Winnetou the Warrior / Apache Gold / Winnetou 1. Teil (Harald Reinl, 1963)

The Review of this film is now in the Database:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Winnetou_the_Warrior_Review

Database page: Winnetou I - The Spaghetti Western Database

Good reviews you got, you should put them in the database.

WINNETOU FILMS FOREVER

Stewart Granger Lex Barker Rod Cameron Pierre Brice Karin Dor Marie Versini

The Winnetou series of excellent/outstanding Westerns is a national treasure of Film.
The Acting, plots, direction, scenery, music was all Top Of The Range in All Winnetou Films.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:3, topic:879”]WINNETOU FILMS FOREVER

Stewart Granger Lex Barker Rod Cameron Pierre Brice Karin Dor Marie Versini

The Winnetou series of excellent/outstanding Westerns is a national treasure of Film.
The Acting, plots, direction, scenery, music was all Top Of The Range in All Winnetou Films.[/quote]

Was not.

:o Stanton no need to try and repress your ORIGINAL boyhood true feelings of LOVE
for ALL Winnetou Film Masterpieces.

Once you like/love a Film or Song It is ETERNAL Stanton :wink: so dont be embarassed ! ;D
It is the recently made DEFECTIVE DRAMAS that need to be overlooked by all of us.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:5, topic:879”]:o Stanton no need to try and repress your ORIGINAL boyhood true feelings of LOVE
for ALL Winnetou Film Masterpieces.

Once you like/love a Film or Song It is ETERNAL Stanton :wink: so dont be embarassed ! ;D
It is the recently made DEFECTIVE DRAMAS that need to be overlooked by all of us.[/quote]

Nope

Not a bad one, but nothing outstanding. The funniest thing about it is the fact that me get the most interesting actor (Mario Adorf) play the bad guy, when it’s obvious that makes wanted us to root for the good guys. There’s also a great unintentionally funny explosion scene where we can see an obvious dummy fly out of exploding wagon. Watchable and even at times entertaining so it hets 6/10 from me.

My second Winnetou experience and, though not as good as the first imo, it covers pretty much the same ground and was entertaining enough. The version I have is in English except for the odd comedy scene which has German audio only and I can see why these scenes would have been dropped from the English release originally. Superfluous and unfunny. Particularly the silly English photographer. I guess the producers felt they had to repeat the ‘Butterfly collector’ character from the first film in some way but it was a mistake and best left out.
Good enough fun for me to carry on with the series I think.

Anybody know which Winnetou films are available in English and which ones are not? I have one of the DVD sets with four films but only three of them play in English.

According to km-filmbilder.info (scroll down for info chart), the Dutch DVD edition titled Karl May’s Winnetou Collection has English audio options for six of the eleven Winnetou films but only Dutch subtitles for the parts missing from the original English-language edits.

This film’s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Please help correct and expand it, thanks.

Out on 4K UltraHD BluRay since last week.
Details > Winnetou I/BluRay - The Spaghetti Western Database