SWDb Spaghetti Western Hall of Fame

Thanks alot RamonRed! I’ll have Spencer and Lardani up soon.

Miscellaneous Crew
Iginio Lardani
d. 1986
One of the distinguishing features of the Spaghetti Western is undoubtedly the memorable opening title sequences that begin many of the films in the genre. Lardani, often affectionately referred to as “Gigi”, and sometimes mistakenly called “Eugenio”, designed such credits sequences for several of the most famous Spaghetti Westerns ever made. Remarkably, Lardani was completely self-trained in his craft, having never attended an art or design school. He created movie trailers and designed movie posters for numerous films. Counted among his designs was the Italian poster for the classic American western, High Noon (1952). It is his opening title sequences, many of which used an animation technique known as “rotoscoping”, which garnered Lardani the most acclaim. He created unforgettable opening sequences for all three films in Sergio Leone’s “Dollars Trilogy”, as well as Face to Face (1967), Run Man Run (1968), The Mercenary (1969) and Tepepa (1969). He also created opening title sequences for many films outside of the Spaghetti Western genre, including Casanova 70 (1965), Il Compagno Don Camillo (1965), Queimada (1969), and A Special Day (1977). Unfortunately, a complete list of films that he created title sequences for is unknown. His son Alberto (d. 2010) followed in his father’s footsteps, and created the title sequence for Stealing Beauty (1996).
Year of Induction: 2013

Col. can I just add my thanks to ya, for going to the trouble of writing these summaries.
As somebody who’s far to lazy to contextualize these guys for himself, it’s great to read these and get these overviews.
I may yet learn summat - cheers! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:783, topic:2068”]Col. can I just add my thanks to ya, for going to the trouble of writing these summaries.
As somebody who’s far to lazy to contextualize these guys for himself, it’s great to read these and get these overviews.
I may yet learn summat - cheers! :)[/quote]

Add me to that, Len. Your work is much appreciated.

Thanks for the props fellas. I just need to finish Bud Spencer’s bio and than upload the wanted posters to a storage site and hopefully someone could put them on for me.

It was a great feeling to get a thanks from Robert Woods when I presented him his Hall of Fame wanted poster on facebook. But I didn’t have the heart to tell him that I hated El Puro LOL.

How can you hate El Puro? It’s probably Woods best Spaghetti IMO, and the score is pretty good too. :o

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:785, topic:2068”]Thanks for the props fellas. I just need to finish Bud Spencer’s bio and than upload the wanted posters to a storage site and hopefully someone could put them on for me.

It was a great feeling to get a thanks from Robert Woods when I presented him his Hall of Fame wanted poster on facebook. But I didn’t have the heart to tell him that I hated El Puro LOL.[/quote]

You could have complimented him for his Fid-work instead.

Bud Spencer
October 31, 1929 (Naples, Italy)-
Born Carlo Pedersoli, he parlayed his hulking figure into a hugely successful acting career, starring in twelve Italian Westerns, six of them with long time associate Terence Hill. As a swimmer, he represented Italy in the 1952 and 1956 Olympics, reaching the semi-finals in the 100m freestyle in both games. He also won an Italian championship in 1954 as a water polo player. Initially, he had a small uncredited appearance in Quo Vadis (1951). He later changed his name to Bud Spencer, using a combination of Budweiser bear and Spencer Tracy. Together with Terence Hill, he starred in a series of international smash hits, including the three films in Giuseppe Colizzi’s “Cat Stevens trilogy” as well as the famous role of “Bambino” in Enzo Barboni aka E.B. Clucher’s “Trinity” duology. Spencer’s unchanging persona of the gruff, fist-fighting brute with a heart of gold appealed to audiences so enormously that he was able to achieve on-screen success even without his long time partner in westerns such as The Five Man Army (1969), Buddy Goes West (1981) and Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die (1968). Outside of the western genre, he continued to co-star with Terence Hill in a number of successful comedies such as Watch Out, We’re Mad (1974), Crime Busters (1977) and A Friend is a Treasure (1981). A true renaissance man, he has earned a law degree, registered several patents, became a certified commercial airline and helicopter pilot, founded the Spencer Scholarship fund, owned several businesses, worked at the Italian Embassy in Brazil, and even ventured a brief foray into Italian politics.
Year of Induction: 2013

Wow! That Bud Spencer really gets around! ;D Nice one Col. Very informative.

I just watched ”Death does not count the dollars” on the new DVD from the Koch media westerns unchained collection and then it struck me why is Mark Damon not in the SW hall of fame?
He has a strong screen presence and he has played the lead or a leading role in 10 SW’s according to the database.
So he should at least be qualified in the supporting actor’s category.

I have added the bios for this year’s inductees to the page:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/SWDB_Hall_of_Fame

Can someone please help me with the following:

1. I need someone to “link” all the entries that haven’t been linked up for movie titles and such.
  2. If possible can we change the background? The wood design makes the words hard to read when you’re logged in.
  3. Can we split the page into separate smaller pages by category? Fitting everything on one page is way too much.
  4. Can somebody post the wanted posters for all the entries that don’t have them? I have uploaded all the images to imagebam, please PM me for the links.
  5. Can someone erase “The inaugural class for 2010 have been announced.” at the top?

Thanks and much appreciated!!!

Done.

Anthony Ghidra, Richard Harrison, Robert Woods, Peter Martell, Diana Lorys, Rada Rassimov, Romolo Guerrieri, Joaquin Luis Romero Marchent, Edoardo Mulargia, Guido & Maurizio De Angelis, Gianni Ferrio were correctly linked but their names appeared in red instead of blue; I’ve fixed that too.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

“Wanted” posters are ready.

Thanks everybody who helped. Two more things still need addressing:

1. Movie names should link to their respective SWDB entry page.
  2. Lets try to separate the page into several smaller sections according to category.

Just had a wee look there - great stuff!

A very big thank you to Carlos for fixing up the SWDB Hall of Fame Page!

Very nicely done! Much appreciated for all the hard work you put in.

Check it out!!!

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/SWDB_Hall_of_Fame

Excellent stuff!
This looks really good now I think and is a much more effective format to showcase the inductees as well as all the great work Len has done to make it happen every year.
Well done to all concerned.

A big thanks to Mickey13, Jonathan Corbett and Carlos for helping me out on this.

Excellent! The SWDB Hall of Frame is now a real thing of beauty! Great work Col. for keeping the show on the road!