Your Favorite Movie of All Time

What is your favorite movie of all time? My favorite is The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. It is simply beautiful. Slow paced but the very strong plot made it very easy to watch. Great performances. Just a great film.

my all time favourite movie ( so far) is JAWS ;D

I cant pick one

Salo:120 Days of Sodom
Scarface
The good The bad and The Ugly
Nosferatu (Klaus Kinski)

Its really hard for me to name my favorite because its hard to compare films of various genres. I can only name my favorite in each genre:

Sci Fi: star trek first contact

Horror: Halloween

Western: For a few dollars more

Action: The last dragon

Comedy: trading places

Crime/Thriller: death wish or dirty harry

Sports: Rocky III

Yes, it is hard to name your favorite movie but I am pretty confident in my decision. Before I saw that movie, my favorite film was Gang’s of New York, which is still a very good film. I haven’t watched it in a year though.

Once upon a time in the west

If I were to pick a favorite from the movies I listed it would probably be For a Few dollars more.

I saw it for the first time when I was fourteen or fifteen years old, it was the chopped-up version, still I knew my cinematographic life would never be the same again

This was cinema, this was what dreams were made of

It was fantastic

Dr. Strangelove

Dark & apocalyptic. Searingly funny. Every performance is brilliant.

“You can’t fight in here, this is the War Room”

It’s kind of hard doing this kind of thing! Guess i’d have to go with Vanishing Point. It was my favourite film as a kid, and i’ve never really had another one since…

Driving Miss Daisy

The good the bad and the ugly

ROCKY I - ROCKY II - ROCKY III - ROCKY IV

Yep,the same here !

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:11, topic:1396”]Driving Miss Daisy[/quote]I was expecting a comment that one :smiley:

OUATITW withouta doubt, i see i’m not the only one.

Not only is it a great western it is a beautiful film.

I think we all expected you to expect that

I for one knew for you Once upon a time in the West was the one

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:15, topic:1396”]I was expecting a comment that one :smiley:

OUATITW withouta doubt, i see i’m not the only one.

Not only is it a great western it is a beautiful film.[/quote]

Driving Miss Daisy is a cool film and you don’t have to be ashamed about it? ;D

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly without a doubt (but the Mercenary and For a few Dollars came close ):wink:

My Top Three -

Citizen Kane
Casablanca
Withnail and I

Never heard of this Withnail film. What’s it?

Never heard of this Withnail film. What's it?

Withnail and I is comedy written/directed by Bruce Robinson (he directed the thriller Jennifer Eight) in 1987. Its about two out of work actors, Withnail played by Richard E Grant and I (known as Marwood in the screenplay but only ‘I’ in the film) played by Paul McGann, who live in Camden, London at the tailend of the sixties. They decide to go on a holiday in a cottage owned by Withnails Uncle Monty played by Richard Griffiths (Sleepy Hollow/Harry Potter). Once they get there it pisses down with rain all week, they have no food, they’re threatened by a poacher (Michael Elphick), chased by a bull and to cap it all off Uncle Monty arrives with the expectation of getting into bed with Marwood!

Its such a great movie! Hilarious and tragic at the same time. Richard E Grant, Paul McGann and Richard Griffiths are all incredible. As are Ralph Brown who plays a drug dealer Danny (creator of the legendary Camberwell Carrott - a really big spliff!) and Michael Elphick is great too as the poacher. Ive lost count on how many times Ive seen it now!