Zorro

I wonder if anyone in here has the french MGM version of Zorro, starring Alain Delon by Duccio Tessari.
For some reason this movie can only be bought from Amazon.fr, but its unavalible for the time being.
It’s possible to get several versions of this film from Amazon.com, Amazon.uk and others but they are all cut to pieces.
The French version from MGM witch has english dubbing and subtitles run 118 minutes, those crappy versions from amazon.uk and others only run 88-90 minutes.

[quote=“Dorado, post:1, topic:487”]I wonder if anyone in here has the french MGM version of Zorro, starring Alain Delon by Duccio Tessari.
For some reason this movie can only be bought from Amazon.fr, but its unavalible for the time being.
It’s possible to get several versions of this film from Amazon.com, Amazon.uk and others but they are all cut to pieces.
The French version from MGM witch has english dubbing and subtitles run 118 minutes, those crappy versions from amazon.uk and others only run 88-90 minutes.[/quote]
i’ve always wanted to see this film, i know it’s a diffrent genre but Delon and Tessari teamed up on an excellent crime film “TONY ARZENTA” a.k.a. “BIG GUNS”, well worth a watch.

Just found and ordered a cheap Region1 version that claims to run 120 minutes. I have a feeling that this is a copy of an old VHS tape though.

Exit in Greece in italian language with greek subtitles. DVD outs with a newsmagazine. I dont’t know anymore.

Italian produced Zorro-movies are also considered spaghettis I think. How many were there made? Has anybody seen any of them?

This is not completely right, but almost. They also have to take place in America or Mexico, not - as some Zorro movie’s - in Spain.

heres a list of zorro movies with italian production:
Ah sì? E io lo dico a Zzzzorro! (1976)
Figlio di Zorro, Il (1974)
Legend of Zorro, The (1991) (TV)
Nipoti di Zorro, I (1968)
Ombra di Zorro, L’ (1962)
Segno di Zorro, Il (1963)
Sogno di Zorro, Il (1952)
Sogno di Zorro, Il (1975)
Tre spade di Zorro, Le (1963)
Zorro (1975/I)
Zorro alla corte d’Inghilterra (1969)
Zorro alla corte di Spagna (1962)
Zorro cabalga otra vez, El (1965)
Zorro contro Maciste (1963)
Zorro de Monterrey, El (1971)
Zorro e i tre moschiettieri (1963)
Zorro il cavaliere della vendetta (1971)
Zorro il ribelle (1966)
Zorro justiciero, El (1969)
Zorro marchese di Navarra (1969)
Zorro, El (1968)

ive only seen a few of these - there could be even more

I don’t really like Zorro…

Well I like Zorro, but don´t think it´s a really 100% western… Some times Zorro remindesme a very gay character with that black clothes and that ridiculous mostache… For a comedy that´s ok… but when it´s turn too serious… blah. : )

I just received the version of Zorro from passion productions. it did not run those 120 minutes it promised, but only 90 minutes as expected. The quality was decent, but it was obviously a copy of an old tape and not digitaly restored in any way.
The film in it self was pretty good, but i’m not that great a fan of comedies. If you like a good comedy and like Zorro though this film is recommended.

THE FULL VERSION of “Zorro”, restored and with a beautiful 16:9 print, exists -to my knowledge-, in German, Italian, Spanish and I’m sure French. It does not exists in English. The English version is a savagely cut piece that has been re-printed from the VHS release.

Although it has humor in it, this version of Zorro is as good as any in history and better than most and not a comedy at all (if there are, as in all versions, plenty of comic moments, the story is as serious as any other precedent of later versions).

I have the Italian and German versions and I’d like to have either the French of the Spanish too, so I’d be willing to exchange it (DVD-R format).

the full version of this movie does exist in english because i have it ,unfortunately it starts of in widescreen then goes fullscreen its a shame i personally thought it was a very good movie.

Well, we can the that solved quite easily: You provided the full soundtrack and I can try to synch it to the excellent widescreen versions that I have. You can send the file via e-mail… Let me know if you are interested.

I would definitely be interested in the result :slight_smile:

Sorry my friend but when stripped from the over 10 minutes of commercials, your version is reduced to just over 1 hour and 40 minutes while the original long version lasts 2:05:49. I’m trying to make a hybrid version with the Italian sound in the parts not covered by the English but I’m having difficulties with my editing program (Vegas 7) refusing to accept avi files (which as I remember, it used to open with no trouble). Otherwise it is impossible to do with Virtualdubmode since you have to identify and cut the parts where the English track has to let the Italian duplicated run. I’ll probably have to re-encode it as something else just to set the English/Italian track and then, when synched, possibly, add it as a new track in Virtualdub. I’ll keep you posted.

I have widescreen version, 125 min. copy of movie in avi format. Really good quality and matching Eng. subtitles. Unfortunatelly audio is in Italian.
I think that it could be a rip of Japanese DVD version of the movie. I believe, W/S version with 120+ min. running time was published only in Japan.
YESASIA is selling Japanese DVD (3w.yesasia.com). Info on the page doesn’t say about format, running time… I’ll try to get more specs over the e-mail.

English繁體中文简体中文日本語한국어
Product Title: ZORRO Digitally Remastered (Japan Version) 黑俠梭羅 Digitally Remastered (日本版) ZORRO Digitally Remastered (Japan Version) アラン・ドロンのゾロ (生産完了) ZORRO Digitally Remastered (Japan Version)
Artist Name(s): Alain Delon 阿倫狄龍 阿伦狄龙 アラン・ドロン | スタンリー・ベイカー | オッタヴィア・ピッコロ | ジャンカルロ・アルベルティーニ Alain Delon
Director: ドゥッチオ・テッサリ
Release Date: 2005-10-22
Publisher Product Code: KKDS-259
Country of Origin: Japan, France, Italy
Disc Format(s): DVD
Region Code: 2 - Japan, Europe, South Africa, Greenland and the Middle East (including Egypt) What is it?
Publisher: Imagica Entertainment
Shipment Unit: 1 What is it?
YesAsia Catalog No.: 1004060184

I’d love to see this one in a nice print in English (or mostly English), or even subtitled. The theme song is one of my all-time favorites (I first encountered it in Wes Anderson’s first, and best, film Bottle Rocket): - YouTube

The story of Zorro is set in California (when owned by Spain) and not Spain itself. Most Italian Zorro films are correct in setting it in California, and thus they are SWs, but this one sets it in South America.

Still doesn’t stop it from having a page on the SWDB: Zorro - The Spaghetti Western Database

[quote=“mark, post:7, topic:487”]heres a list of zorro movies with italian production:
Ah sì? E io lo dico a Zzzzorro! (1976)
Figlio di Zorro, Il (1974)
Legend of Zorro, The (1991) (TV)
Nipoti di Zorro, I (1968)
Ombra di Zorro, L’ (1962)
Segno di Zorro, Il (1963)
Sogno di Zorro, Il (1952)
Sogno di Zorro, Il (1975)
Tre spade di Zorro, Le (1963)
Zorro (1975/I)
Zorro alla corte d’Inghilterra (1969)
Zorro alla corte di Spagna (1962)
Zorro cabalga otra vez, El (1965)
Zorro contro Maciste (1963)
Zorro de Monterrey, El (1971)
Zorro e i tre moschiettieri (1963)
Zorro il cavaliere della vendetta (1971)
Zorro il ribelle (1966)
Zorro justiciero, El (1969)
Zorro marchese di Navarra (1969)
Zorro, El (1968)[/quote]

I had no idea there were so many. Are any of them very good?