Your favorite movie genres

[quote=“Frank Talby, post:17, topic:1800”]Horror based on HP Lovecraft[/quote]What are your favorites? Have you seen the Call of Cthulhu, silent film?

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:20, topic:1800”]Euro crime
Giallo
Silent films
Art house
Classic horror (especially Vincent Price films)
Old comedies (Marx bros. Laurel & Hardy etc)[/quote]
Same for me. I love all those genres.

Nice Avatar change Silence!

Thanks, I hoped that someone would comment it!

Classic horror ( I have a soft spot for Hammer and Roger Corman),film noir,kung fu, SW, classic sci-fi. Not in any special order. By the by, I dig the avatar too!

Thanks! It seems like my new avatar have became popular, so I guess it was a good choice then ;).

Cut endead soul-less women, sounds like someone I know :wink:

Who is that?

Yes I have and I really enjoyed it.

My favorites in the HPL world:

In the Mouth of Madness - JC’s best work after The Thing
Dreams in the Witch-House (Masters of Horror episode)
Dagon
The Haunted Palace
The Darkness Beyond
Re-Animator (hardly close to HPL but still damn great entertainment)

I prefer the stories over the movies. I’ve yet to see a film that is a true adaptation of lovecraft that actually works, even though I do like Haunted palace and JC’s mouth of madness.

Could somone tell me what HP Lovecraft is?

American horror author Howard Philip Lovecraft,1890-1937, known mostly for his creation of outer world dieties (the Cthulhu Mythos) who drive men mad. His works were more atmospheric in nature than later horror. He influenced an entire generation of writers from Stephen King, Robert Bloch, and Robert Howard. A lot of his work has influenced numerous directors in using his style for their own: John Carpenter, Clive Barker, Guillermo Del Toro, and comic book artist Mike Mignola.

Funny, I was thinking of moving to Arkham :slight_smile:

I prefer Innsmouth :wink:

Anybody here went to Miskatonic U?

No, but I did go to Screw U :smiley:

sorry, couldn’t resist! :wink:

Silence, check out this book for starters.

[quote=“I…I…Idiot, post:37, topic:1800”]Silence, check out this book for starters.

[/quote]
Nice!

I have a ton of Lovecraft in print - I even have an original Weird Tales magazine.

I also have fond childhood memories of watching those old desert adventure movies. They aren’t an official genre but films like Lives of a Bengal Lancer, Lawrence of Arabia, and The Four Feathers all have the same flavor.