Your favorite Gemma western

Day of Anger and The Return of Ringo are different class. Absolutely fantastic films.

1 Like

I am stuck between choosing the best film that Giuliano Gemma is in or the film that GG himself is best in.

Anyway, I like Giuliano best in Arizona Colt so that is my pick, even though its probably not the best film.

My vote would go towards DAY OF ANGER. Excellent film.

Anybody has an idea to which Gemma spag this image belongs?

https://picclick.de/Leihbuch-Robert-M-Huxley-Die-Schlinge-ist-geknüpft-372396503391.html#&gid=1&pid=1

I don’t think that’s from a film at all. Looks more like a regular photo shoot to me. maybe for a magazine or something.

I also find ‘Arizona Colt’ to be his most entertaining - He somehow manages to play a character who’s cocky as hell and yet still likeable … that’s really rare.
There’s also a good mix of humour and some brutal violent action - It has a great supporting cast, fine photography and a belter theme song - What’s not to like! :grinning:

1 Like

I meant to add my list - here it is…

1 day of anger
2 The return of ringo
3 a pistol for ringo
4 California
5 Man from Nowhere (Arizona Colt)
6 One silver dollar
7 Long days of vengenace
8 Ben and Charlie
9 The price of power
10 And for a Roof a Sky Full of Stars
11 Wanted
12 Fort yuma gold
13 Adios Gringo
14 Silver saddle
15 The white the yellow and the black
16 Tex and the lord of the deep
17 Sundance and the kid

I’m writing minireviews about all westerns Giuliano appeared in and this is the first bundle:

I will need to watch this soon. Its been probably at least 10 years since I watched it last. I had just kind of lumped it in with the Ringo films which I never liked much. I still just have the DVD, maybe I need to upgrade for the next viewing

1 Like

I know where you can get a very nice copy ! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just got it :wink:

May watch tonight, but its Joe Bob Briggs on Shudder tonight so may have to wait till tomorrow

Hard choice there. I would say my top 5 are:
DAY OF ANGER
MAN FROM NOWHERE
PRICE OF POWER
A PISTOL FOR RINGO
ADIOS GRINGO

1 Like

Where?

(Arizona Colt, watching now)

“This gun shoots by itself, when I see a sheriff’s star… ha!” - has got to be one of the best spaghetti quotes ever. Fernando Sancho is a madman in this one

4 Likes

Ya gotta love, Fernando! … even more morally bankrupt than ‘Tuco’ :crazy_face:

but I’ve just been watching ‘Arriva Sabata’, and Eduardo Fajardo gives them both a run for it as a hilariously untrustworthy bandido sidekick to ‘the Steff’’ - same English voice actor who usually does Fernando Sancho … I’d give the guy an Oscar !

2 Likes

Could you imagine Sancho, Fajardo and Wallach all teaming up!!

That guy always makes me laugh - such a great voice.

2 Likes

Anyone know who the voice actor is ?

I watched ‘Django shoots first’ last year, and Fernando is voiced by someone else, which just seemed wrong :frowning:

1 Like

Is the English voice of Fernando Sancho in Arriva Sabata the same actor who does Eduardo Fajardo in Gentlemen Killer?