10,000 Dollars for a Massacre / 10.000 dollari per un massacro (Romolo Guerrieri, 1967)

It says video not available? Thank you for trying.

Any decent release with English overdub would be welcome. Arrow treatment especially so!

1 Like

The ā€œBest of Spaghetti Westernsā€ set is definitely not Region 1 locked, I can promise you that with 100% certainty, irrespective of what Amazon or any other company might claim. Iā€™m in the UK and I own that set (as do several other of our UK brethren, no doubt). Itā€™s also one of the best cheapo box sets ever produced in my humble opinion. If you can source a copy, purchase with confidence, sir. :+1:

2 Likes

OK the info in the SWDb of that box is very sloppy, I am gonna get on fixing that right now. Before I roll it out then to all the movie DVD pages this box covers, can you confirm if all other specs are correct and complete here

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/10.000_dollari_per_un_massacro/DVD

I found this helpful review

That review looks spot on. Region free, static title screens, no extras, correct running times (donā€™t know about the aspect ratios; there is no aspect ratio info on the box or in the discs), correct films in the correct disc order. :+1:

Looks OOP though, sadly. Found a copy on eBay being sold from the US but, at that distance, itā€™ll cost around Ā£40 all in for @trouble_jw to get it to the UK. Is it worth Ā£40? I think so (I think I paid about Ā£30 for mine maybe 9 years ago, but it wasnā€™t OOP then so it was a brand new copy), but it might not be for everyone.

2 Likes

@trouble_jw I can second @last.caress. Iā€™ve had that set for years and watched dvds from it on pc and my non region-free Blu ray player. Itā€™s a good set as far as cheap box sets goā€¦if you can get a copy it would be worth it for $10000 Blood Money. If you havenā€™t already, and can find a way, check out its sister film Vengeance Is Mine as wellā€¦Im in the minority who prefers it to $10000.

Edit: Just seen Asa say itā€™s forty quid on eBayā€¦might not be worth it just for the one film.

This. Along with Vengeance is Mine of courseā€¦that would be amazing.

2 Likes

Same print on this set from Shom

I like Vengeance is Mine just as much. The English dub is very good on both films.

2 Likes

Totally. I remember the first time I saw Vengeanceā€¦ I was shocked at how good the dubbing was.

I do love both though even though I didnā€™t particularly like $10000ā€¦ the first time I saw it. Theyā€™re both in my top ten now and I donā€™t think theyā€™ll ever leave. Two of the very best in my humble.

1 Like

Thank you @last.caress for confirming the regions. If I can get the set for a decent price, I defo will purchase.

@Bill_Willer , thank youā€¦ is ā€˜Vengeance is mineā€™ another difficult to obtain title? Looking into it already, Iā€™m guessing so.

@ElDavido , is that set region free?

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge. Iā€™m still new to the genre, been collecting for about a yearā€¦but already have about 100 blu ray / DVDS. Its very additive! (I just donā€™t tell the Mrs about them all :wink: )

2 Likes

Yes sadly I think soā€¦I think the main release is the Koch Django box which is hard to get hold of. I bought a great bootleg years ago with good picture quality and both English and Italian audio. I canā€™t remember where the heck I got it from though.

Edit: Iā€™ve just had a look on Google for the site and couldnā€™t find it. Whatever it was I think itā€™s gone now sadly :pensive:

Iā€™ve been asked not to post full movie links on the thread, but you can find it on you tube without any difficulty :crazy_face:

2 Likes

This movieā€™s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new ā€œSWDb 3.0ā€ format (thanks @Carlos ). Please have a look and let us know if thereā€™s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).

New poll added to first post of this topic.

2 Likes

A rare photo of both VolontĆ© brothers. Also pictured Carla Gravina and Dominique Boschero. Taken shortly before the release of ā€˜10.000 dollari per un massacroā€™ on 30th January, 1967. (Casteldelfino, Province of Cuneo, Piedmont).

12 Likes

Great pic @Montero, think Caludio Camaso does an incredible job in this. A big reason why itā€™s in my personal top twenty.

3 Likes

My first revisit to this Garko spag and itā€™s finally in glorious HD!

Enjoyed this even more on a rewatch! I think the brawl when Garko meets Camaso at the abandoned town is one of my favourites out of any spag - feels really violent and in no way cartoon-y like a lot of spag fist fights are. I also love how dark this one gets. Once Djangoā€™s girl and best buddy are dead, he quits messing about and gets straight to revenge.

Ended up watching the Italian version as I found the English dub quite poor and struggled to hear some of the dialogue but the Italian dub sounded great, will probably watch the pseudo sequel in Italian too!

Edit: Im watching the newly edited archival interviews between the director and Garko (in Italian), and the subtitles just stopped around the 8:30 mark, can anyone else confirm this is happening in their discs?

4 Likes

Itā€™s strange to me how many people here click ā€˜LIKEā€™ on comments about buying or receiving items in the mail ā€¦ but seem relatively disinterested in actually discussing whatā€™s on those little discs theyā€™re sometimes paying a lot for.

Two ā€˜Likesā€™ on the previous post about the film, and Six on the, 'I just bought ā€¦ (SW Shopping Diary)

All the histrionics over why my purchase hasnā€™t arrived yet when I pre ordered 6 months ago, is getting very repetitive and very dull.

This site is about Spaghetti Westerns, rather than a mail service complaints board :wink:

Itā€™s a forum amigo so people discuss whatever they like in regards to spaghetti westerns so including who got what when and including the delivery times and shipping patterns of misc. companies. You are not forced to access all subjects you know and certainly not read all of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now wait a minuteā€¦ isnā€™t this the Shipment Was Delivered Board?? :wink:

2 Likes

or ā€¦ ā€˜Spaghetti Western Drought Blues!ā€™

:wink:

1 Like