Worst Beatdown In A SW

A reoccurring theme in sw’s is a good old fashion ass kickin’. Usually the main character is the recipient. What is your favorite.

Franco Nero in Massacre Time…more of a whippin’ but brutal all the same.

1 Like

Fabio Testi in Dead Men Ride

That got to hurt, I’m not sure how he still moves. I vote in this one as well.

1 Like

Preparati La Bara was pretty brutal. Good thing there was a bucket of water nearby LOL

Gentleman Killer, on top of everything else they made him drunk. Beaten AND hungover a most uncomfortable combination.

1 Like

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:5, topic:1701”]Preparati La Bara was pretty brutal. Good thing there was a bucket of water nearby LOL

Gentleman Killer, on top of everything else they made him drunk. Beaten AND hungover a most uncomfortable combination.[/quote]

Those two are great!
Girotti has to suffer a lot and Steffen’s performance is amongst the most unbelievable things in the SW-universe. He has to drink how many bottles of booze? And afterwards he is still able to shoot some blokes.
Call me Anthony “the liver” Steffen

its the one thing i most dislike about the westerns; the sadism

btw id…idi…
we share a common heritage
LOL!

1 Like

[quote=“uncknown, post:7, topic:1701”]its the one thing i most dislike about the westerns; the sadism

btw id…idi…
LOL![/quote]
& what is that?

But sadism is a crucial element of SW villainy!

Can you imagine a Horst Frank without some cruelty?

In SWs the viallains are beasts, maybe sometime some kind of noble beats, but still beasts.

A SW is no tea party!

1 Like

I have to agree here. It’s why I’ve never bothered to watch things like “Django Kill”. Not a horror fan myself either.

[quote=“uncknown, post:7, topic:1701”]btw id…idi…
LOL![/quote]

Stuttering?

1 Like

[quote=“uncknown, post:7, topic:1701”]btw id…idi…
LOL![/quote]

I think he means the common thread in your names.
They are both based around Tuco’s trouble with reading in GBU.

“Unk…Unk…There’s no name on it.” From the final scene in the graveyard.

Then it’ll be hard for you to watch some classics like Django! Spaghetti Westerns in general are rather sadistic. The bad guys are no angels and not the good guys, either.

1 Like

[quote=“Phil H, post:11, topic:1701”]I think he means the common thread in your names.

“Unk…Unk…There’s no name on it.” From the final scene in the graveyard.[/quote]

Ah, I’d got that one but I hadn’t got the “I…I…Idiot” reference until now.

Well Django is a great movie in many respects but yes I think that scene, along with the scene of them taking pot-shots at the peasants as they let them run away, is revolting. Corbucci was a real genius but some of his stuff is just way too extreme for my tastes.

1 Like

Without the sometimes over-the-top sadism spaghetti westerns would certainly have much less impact on me.

And to answer the thread’s question, indeed the beating of Franco Nero in Massacre Time is one the worst ever. Man, he even gets whipped at the face!Then again, Castelnuovo plays one of the meanest and nastiest villains ever seen in and out of the genre, i couldn’t imagine him treating Nero in a less violent way…

1 Like

Robert Woods gets a good beatdown in Black Jack… either that one or Eastwood in Fistful of Dollars.

1 Like

I think you’re right. Sometimes those scenes are kind of creepy.

[quote=“Phil H, post:11, topic:1701”]I think he means the common thread in your names.

“Unk…Unk…There’s no name on it.” From the final scene in the graveyard.[/quote]

Ah, I am an Idiot[quote=“uncknown, post:7, topic:1701”]its the one thing i most dislike about the westerns; the sadism[/quote]

I also agree, it is what makes sw’s more impactful than other genres. I do feel that the abuse women get in sw’s is the one thing that I cringe at at times. Face To Face comes to mind, Fletcher beats & then ‘takes’ the woman of his choice & then she hangs all over him & everything is cool. Huh?!

My choice is Garko in 100,000/Vengeance. He has a rough time over the final 20 minutes, beat-stretched-beat-hung upside down. All while watching his love, dying, crawling to his aide. Pretty sadistic.

How is it possible nobody has put Fasthand is Still My Name down as the most sadistic beating?

Lorenzo Robledo is … Man, I can’t say it. Not to mention Ciani’s treatment.