10,000 Dollars for a Massacre / 10.000 dollari per un massacro (Romolo Guerrieri, 1967)

Nice review Scherpschutter.
I have to go back and watch this all the way through again soon.
Iā€™ve watched the begining of this film many times but seen it all the way through only twice I think.
And in my memory large swatches are lost.
I DO find the mascara a little unsettlingā€¦

An excellent SW! It includes everything (or most) what I expect from a SW. The Koch Media DVD is also very good. :slight_smile:

I liked this movie and I thought the only weakness was that the last 20 minutes or so dragged on a bit. Like Scherp said, the movie seems to lose focus towards the end. I also didnā€™t like the mascara. It looked stupid. Still a classic though. And I thought it was a little bit better than Vengeance is mine.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film. I thought the later part of the film was great. Django was totally playing with Camasioā€™s head.
As someone else said it is all a matter of taste.

In the meantime I wrote a review of the movie:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/10.000_Dollars_for_a_Massacre_Review

I was a bit more positive on the shootout in the ghosttown after rewatching it
(The review still needs some links + a photo, feel free you computer maniacs!)

1 Like

Good review Sherp!

During watching I never recognize the catholic connections in SW. Most of the Italian Filmmakers were Catholic, so Iā€™m sure that itā€™s easy to find in almost SW something of the catholic (unofficial) mythology and christian symbolism.
I liked that you mentioned Jason King! :slight_smile:

Great review Scherp.

I agree Fernando Sancho was great in this one. Also agree about the overplayingā€¦I think that was part of what made the film really enjoyable for me.

Interesting movie containing some great, memorable scenes with nice score and great cast. But i still say ā€œVengeance is mineā€ is better :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway this one gets 8/10

Downright fu**ing excellent.

Well shot with a good score. Atmospheric & never dull.
Excellent acting all round - in particular Gianni Garko & Claudio Camaso.

Highly recommended.

ONe of the best unofficial djangos, if not THE best. I thought it was better than vengeance is mine but that movie was great too.

Iā€™m gonna watch that in a few minutes. ;D

Well I quite enjoyed this oneā€¦although it displayed nothing really new it had everything that I wanted in a SW tonight. Good casting, great scenery, enjoyable movie.

BTW Seb is there a way to combine this topic with the ā€œ10000 Blood Moneyā€ topic? Seems like a waste to have 2 different threads about the same movie.

I love it. Amazing score, the best Fernando Sancho iā€™ve ever seen and a dramatic, cold-blooded, revengeful finale which is one of my all- time favourites sw scenes. What a brilliant vocal track is the one in the ending! Unfortunately itā€™s not included in the CD soundtrack of the DJANGO BOX. Totally recommended! 5/5

Iā€™m relatively new to spaghetti westerns, but I have to say this is one of the best that Iā€™ve seen. This one is kinda surreal. I loved it!

p.s. Did anyone else get the homosexual vibe from this one?

Because of Claudio Camasoā€™s Mascara?

Yeah! - Iā€™ve tracked down a previously unknown and uncut copy.
In this, as Garko stares into Loredana Nusciakā€™s ā€˜cold dead eyesā€™, he is heard to say ā€œThatā€™s it! Iā€™ve had it with women from now on.ā€ Later, he is seen to be actually taking Claudio roughly from behind, and Claudio does look ravishing in a pretty red saloon girls outfit.
Otherwise, I donā€™t think itā€™s that obvious. :wink:

Man, hard :wink: stuff!

This needs further investigation, thanks jaho.

And before anybody picks me up for being homophobic and dealing in rash stereotyping, may I just point out that Iā€™m probably a closet homosexual myself, being a reverend anā€™ all.

Aww, itā€™s totally filled with subtext. If I remember good, thereā€™s a fighting scene in which they end laying side by side andā€¦ ;D

Claudioā€™s hot. Despite the mascara. He was so sexyā€¦ the poor thing.

I just watched it (3rd attempt but not the movieā€™s fault) and I agree it is an excellent western. Garko is top notch as is Gamasio the revenge seeking bandit. Though his eye makeup is over the top. This will definitely be making its way into my top 40 and most likely top 20.