Quentin Tarantino fans

If you have gathered considerable experience in the Spaghetti Western Database and you are also a Tarantino fan, or you would like to work with Tarantino material, think about helping out at the Tarantino Archives wiki as well

https://wiki.tarantino.info

is looking for wiki editors!!

no need to apply, sign up for tarantino.info’s forums and then log in and work away

While speaking of Tarantino, has anyone seen Death Proof yet? I’ve read some contradictory reviews so far.

Yeah I’ve seen it and it’s GREEEAT. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking that the majority of people who don’t like it aren’t true QT fans.

[quote=“The Gun, post:3, topic:613”]Yeah I’ve seen it and it’s GREEEAT. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking that the majority of people who don’t like it aren’t true QT fans.[/quote]

Or perhaps the majority of the people who don’t like it have seen REAL grindhouse movies.

Im a Quentin Tarantino fan but I didnt really like Death Proof all that much. It had its good parts but it could have been better i might change my mind once i see it again.

I’ve seen REAL grindhouse movies and I still liked Death Proof.

grindhouse was awesome, i watched it 5 times or so in theaters.

but see my first post here, to get this back on topic :slight_smile: the tarantino wiki really needs lots of work, so if any of you is interested to apply the knowledge or editing experience, feel free to do so

Well i havent seen grindhouse,but i think tarintino’s hit and miss. kill bill is one of the best movies in yrs,pulp fiction is great the others are average imo.i also think rodriquez is the same ,but sin city blew me away.

Speaking of Tarantino…I’m very curious about how the new Japanese western film that he’s starring in will come out.

[quote=“BillCarson, post:9, topic:613”]Speaking of Tarantino…I’m very curious about how the new Japanese western film that he’s starring in will come out.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0906665/[/quote]
Takashi Miike made some excellent movies, so I have faith in this. But… Tarantino as Ringo? Hahahaha. That guy should stick to directing. He’s gotta be one of the worst actors I’ve ever seen. Not as bad as Jack Black, but still…

latest news on Inglorious Bastards on the Frontpage of www.tarantino.info

[quote=“BillCarson, post:9, topic:613”]Speaking of Tarantino…I’m very curious about how the new Japanese western film that he’s starring in will come out.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0906665/[/quote]

With the exception of a few scenes, it was abysmal.

Me and my brother both like Tarantino. Him a little bit more than me but he is definetly very entertaining.

[quote=“The Gun, post:6, topic:613”]I’ve seen REAL grindhouse movies and I still liked Death Proof.[/quote]How does it compare to REAL Grindhouse films?

Exploitation? Not even close.
Most exploitation films (which is pretty broad… think extreme Horror/crime/sex/race movies and you’d get the idea), that eventually were shown at Grindhouse theatres, were made on shoestring budgets and usually with a cast of complete nobodies.
Tarantino and Rodriguez made each of their films for several million dollars using top stars of today.
Kinda defeats the purpose don’t it?

The best thing about the movie were the fake trailers.
Rodriguez’s PLANET TERROR was fun but brought nothing new to the table and Tarantino’s movie was awful.
The dialogue felt like it was somebody trying to be Tarantino and not QT himself.
The car chase was good but nothing to write home about.

Exactly, or maybe… just maybe now… the film was shit.

u think so? considering it was made old school without all that computer effects crap it’s pretty much the most exciting car chase on film in a loooong time. or can you think of a better one?

I respect his descition against CGI

I can agree there but that still doesn’t make it remarkable when stacked up to the greats like “Bullit” and “French Connection”.

Even trashy films had better car chases… see “Blazing Magnums” or “Special Cop In Action” (Tarantino even lifts a segment of this movie’s car chase for his car chase. Where is the credit?).

A lot of critics cited the “Death Proof” car chase as “the best”, hogwash.

it’s still great, and it’s an entertaining flick. you’d be lying if you told me you didn’t have fun watching it. they didn’t set out to make the greatest film ever, they wanted to bring some drive-in spirit back and let people have fun at the movies, where you’re regularly being tortured by mainstream hollywood horseshit

1 Like