Zanna bianca alla riscossa/White Fang to the Rescue

I wonder if this one is a SW?

The user comments on IMDb seems to suggest it is.

We have it (and the other Zanna Bianca films too) on the database. I have seen only the White Fang and the Gold Diggers myself. That was a pure western to me.

Database page: Zanna Bianca alla riscossa - The Spaghetti Western Database

it could be argued that this is not a western because it is in the snow, but if that’s the case you could say Great Silence isn’t a western.

I think it’s great with Maurizio Merli as the hero and Henry Silva hamming it up as the villain.

Lucio Fulci also did two of these with Franco Nero.

Sounds great :slight_smile:
It has a great cast so I will order it right away since it can be picked up for 1 ÂŁ on Amazon.uk

[quote=“Dorado, post:4, topic:583”]Sounds great :slight_smile:
It has a great cast so I will order it right away since it can be picked up for 1 ÂŁ on Amazon.uk[/quote]

Well, I have just ordered a copy because you cannot grumble for this price!

I always enjoy watching Henry Silva .

Agreed :wink:
Maurizio Merli, Henry Silva, Renzo Palmer, Gisela Hahn, Benito Stefanelli, Donald O’Brien and Luciano Rossi is in it.
At that price its hard to go wrong with that cast.

[quote=“Dorado, post:6, topic:583”]Agreed :wink:
Maurizio Merli, Henry Silva, Renzo Palmer, Gisela Hahn, Benito Stefanelli, Donald O’Brien and Luciano Rossi is in it.
At that price its hard to go wrong with that cast.[/quote]

Great cast like you say!

Thanks for informing us all of this great price anyway!

I just received this film.
The film is worth the price since its very cheap, the quality is very poor though it looks like a 7’th generation VHS tape.

[quote=“Dorado, post:8, topic:583”]I just received this film.
The film is worth the price since its very cheap, the quality is very poor though it looks like a 7’th generation VHS tape.[/quote]

Yes, I received mine the other day aswell, and agree about the quality.

Found a torrent and saw it today. It is directed by Tonino Ricci whom I consider to be one of the most untalented italian directors of all time. The film is mediocre at the very best and it’s probably his second most watchable one after RAGE. Basically until the last 15 minutes, nothing happens. The good cast doesn’t help much and the dialogue is almost inane. The plot never was among the strongest features in Ricci’s films - nothing changed here. I liked the locations in all Zanna Bianca films I’ve seen, but if I am to spend 90 minutes watching a film of which only positive thing is it’s locations then I’d rather watch a National Geographic documentary. Not recommended, below average and at times bordering on crap.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Zanna_Bianca_alla_riscossa

I personally think it’s good fun, even though it’s supposed to be family orientated I’d say it’s too strong for Kids. That fight with the bear was quite harrowing.

The two main leads did not make many Spaghetti westerns of course and I am a sucker for snow landscapes so I am in :slight_smile: .

There’s a similar fight in the 1st White Fang which is way more ferocious and bloodier than this.

I love mountainous snowy landscapes as well, but the film itself is hopeless. Merli and Silva aren’t doing much generally, it’s always nice to see them on screen of course, but the director doesn’t and probably is not able to make the best out of them.

This film’s page in the database has also been updated. Please contribute to make it more informative.