miles from me!).

Well, thereā€™s a whole year to save up for it. Iā€™ve been to two events like this in the past two years. One in Venice and one in Almeria. And I can heartily recommend them. Two of the best weekends of my life.

Well, I missed Almeria. So I better come to this. Iā€™d love to see Spaghettis on a big screen with a big audience. AND, Iā€™ve never been to London.

[quote=ā€œPhil H, post:12, topic:160ā€]2009 UPDATE

More details to follow. 2008.6.30[/quote]
Donā€™t forget the Bradford connection - my house is open to all !

I saw on another forum that the newly extended version of THE GOOD,THE BAD & THE UGLY will be shown around selected UK cinemaā€™s in August. :smiley:

I canā€™t wait for Coxā€™s new book and i glad heā€™s opted for the chronological approach.