I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Revolver and Grand Slam (Blue-Underground edition). Revolver is the best Italian crime film I have seen this far, its absolutly brilliant in any way. I have not watched Grand Slam yet.

3 Likes

Has anybody got the x-rated dvd of SCALPS, i have never seen this late (1987) Bruno Mattei western :slight_smile:

is it any good cos the majority of Mattei films are shit

I have not seen the X Rated Version.

I have seen the film a few years ago when I had a greek VHS to the film.

Its quite violent I suppose (but I am immune to alot of it now I think), and grusome.

It was not bad, and I will probably like to see again in a DVD version, but I just can not put my finger on it, but I thought the film was lacking something.
Sometimes it did not seem to have that spaghetti feel to it, but it is a very late entry in the spaghetti cycle though, and Mattei is not the best of director like you say.

The music was below par.

Some Euro-cult:
Jesus Franco: Venus in Furs
Carnimeo: Secrets of a Call Girl

I also ordered film/documentary called Koyaanisqatsi. Anyone seen it?

Koyaanisqatsi… is err… interesting.

Watch with an open mind and you should enjoy it.

Well, I loved Herzog’s Fata Morgana (amazing film!) and Lessons of Darkness. I don’t know if Koyaanisqatsi can be compared to those but that’s something I’m expecting from what I’ve read about it.

X-rateds Ringo, Face of Revenge. A good solid SW, nice transfer. One thing I noticed was that all the characters kept changing from right handed to left and back again. Obviously whoever edited the original film stock put some lengths of film in the wrong way around!

1 Like

I remember this, it’s all music (Philip Glass) with lots of time-lapse photography about the environment, very experimental and was big news in the 80’s.

I am thinking of buying Viboras cambian de piel, Las (René Cardona Jr. 1974) GUNS AND GUTS - VCI DVD, does anyone recommend it and consider it SW in style?

[quote=“R-T-C Tim, post:5, topic:496”]Koyaanisqatsi… is err… interesting.

Watch with an open mind and you should enjoy it.[/quote]
This is THE movie to watch when you’re too drunk to follow a movie’s plot. Great stuff. Just don’t watch Naqoiqatsi, which is a piece of crap.

Koyaanisqatsi was quite an experience. Probably good film to watch with some grass ;). I bought it with sequel Powaqqatsi but I haven’t watched it yet.

i have the soundtrack lp on ebay at the moment if anyone is interested

Well, i just bought a bunch of westerns, but also La Vittima Designata (starring Tomas Milian and Pierre Clementi). Haven’t watched it yet but i gather it’s a kind of variation on “Strangers On A Train”. Should be interesting anyway.

Does it have any English on it as the new Italian dvd does not state it (or is there another release)

i do have it on video but would like to upgrade.

i won’t give it away and tell you what it’s about.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:14, topic:496”]Does it have any English on it as the new Italian dvd does not state it (or is there another release)

i do have it on video but would like to upgrade.

i won’t give it away and tell you what it’s about.[/quote]

This dvd is Italian audio only, from Surf Video. (i have a couple of theirs and they are all Italian only). Don’t know if there are any other versions available, but i vaguely remember something about a German company possibly releasing it soon, with an English soundtrack included…mind you, this was on a forum that i accidentally came across and may have just been heresay…

Oh…and thanks for not giving the plot away! :wink:

Perversion Story (A.K.A ONE ON TOP OF THE OTHER) directed by Mr.Fulci.

I’ve heard this is a good film. The title tends to throw me though as i have a pretty bad thriller starring Brett Halsey with the same title!

I know what you mean with the different titles to films.

Its one I have been wanting to see for a while, so I thought why not!

[quote=“Silver, post:15, topic:496”]This dvd is Italian audio only, from Surf Video. (i have a couple of theirs and they are all Italian only). Don’t know if there are any other versions available, but i vaguely remember something about a German company possibly releasing it soon, with an English soundtrack included…mind you, this was on a forum that i accidentally came across and may have just been heresay…

Oh…and thanks for not giving the plot away! ;)[/quote]

it has been released in Germany with a choice of 3 covers!

and it has English language too.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:19, topic:496”]it has been released in Germany with a choice of 3 covers!

and it has English language too.[/quote]

Yeah…just noticed that when i was on the Xploited Cinema site last week. Dammit! But that’s me…always in too much of a rush to get things…