10,000 Ways to Die (Alex Cox)

Thought I’d update everyone on this.

The book is finished and is currently with the publishers so is still on track for a summer release I believe. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the film season at the BFI seems to have been postponed for ‘at least a year’ so who knows if that will ever happen. Not sure of the exact reasons given but my suspicion is that the BFI wound up considering the project too difficult to put together. >:( Bastards.

Anyhow, if I hear any more I’ll let you all know.

This is one Spaghetti book I will purchase for sure.

Can’t wait. I read the old online version on his website which was really interesting. This new, revamped, revised, bulked up, chronologically arranged publication should be great!

Well, if the New York one happens, count me in!

I’ll surely have a look at this…

Alex does the best commentaries on spaghetti westerns. Theres some YouTube vids of him introducing some diff SWs on TV and they are awesome.

Alex discusses Djangohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EqISsvy89w

I just watched those clips… really entertaining!

http://www.kamerabooks.co.uk/10000ways/index.php?title_isbn=9781842433041

I’m getting an advance review copy. In case I don’t find the time to review it, I’ll have one of our staff read and review it

I’ve already read it Seb so I’d be happy to do that review if you’d like.

how have you read it? I’m feeling passed over, I just got contacted from the publisher today

Don’t feel slighted. Alex and I are in reasonably regular contact and he sent me the manuscript to look over a little while ago.
I really like it. It’s a nice contrast to other books out there in as much as it doesn’t try and cover every film but focuses on ones he thinks are of interest and he looks at them chronologically but also with a ‘director’s eye’ which I found really interesting. It’s a bit more personal than other books I’ve read on the topic too and,as always, Alex isn’t shy of having an opinion. So it’s a good mix of professional and fan perspective.

alright then, when i get it and dont have to to read it (very likely that i dont…) then i’ll commission you as the reviewer :slight_smile:

have pre ordered this book from amazon uk. they are selling it for £11.04 RRP is £16.99 but it is not coming out until 1 may :frowning:

So I can at least order it now? And 1 may isn’t too bad!

[quote=“Silence, post:34, topic:160”]So I can at least order it now? And 1 may isn’t too bad![/quote]yes you can, but the date was put back for some reason from april 9th to may 1st.

Just pre ordered !

No doubt to drum up interest in his new book, there is an article in the UK Guardian newspaper by Alex Cox on SW death scenes:

[quote=“Novecento, post:37, topic:160”]No doubt to drum up interest in his new book, there is an article in the UK Guardian newspaper by Alex Cox on SW death scenes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/apr/17/spaghetti-westerns-death-scenes[/quote]

Tomaso played by Lorenzo Lorenzon??
Poor old Senor Robledo just can’t get no respect :cry:

I just did the same thing !

Sounds good Dorado :slight_smile: .