X-Rated

With all these different names for releasing companies, I don’t know if this has it’s own topic but… oh well.

In my experiences with X Rated, I have been mostly pleased, mostly. But the title is definetly misleading as it would impossible for a films such as Dicke Luft in Sacremento to get anything above a PG. Let alone X!

Good enough quality that always has this hazy feel. But the unremovable caption on the bottom I find pointless even if I can easily overlook it. Also,being a North American, is it normal for German DVD releases to have such big covers?

if you’re able to copy the disc, the caption at the bottom can easily be removed and burn onto a new disc without the caption… its just a subtitle track

The NEW releases have large hardboxes as well, that’s the only other company I know of that does that

I always do this.

a ridiculous remnant of the VHS videostore era of which these two “companies” clearly hail from

Just a word about packaging. The term “hardbox” is widely used for naming these cases. It is literal translation from German word “hartbox”. But I think the most precise name is Nickert keep case (regular and oversized). This type of case is patented.

Don’t be so cruel Marshall! I like my Nickert keep case (regular and oversized)*

*I like this term, it is short and easy to use, I’ll have it tattooed on my butt.

Do you also have part of a treasure map down there? :wink:

I like them also… I like things that are different… I’m more likely to buy one of these or something from the Koch rainbow series just because of the unique packaging. Damn marketing psychology.

X-Rated has stopped the release of Spaghetti Western.
Apparently the sales were too low. :’(

X-Rated and Simple Movie are not the same company.

Maybe Simple Movie brings some other spaghetti westerns.

Shame…have some good releases from X-Rated.

I’m an X-Rated fan as well… sad news :’(.

i’m not surprised. they hardly marketed their dvds, they used to be not available anywhere for the longest time, and they had those weird vhs-style cases…

Bad News they had some good releases but their strategy wasn’t the best. Big plastic covers with high prices 8)

… and some exlusive places you could buy them…

what happens to the catalog of film rights they have? I hope they sell it to Koch Media :slight_smile:

Which were great :'(.

Does that mean, they don’t sell them any more or they won’t release new ones?

They won’t release new ones

I was also a fan. I loved these “Hardbox”.

I agree with you, Sebastian. And look what else X-Rated released. Only trash. Bad horror movies, erotic … >:(

well their main market is splatter and sleaze, hence the name…

i just hope their catalog of titles goes to a company that can give these films a proper release, koch media to the rescue

I think for many films, the licenses are already expired. Mannaja, Django Kill and Vengeance …
A new release by another company is therefore possible. ::slight_smile: