Wild East Productions

@ Rev and AngelFace

“Reckon so AF - Phil’s seen it for sure and I think he rates it”

Yep, this is one of the best of the pre Leone spaghettis in my opinion. The version I have is a pretty good looking vhs rip (which you sent me years ago Rev, I can’t believe you’ve never actually watched it yourself :o) but a better print on DVD will be much welcomed so I might find myself getting a couple of these Wild East releases.

I received my pre-order of “Those Dirty Dogs/Wanted” in record time (finally a Wild East film release that didn’t get delayed) but I have to say I’m disappointed with the transfer of “Wanted”. “Those Dirty Dogs” looked great but “Wanted” had a jittery effect when ever there was action on the screen or when the camera moved. Another way to describe it is “hicups”, small little skips when things moved on screen. I have come across this same effect when I have converted a few PAL releases to NTSC. It was rather annoying and hindered my enjoyment of the film :’(

As a matter of fact I just put mine up for sale on ebay if anyone is interested in getting the DVD without paying full price

Is it just me or does anyone else think Wild East has been getting lazy lately? I heard their last release had some imaging problems similar to Wanted’s :-\ I know this set is gonna be a buy just for Those Dirty Dogs which I love and planned on holding off on seeing Wanted cause I expected the quality to be better than on the bargain version I’ve got. How bad is the hiccuping? Does it hurt the viewing of the film that bad? And if possible, could you or someone else upload a clip as an example?

Well their releases have always (except for a couple releases I think, although I can remember only Death Rides A Horse) had ghosting problems from PAL to NTSC conversions but I guess this is something different (more noticeable)?

Maybe the source already had some problems to it and then the conversion made them even worse. Or not. I don’t know. :stuck_out_tongue:

Finally some news on the Sartana set[url]http://tinyurl.com/2fcpre6[/url]. Sounds great, can’t wait for it.

;D

[quote=“Sundance, post:1785, topic:44”]Well their releases have always (except for a couple releases I think, although I can remember only Death Rides A Horse) had ghosting problems from PAL to NTSC conversions but I guess this is something different (more noticeable)?

Maybe the source already had some problems to it and then the conversion made them even worse. Or not. I don’t know. :P[/quote]

I own 44 Wild East releases so I’m familiar with the ghosting your talking about and that I can live with. This is worse than ghosting and seriously hindered my enjoyment for the film. Not sure if the PAL to NTSC conversion made it worse but I was surprised they released it in this state. I haven’t been this depressed over one of their releases since their botched discs of “Gentleman Killer”, “Sartana” and “Ringo the Lone Rider” where the anamorphic transfer was flagged wrong. Needless to say I think I’m done pre-ordering their discs until I can talk to other Spaghetti Western fans on the web about their transfers first.

Glad to see they’re still keeping the original theme ;).

Woohoo! I never gave up on it, always thought they’d bring it back! As always, Wild East never lets us down :wink:

Nice one! 8)

where is the news?

Oh, the first half is a link, bro :wink:

i can’t see anything

The line, “Finally some news on the Sartana set. Sounds great, can’t wait for it”, has an imbedded link in the first half of the text, the sentence “Finally some news on the Sartana set.”

Do you know that Rick Astley’s illegitimate son is a Mexican boxing champion?

His name is Canelo Alvarez.

LOL, he looks like Rick.

I just remembered that In A Colt’s Shadow is included in the Timeless Media box set, so I guess I’m sitting the double feature out.

..not overly excited for any except for His Name Was King

Keep your expectations very low…

Have the Savage Gringo/In a Colt’s Shadow and His Name was King/Gunfight at High Noon sets been released yet? I’ve got both on order from Amazon (Gringo/Colt for over a month now) and both are showing as “Temporarily Out of Stock, We’ll Let You Know When They’re Available”.

Have these been delayed or what?

I’m pretty sure that Diabolik had them, I though there were copies on Amazon… ???