Yor favorite unintentional comedies

Keoma

Great film, but the bits that are meant to be moody & dramatic make me lol. The soundtrack helps too.

Flash Gordon - used to love it as a kid, watching it now it’s cheesy as fuck but fun.

But on a serious note Ornella has never looked hotter!

1. they call him hallelujah
  2. they call him cemetery
  3. budy goes west
  4. trinity is still my name
  5. ernest goes to jail
  6. dellamorte dellamore
  7. braindead
  8. high voltage
  9. three musketeers of the west
  10. rytern of stranger

any Japanese Godzilla movie

I’m pretty sure that most, if not all, of the movies you listed are intentional comedies, sartana1968.

Personally, my fave is the horror film 11:11. It’s not really so-bad-it’s-good, but every time I watch this movie with one of my best friend, we make fun of it so much that it suddenly becomes hilarious.

There are so many, but recently I laughed quite a bit at I Drink Your Blood and Enter The Ninja and I’m pretty sure I wasn’t supposed to.

Yea I agree about Sartana1968’s list most of which are comedies or in a comedic sub-genre.

I agree with Giant Spider Invasion, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Starcrash, and Bride of the Monster. I believe it’s an absolute given that Ed Wood is the king of unintentional comedy.

A few others that are in the so bad they’re good vein would be Kill Squad, Shark Attack 3: Megalodon, and The Last Shark

Smilla’s Sense of Snow was a film where we had much too laugh in the cinema, cause it was so badly made.

But the award for the longest laugh gets to Troy.
In the scene in which Ulysses got the idea for the Trojan horse. This was so ridiculous that we looked at another and then started to laugh. And we couldn’t stop it for the next 15 min, we always had to chuckle or laugh again when thinking of that scene, and after one had started again the other one immediately followed (I should have kissed her this evening). All to the displeasure of 2 young girls on the next seats who obviously liked the film.

[quote=“Stanton, post:48, topic:1864”]Smilla’s Sense of Snow was a film where we had much too laugh in the cinema, cause it was so badly made.

But the award for the longest laugh gets to Troy.
In the scene in which Ulysses got the idea for the Trojan horse. This was so ridiculous that we looked at another and then started to laugh. And we couldn’t stop it for the next 15 min, we always had to chuckle or laugh again when thinking of that scene, and after one had started again the other one immediately followed (I should have kissed her this evening). All to the displeasure of 2 young girls on the next seats who obviously liked the film.[/quote]

Unlike Smilla (I didn’t even like the book, so never bothered with the movie), I have seen Troy (with somebody who studied Greek!), but I don’t remember that particular scene
I think they have the longer version in the library here, so I might give it it watch
In cinema the CGI’s often were a bit all too obvious, and therefore funny, and I guess on a smaller screen they look better

My favorite unintentional comedy moment is the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey (the ballet of the screaming apemen)
It is so ridiculous that the rest of the movie never got any chance with me. When I think about it I start laughing again and I always watch it when the film is on TV

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:49, topic:1864”]Unlike Smilla (I didn’t even like the book, so never bothered with the movie), I have seen Troy (with somebody who studied Greek!), but I don’t remember that particular scene
I think they have the longer version in the library here, so I might give it it watch
In cinema the CGI’s often were a bit all too obvious, and therefore funny, and I guess on a smaller screen they look better

My favorite unintentional comedy moment is the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey (the ballet of the screaming apemen)
It is so ridiculous that the rest of the movie never got any chance with me. When I think about it I start laughing again and I always watch it when the film is on TV[/quote]

Good idea, but I can’t follow you on this, as this scene looks for me still very convincing. The rest of the film is then not laughable?

The scene in Troy has nothing to do with CGI. It is Ulysses sitting near a campfire and watching a soldier carving a wooden horse. All you needed was a speech balloon above his head saying “Bingo”.
It was mainly the way it was filmed and acted.

And Smilla is a very entertaining novel, but the film is only a quick ride through all the story elements (only for being in the novel) and giving none of the scenes time to breath. You can’t turn such a long novel into only a 150 min film and staying at the same time close to the novel.
This is a sort of film no one would write for an original screenplay, and is a typical problem for films which try to make money with bestselling books or older literature classics. Especially for longish novels. It mostly doesn’t work, and sometimes looks ridiculous.
And Smilla was maybe the extremest example for this type of film.

I read Smilla when it was first published, so quite some time ago. I remember that the basic story was good, but that there was a lot of redundant ‘encyclopeadia’ info, used to give readers the impression that this was a high brow piece of work. When I read it, I thought: if you cut the dead wood, there could be a decent film in it. But, as said, I never gave the actual film a try. The story is quite intricate, yes, and that may have caused a few problems. I remember watching the DVD of The Da Vinci Code with the wife & daughter, who had not read the novel (and knew nothing about the theories that inspired the book): I had to stop the movie after half an hour or so to explain what was going on, they had no idea what the characters were talking about.

also
hot potato

[quote=“sartana1968, post:52, topic:1864”]also
hot potato[/quote]

not familiar with it and what makes it funny?

It’s a blaxploitation flick. And it’s intentionally funny.

guess someone is missing the boat on this thread

A Christmas favourite today: Holiday Inn 91942).

is it an unintentional comedy?

This topic is giving me a headache.

same here amigo

Damn, wrong thread. I thought it was the “what film are you watching tonight” thread, would you believe it :-[ :-.