SWDb Spaghetti Western Hall of Fame

Just an idea that came to my head. We can have a hall of fame. We can nominate and vote who gets in it can be done annually or bi annually. The inductees can be put into theses categories:

Actors:
Actresses:
Directors:
Composers:
Other Crew (Cinematographers, stuntmen, producers etc…)
Observers/Historians ( I personally nominate Tom Betts, Quentin Tarantino, Christopher
Frayling, and Seb!!)

We can have a hall of fame page on the database with each inductee having their own “plaque”.

How about it?

Sounds like a good idea. Joaquín Luis Romero Marchent should have a special note as he was one of the first director of Spanish Westerns, as well as the director of Cut Throats Nine. His brother Rafael gets a note also.

I think it’s an excellent idea. You could do it each year.

Feel free to add your input about how this should be done.

I think there can be 10 inductees each year for each category, although because this will be the first year we can double that number. We can do the voting until the end of december and than reveal the inductees in January. So the first class of inductees will be for 2010.

Feel free to nominate anybody you feel is deserving but at least try to be as objective as possible. For example, you might love the films of fidani, but I think most people would generally believe that Leone and Corbucci deserve to be inducted before fidani (extreme example I know LOL).

I think there should be a stated list of criteria for who belongs in the hall of fame. Nominating someone just because “I like him” is not good enough. You have to make an arguement for his contributions to the genre and why he deserves it over someone else.

Like in the baseball hall of fame or the hockey hall of fame, only the “top” players get inducted. “Average” players don’t make the cut. So keep in mind that when we induct people, we are inducting the creme de la creme of the genre. Thats what a hall of fame is all about.
Well thats my bit, anybody else have any suggestions?

Well, Leone and Morricone should be in there, of course. How about Tonino Delli Colli for his brilliant photography for “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”?

Tito Carpi should be there too.

You sould have catorgries for these:

Producer

Director

Actor

Actress

Music

Photography

Editing.

Yeah okay cool. I think there are some people who are shoe ins for the hall of fame that don’t even require a vote. Sergio Leone and Clint Eastwood comes to mind. Here’s the categories so far:

Actors
Actresses
Directors
Producers
Composers
Cinematography
Writers
Editors
Historians/Observers

I think all members should be PM’d a ballot where they can nominate 5 from each category. The 10 in each category with the most votes gets inducted. How’s that?

I think I’ll PM all of the frequent members here about it. Of course I need permission from Seb and the staff if we are actually gonna go through with this.

Clint only made three SWs so I’m not so sure… but I think he should be in there.

Well in his case quality beats quantity. His name along with Leone is pretty much synonymous with the genre. I guess Franco Nero and Sergio Corbucci would be virtual sureshots as well.

Valerii prehaps? And Van Cleef is of course in too.

Don’t forget the fabulous (and notorious) Kinski. Almost the opposite off Eastwood. Known more for his…well…just being HIM than for his SW contribution.

There are three names that will forever be identified with the genre, and the genre will forever be identified with three names:

Leone - Eastwood - Morricone - Eastwood - Morricone - Leone - Morricone - Eastwood - Leone - Sergio, Clint & Ennio

Every book, every article on the genre will start with these three names, and circle around them almost constantly, they’re the Father, Son and Holy Ghost of the genre

Then come Van Cleef, Corbucci and Nero
They’re still in a class of their own

Then Sollima, Kinski, Gemma, Spencer&Hill, Garko, De Masi, Sancho, Chuck, Henry, Claudia, Delle Colli & all essential collaborators of Leone

Then all others (including the women)

Then the authors (Frayling, Hughes, Giusti, Giré)

And in the end we come (no pun intented), Tom & Seb first (and let’s not forget Shobary), then the others, and the rest is Silence …

I think it’s a great idea having a Hall of Fame. Get Seb’s permission, and I would be only too happy to vote. The catorgeries cover just about all the important aspects.

And let’s not forget Weisser :D. The rest is Silence…

Actors: Giuliano Gemma (first Italian born SW star)

Actresses: Claudia Cardinale (first female lead in a SW)

Directors: Sergio Leone (first successful SW director)

Producers: ?

Composers: Ennio Morricone (creator of the Spaghetti sound)

Cinematography: Massimo Dallamo

Writers:

Editors:

Historians/Observers: Quentin Tarantino (helping popularize SW in American cinema)

Let’s get the obvious one’s out of the way first.

[quote=“korano, post:16, topic:2068”]Producers: ?

Writers:

Editors:[/quote]
Producers: Arrigo Colombo and Georgio Papi (for letting Sergio Leone make "A Fistful of Dollars, the first true Spaghetti Western).

Writers: Luciano Vincenzoni (for penning the greatest Spaghetto of them all, "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly).

Editing: Eugenio Alabiso and Nino Baragli (for editing “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” into the great movie it is).

Sounds good to me

Alberto Grimaldi for Producer as well.

Maybe we can devide the actors category into two, leading men and supporting actors. So people like Lorenzo Robledo and Benito stefannelli will get a chance to be inducted as well.

At the moment the whole thing is looking like this:

Actors: Clint Eastwood
Actresses: Claudia Cardinale
Directors: Sergio Leone
Producers: Arrigo Colombo and Georgio Papi
Composers: Ennio Morricone
Cinematography: Tonino Delli Colli
Writers: Luciano Vincenzoni
Editors: Eugenio Alabiso and Nino Baragli
Historians/Observers: Quentin Tarantino