I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

I quite like the original bit I haven’t watched any of the sequels since I was a kid. I bought the set very cheap and thought it would be fun to give the series a re-watch. I just finished all the Friday the 13th films and enjoyed most of them and hopefully I’ll feel the same about the Nightmare sequels.

Yeah, it’s hard to beat the original.

I like a few of the sequels. I’ve really come to admire FREDDY’S REVENGE over the years. Initially, I despised it. Then, for whatever reason, time eroded and I found myself digging it.

I hope you have fun revisiting them! :slight_smile:

Did you get the DVD or Blu Ray? The only version here in the States is a really shitty fullscreen version from Hen’s Tooth, which I’m looking to upgrade once I get an all-region Blu-Ray player. Anybody know what the best version is for Cross of Iron?

Henstooth also has a special edition DVD that non-anamorphic widescreen.

Oh! Wow, I missed out on that ;D Well, I found a DVDbeaver comparison for 5 different versions, and I’m gonna wait and get the Optimum Blu-Ray :stuck_out_tongue:

I also really like part 2, maybe the best of all the sequels. Sometime around halloween, I posted about these films in the horror thread. There’s a great, really long (3-4 hours) documentary on the films which is probably included in that boxset and its also on Netflix/Hulu.

Plan on picking up that boxset myself at some point. The price on Amazon sometimes goes down below $20

There’s a lovely British DVD which I have bought is widescreen, and a great print too. I think its fully uncut too, and only cost me 4 quid to order.

Well, the British bluray is only $17 on ebay, only thing I’m worried about is the shipping, since it’s all the way over in Australia :-\

Yikes! Thats probably going to cost more to ship than the actual Blu Ray. Last time I ordered films from Australia, it cost me 18 dollars, plus another 9 when I had to pick it up at the post office. Ridiculous.

Well, guess I’ll have to see if I can find one in the UK then :stuck_out_tongue:

Cannibal Ferox dvd (Another World Entertainment)

There's a great, really long (3-4 hours) documentary on the films which is probably included in that boxset and its also on Netflix/Hulu.

I believe you’re speaking of NEVER SLEEP AGAIN. I’ve seen the majority of it, and if you’re a Freddy fan, it’s a must! I just wish the same treatment had been given the F13 series. There’s a nifty documentary available for it, but it pales to the NOES release.

Just went to HMV and got the lord of the rings extended editions on blu ray (just the individual editions with the films, not the big ass box set, already have the special features on the dvds, was way cheaper) and Big Trouble in Little China on blu ray. Looked for The Thing (1982) but they had sold it since I was last there.

Can you believe I’m such a BIG Carpy fan and don’t like BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA? It’s blasphemy, I know, but it does nothing for me. I’ve tried and tried, but… great soundtrack, though.

Can you believe I'm such a BIG Carpy fan and don't like BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA? It's blasphemy, I know, but it does nothing for me. I've tried and tried, but... great soundtrack, though.

Yep, you can always count on JC for a great soundtrack if nothing else.

I do enjoy his soundtrack work

Well, as I mentioned in the Italian Crime thread I got a couple records, Mondo Cane and Star Wars soundtracks, but still have no player ::). Plan on getting that soon. Anyways, I also got a -ton- of VHS tapes from a friend. Some I decided to keep, but I’ve still got a bunch that I plan on donating to my local library ;D Oh! Also got a few older game systems, a Nintendo 64 and Gamecube, and a Sega Dreamcast :smiley:

Have been playing some older games lately myself, but actually just sold off all my old consoles and game carts. Recently bought a Wii for a low price, hacked it, and installed several emulators on it so I can play roms for NES, SNES, Sega, Arcade, and even old computer games. Its pretty fun… the one box can play basically any old game one would want to play, all stored on a usb or SD drive.

I still have a modded xbox (original) with every nes game ever made on it plus several snes games and even some N64 and gameboy.

Picked up Terminator and Apocalypse Now on blu ray today.

Oh cool! I’m really excited about the Dreamcast though, wanna see if I can find people to play Quake 3 Arena on it (cause apparently you can do that still)