Worst SW soundtracks

Sorry, but I like it, makes me even want to watch the film again (which I didn’t like the first time I saw it).

I have a love hate relationship with the Keoma song. I do listen to it often but I just can’t take it seriously anymore. The song started to get on my nerves when I watched the film and I was laughing throughout the scene where they dragged Keoma through the town. The slow-motion combined with this song was too much for me. I felt really bad for laughing though :frowning:

OOH!!! KEOMAA!!! NOOO!!
(Guess I’ll be singing that for the rest of the day)
Also, I want peace I want LOOOOUUUGGGHHH

I think Arizona Colt Returns is Anthony Steffen’s worst movie and the song is… well, bad too. It’s catchy but the lyrics are stupid (these aren’t 100% correct but you’ll get the idea):
BaNg BaNg
I nEeD tO GeT mY GuN
BaNg BaNg
GuEsS I’m GoNnA KiLl sOmEoNe

1 Like

Ditto … and I’m a big Scott fan :wink: good call.

1 Like

:rofl: what a tool! LOL :rofl: There is no peace or ‘LOOOOOOOUUUUUGGGHHHHH’, for that matter in the Spaghetti west.

1 Like

His gurgling combined with her screeching makes nails on a chalkboard sound like Vivaldi’s Four Seasons.

1 Like

Okay, so I just finished watching Mannaja (first time watching the movie). The main theme is a little boring in my opinion, but it’s not the worst song out there. The Snake song is so much better though, it has no right to go so hard.

I think the instrumental parts of Keoma’s and Mannaja’s soundtracks fit the films but I think they should have got better vocalists for the songs. Arizona Colt Returns main theme is so goofy. The soundtracks to One Dollar Too Many and Trusting is Good Shooting is Better are a bit too wacky although the first is a bit better (the film as well compared to the second). Lavagnino’s score for I’ll Die for Vengeance is not as good compared to his other scores.

1 Like

In my opinion this here is a prime example of a failed theme song.

6 Likes

Wow! So bad it’s almost good. Shame on Cardone that he didn’t give Lacerenza the bird for this.

2 Likes

It’s actually hard to listen to !!! LOL really drunk in the studio perhaps :rofl:

PS: Is it about the ‘naughty’ type of pearl necklace ?

1 Like

I didn’t like 1000$ on the Black and didn’t even remember how bad the theme song is. Now I found another reason to hate the film :joy:
On the other hand, I have a feeling that if I listen to Necklace of Pearls more, I’ll end up liking it because it’s so horrible it’s actually good :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

“Versione Singolo” suggests this was even released as a 45 which is really astonishing. :smiley:

1 Like

I wonder who that “vocalist” is? He is bloody awful.
And tbh I don’t remember this song from the film. Maybe I just automatically blanked it out of my memory

1 Like

@Phil_H Yeah, who is that guy? His vocals are the worst at the end of the song, in my opinion, when he sings:
Now I know I have to go
Trouble is waiting for me
EeEeEeEeEeEeE

Also it’s really hard to hear the lyrics because his pronunciation is so unclear. At one point in the middle of the song it sounds like he mumbles a few words in Italian

I’ve always enjoyed the cheesiness of the theme song for And God Said to Cain, with Klaus Kinski.

2 Likes

I know a lot of people hate it, but I honestly love the Keoma theme. It’s melodramatic to be sure, but what about Spaghetti Westerns isn’t melodramatic.

5 Likes

I don’t mind it either. It’s not one that I will just sit and listen to though, but in the course of the film I think it works well.

2 Likes

California theme song

A depressing song from a depressing movie. I actually like the song and its haunting atmosphere, but the goofy 1970s sounding rhythm that plays towards the end of the song ruins the mood

2 Likes