SWDb Spaghetti Western Hall of Fame

where is horst frank friends??? i don’t see him anywhere :-\

And where the hell have you been when Horst needed your vote
but don’t worry, Horst was top vote getter this round
anyway, welcome back sartana1968

[quote=“tomas, post:762, topic:2068”]And where the hell have you been when Horst needed your vote
but don’t worry, Horst was top vote getter this round
anyway, welcome back sartana1968[/quote]
;D ;D ;D

did i say something funny?

nop! 8)

that was probably no …

anyway then i assume it had to be the holy puryfying laughter of colleague reunion

After all this happened this year: 16 out of 26 candidates received one or zero votes (2 out of 15 voters expressed only a preference, in both cases for Vari). Raising to five preferences for each member (given that 5 will be the inductees) there would be at least 26 additional votes!

Yes! Thanks for illustrating my point JC, as well as showing me that raising the number of votes per member to 5 will at least in part, nullify the problem of too many nominees.

How about this guys, next year, 5 votes, 2 nominees?

Sounds good to me, Col.

Sounds a plan…

I love democracy lol.

I hate it:

Composer
Guido and Maurizio De Angelis
December 22, 1944- and February 22, 1947- (Rocca di Papa, Italy)
The De Angelis brothers were dominant figures in the world of Spaghetti Western soundtrack composing during the genre’s waning years. Their musical careers started in the early 60s as arrangers for the Italian branch of RCA records. They went on to composed the scores for 11 Euro- Westerns of the 70s, including Trinity is Still My Name (1971), Zorro (1975), Man of the East (1972), Chino aka Valdez Horses (1971), The White, the Yellow and the Black (1975), Cipolla Colt (1971). The duo gained particular notoriety for composing two late-era Spaghetti Westerns, Keoma (1976) and Mannaja: A Man Called Blade (1977). The two soundtracks remain highly polarizing among fans to this day because of their moody, atmospheric quality combined with highly unorthodox vocal arrangements. It is for this reason that the siblings have become as synonymous with the “Twilight Spaghetti Western” as the films themselves. Outside of the Spaghetti Western genre, the duo gained fame in Italy as prolific musicians under the name “Oliver Onions”, even scoring a number one hit single in Germany, “Santa Maria”. Together, they have composed scores for nearly 200 film and television productions including many Terence Hill and Bud Spencer comedies such as Watch Out, We’re Mad! (1974), as well as many Sergio Martino directed films such as Torso (1973).
Year of Induction: 2013

Director
Joaquín Luis Romero Marchent
August 26, 1921 (Madrid, Spain) - August 16, 2012 (Madrid)
Regarded by many as the greatest Euro-western director to come out of Spain, Marchent directed 12 Westerns (writing five of them), and either wrote or co-wrote four more. Marchent was born into a cinematic family, as his father and his three siblings were all involved in the film making business. His first directorial effort was a crime drama, Court of Justice (1953), which won an award for direction in Spain. From 1955 to 1964, Marchent directed five “pre-Leone” westerns, the most famous of these being The Hour of Death aka Seven Guns from Texas (1964). His pioneering work in early Spanish westerns played a part in paving the way for other Spanish filmmakers and Spanish actors during the Spaghetti Western craze soon after, many of which were Spanish/Italian co-productions. He wrote and directed Sons of Vengeance aka Three Ruthless Ones (1966). In addition, he also co-wrote Garringo aka Dead are Countless (1969) and Sartana Kills Them All (1970). In 1972, at a time when the Spaghetti Western market was dominated by comedies, Marchent went against the trend, wrote, and directed his most famous western, Cut-Throats 9, a brutally violent and unapologetically bleak western. His final western was Revenge of the Black Wolf (1981), marking a 26 year span in which he directed westerns. Outside of the western genre, he was the primary director for the popular Spanish television series, Curro Jiménez (1976-78).

Never knew about Revenge of the Black Wolf, cheers.

Director
Giuseppe Vari aka Joseph Warren
June 5, 1916 or March 9, 1924 (Italy)- October 1, 1993 (Italy)
Vari directed seven Spaghetti Westerns, several of which are considered “forgotten gems” of the genre. He first gained prominence as a film editor, helping to edit Federico Fellini’s Il Bidone (1955). Vari would later put these skills to good use during the postproduction phase of his films, editing nearly all of the films he directed. Vari turned his attention to directing Spaghetti Westerns during the golden age of the genre under the anglicized pseudonym of “Joseph Warren”. His best-known Spaghetti Western is Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead aka Renegade Gun (1971), starring Klaus Kinski, which atypically focused more on mystery and tension than on action. He also directed Django the Last Killer (1967) and A Hole in the Forehead (1968). Two of Vari’s westerns, Degueyo (1966) and Poker with Pistols (1967) are considered lost favorites of the genre by rare film collectors, due to their current unavailability on home video. Outside of the Spaghetti Western genre, Vari’s best known directorial effort is Sister Emanuelle (1977). He also served as a second unit director of the Emmy nominated Christopher Columbus television mini-series in 1985.

Nice. Hope you’ll find his photo as well, maybe some will be included in the oncoming Shoot The Living DVD release by Koch Media. I think I’ll buy it, although my old cope is in perfect condition.

Supporting Actor
Horst Frank
May 28, 1929 (Lubeck, Germany) - May 25, 1999 (Heidelberg)
The most famous of all German Spaghetti Western actors, Frank relished in playing cunning and deplorable, yet stately villains. Frank first became acquainted with the western genre when he appeared in several “pre-Leone” German-made westerns. He also played the lead villain in the pre-Leone Italian western, Bullets Don’t Argue (1964). His most famous roles were still to come however, as he would play the lead villain in such notable Spaghetti Westerns as Django, Prepare a Coffin aka Viva Django (1968), Johnny Hamlet (1968), Hate thy Neighbor (1968), The Moment to Kill (1968) and the Grand Duel (1972). He appeared in twelve Euro-westerns in all. Outside of the western genre, he achieved a gained of fame in Germany, appearing in over 160 film and television productions in a career spanning nearly 50 years. He had supporting roles and occasional lead roles in a variety of films ranging from gialli to World War II films, including The Cat o’ Nine Tails (1971), Les Tontons Flingueurs aka Monsieur Gangster (1963), Marquis de Sade: Justine (1969), The Vengeance of Fu Manchu (1967), Stalingrad: Dogs, Do You Want to Live Forever? (1959), The Dead Are Alive aka The Etruscan Kills Again (1972), Catherine the Great (1996 TV) and the Head (1959). He also played the villainous Baron de Lefouet in the popular German television series, Timm Thaler (1979).

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:778, topic:2068”]Horst Frank
May 28, 1929 (Lubeck, Germany) - May 25, 1999 (Heidelberg)
The most famous of all German Spaghetti Western actors, Frank relished in playing cunning and deplorable, yet stately villains. Frank first became acquainted with the western genre when he appeared in several “pre-Leone” German-made westerns. He also played the lead villain in the pre-Leone Italian western, Bullets Don’t Argue (1964). His most famous roles were still to come however, as he would play the lead villain in such notable Spaghetti Westerns as Django, Prepare a Coffin aka Viva Django (1968), Johnny Hamlet (1968), Hate thy Neighbor (1968), The Moment to Kill (1968) and the Grand Duel (1972). He appeared in twelve Euro-westerns in all. Outside of the western genre, he became quite famous in Germany, appearing in over 160 film and television productions in a career spanning nearly 50 years. He had supporting roles and occasional lead roles in a variety of films ranging from gialli to World War II films, including The Cat o’ Nine Tails (1971), Les Tontons Flingueurs aka Monsieur Gangster (1963), Marquis de Sade: Justine (1969), The Vengeance of Fu Manchu (1967), Stalingrad: Dogs, Do You Want to Live Forever? (1959), The Dead Are Alive aka The Etruscan Kills Again (1972), Catherine the Great (1996 TV) and the Head (1959). He also played the lead villain in the popular German television series, Timm Thaler (1979).[/quote]
horst frank my favourite

Those are some nice induction write ups, Col. :smiley: