Your Next Western Buy

Just bought the Halleluja-Box from Koch Media at amazon.de. Looks like as this box will be sold out soon. :wink:

The cemetery Without Crosses I have my eyes on is a DVD-R on Ioffer or something. I forgot to add Stantonā€™s quote to this post.

[quote=ā€œBad Lieutenant, post:17, topic:1286ā€]I really donā€™t understand why people pay money for bootleg products. Then youā€™re better off bootlegging it yourself. All you would need to do is download, burn and get a cover to print. Itā€™s just as illegal, but a hell of a lot cheaper.

On topic: These matters are very subjective, so you might as well glance through peopleā€™s top 20ā€™s for recommendations.[/quote]I buy DVD-Rā€™s because Iā€™m not as much into movies as you guys and Iā€™m still a teenager so I canā€™t really invest in a multi region DVD just yet. But I try to get as much WE DVDā€™s as possible to support them. Donā€™t know how to make DVD-Rā€™s either.

I donā€™t know what the prices are in the States but in Denmark the cheapest dvd-players (which are all region free) cost around $40-$60 ā€¦ I canā€™t believe that such a player is more expensive where you liveā€¦ I remember when buying my first vhs-player some 17-18 years agoā€¦ Bought for what was then around $200 (would be $400 today) I think and that was cheap for such a player thenā€¦ Oh those were the times :slight_smile:

Well, Iā€™ve seen a region free DVD player for about $100. But, as I always have to say, I think Iā€™m the youngest member here and buying something for $100 is a major purchase. Iā€™ll get one eventually.

Hey amigo,
Iā€™ve purchased a couple region free players from this place: http://www.220-electronics.com/
I heard about them through xploited. I bought a couple of low end models and got away (with postage) for under $100 each . I know thatā€™s still a lot for you but check out it out and see if you can see anything that looks reasonable to you.

Romaine, You are a god send! Those prices knock off about $20 from the one I saw. Thank You! ;D

Youā€™re welcome. I joke sometimes in the forum that getting a region free player changed my life. But itā€™s trueā€¦:slight_smile:

Yeah. It will curtainly make viewing some of the better spaghettis possible. Also, this may seem a little off topic but whatdo the rankings here in the forum do? By rankings I meen the stars.

Beats me Korano. But at the rate youā€™re posting pretty soon youā€™re gonna have as many as Sebastian :wink:

OK, Iā€™ll save your day and give you a link to amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Coby-DVD-224-Compact-DVD-Player/dp/B000261N6M/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1221768228&sr=1-5

It costs $28 and if you scroll down on the page a bit you will see how you can make it region free using the remote.

$28 amigo ! Thatā€™s less than some movies cost ā€¦

[quote=ā€œRomaine Fielding, post:30, topic:1286ā€]Beats me Korano. But at the rate youā€™re posting pretty soon youā€™re gonna have as many as Sebastian ;)[/quote]I donā€™t know. Iā€™ve been examining this site many months before I joined. I tried to register before but my EMail didnā€™t work. The first day I was like a kid in a candy store.

There is candy here indeed. I was not being critical. I think it is great.

[quote=ā€œSĆøren, post:31, topic:1286ā€]OK, Iā€™ll save your day and give you a link to amazon.com:

It costs $28 and if you scroll down on the page a bit you will see how you can make it region free using the remote.

$28 amigo ! Thatā€™s less than some movies cost ā€¦[/quote]Thank you! You and Romaine are gods right now. It seems that every one on this forum is so nice.

Also, I have been looking at the To Kill a Jackal US DVD. Alternate titlefor Shootthe Living, Pray for the Dead. I was sceptical because US DVDā€™s of SPWā€™s have bad reputations because of over cutting. Is this one cut?

Oh God I hate that movie. I have the Koch Media version so I canā€™t speak to how th US version might be cut. But if they did it right they should have cut, say, about 90 minutes. Heehee.

What didnā€™t you like about it? I liked it but again, to each his own.

I had this conversation with Stanton a couple of days ago. Fact is, I canā€™t remember that much about it except the agony I felt in trying to see it through. I thought it was incredibly slowly paced with a disjointed storyline. I wish I could be more specific but I canā€™t. I seem to have repressed whatever memories I have. And, no, I was not drinking when I watched itā€¦:wink:

Well, I watched this one on my laptop and the laptop has a weird ability to change movies for better or worse. I first watched the Great Silence on one and didnā€™t like it. Now I love it. Anyway, I only watched this one onmylaptop and I didnā€™t mind the slow pace. I like it.

Maybe you should give this SW another try.
Iā€™m still surprised that you think itā€™s sooooo bad.