Wild East Problem

My “It can be done Amigo” arrived today, no problem with the product but what it ended up costing me.

What cost me $12.29 all in, $7.49 pre-order price plus $4.80 shipping. so it should have cost me £7.67 all in with the currency converted plus £1.25 currency conversion bank charge so really £8.92 all in.

anyway…

For some reason Wild East put a value of $60 on the parcel so I have ended up with an extra customs charge of £15.48 ($24.79) on top, costing me over £23 ($37!!!) in total for the disc!!!

Thing is the post office inform you of a customs charge and won’t deliver until it’s paid, I thought it was a charge on some computer memory I bought, Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be the cheapest Wild East dvd ever released!!!

So…

I have scourged the Wild East website and can’t find any way to contact them, can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

I have tried the “contact us” on their site but…

When you click it you get this

[b]CONTACT US… BY e-mail

or by the post:

Wild East Productions, Inc.
P.O. Box 6863
New York, NY 10128
USA[/b]

When you click the email you get a google mail thing come up but it doesn’t say the actual email adress.

This is stressing me out now, I’ve been on the phone for fuck knows how long today ringing customs and no cunt is answering.

Every other time I’ve had a customs charge they’ve took it upon themselves to look inside the parcels, if they did this time they would have seen the reciept for $12.29

Thing is what is also concerning me is that it was a pre-order and the reciept is dated the end of January, customs might try to make out i’m trying to show them an older invoice to scupper the charge.

I had problems with trying to email thru the site. The address would come up but when i’d done the message it wouldn’t send it…some weird message came up (can’t remember it exactly). I copied the email address into my contacts and did it that way and it worked

killsabata@aol.com;

Might work for you :wink:

The customs thing is weird. I’ve been charged by them before but i always got the parcel and was then sent a bill by them (in one case 2 months later!), the highest one being about £45!

[quote=“Silver, post:3, topic:2682”]I had problems with trying to email thru the site. The address would come up but when i’d done the message it wouldn’t send it…some weird message came up (can’t remember it exactly). I copied the email address into my contacts and did it that way and it worked

killsabata@aol.com;

Might work for you :wink:

The customs thing is weird. I’ve been charged by them before but i always got the parcel and was then sent a bill by them (in one case 2 months later!), the highest one being about £45![/quote]Cheers Silver

I’ve emailed them.

Don’t you think it’s better to contact your customs office?

I mean either Wild East made a mistake or more likely the custom office misread a value of $6.00 as $60 …

In either case you got an invoice per mail and one is enclosed in the package which displays the correct amount. This should be worth something when taking up the fight with the customs office :slight_smile:

If it had been in Denmark the extra cost would have been something like $45 by the way :slight_smile:

Yeah, the problems probally most likely an issue for your customs office. I don’t think WE can do anything about it. Sorry to hear about the headache. Similar thing happened to a buddy of mine recently.

Ouch! sorry to hear that Yodlaf Peterson, WE are usually so great about such things, hope you sort it out satisfactorily.

Sounds very plausible.

Fed Ex are notorious for this, once had a large sw dvd consignment sent via them, they charged me the quoted cost of the dvds (which was well below actual cost I paid) made up an extortionate postage charge, added this too it (which made massively it over the £18 limit), and sent me the bill. I had to pay them without challenging the cost, because if I would have shown them the actual receipts for the dvds, it would have cost me more. I’ve never used them since as I’ve heard they do this a lot.

[quote=“Søren, post:5, topic:2682”]Don’t you think it’s better to contact your customs office?

I mean either Wild East made a mistake or more likely the custom office misread a value of $6.00 as $60 …

In either case you got an invoice per mail and one is enclosed in the package which displays the correct amount. This should be worth something when taking up the fight with the customs office :slight_smile:

If it had been in Denmark the extra cost would have been something like $45 by the way :)[/quote]I’ve tried ringing customs all day so far.

There is an invoice for $12.29 all in inside the package but I reckon they print them out as you pay because the invoice is dated in January when i pre-ordered it and I fear customs will try to make out I’m trying to fob them off with an older cheaper reciept.

I have now mailed Wild East and asked them for an email of more proof of how much I paid so I can forward this to customs.

Funny thing is sometimes when I have been behind with Wild East stuff I’ve ordered three at once from them with no problems.

Must have just been a typo on their side because it does clearly say $60 on the packaging.

[quote=“Søren, post:5, topic:2682”]Don’t you think it’s better to contact your customs office?

In either case you got an invoice per mail and one is enclosed in the package which displays the correct amount. This should be worth something when taking up the fight with the customs office :)[/quote]Definately says $60 on the package, a simple mistake but costly.

i also received a card through the door from royal mail for it can be done amigo with a customs charge of £15.48 on it,contacted post office for explaination and was told customs charge was for dvd as wildeast had put a value of $60.00 on package,have since tried contacting them but so far have been ignored,well anyway sent it back hopefully they will send another with correct price on package.

I just got an emial from Wild East, they said they would give me the next release that comes out. That was nice of them. Wouldn’t quite cover the customs charge but I’m happy with that and they have gone about it in a good way, top customer service as far as I’m concerned.

Hopefully they won’t put a $60.00 tag on that one. :wink:

[quote=“Hoover Valentine, post:12, topic:2682”]Hopefully they won’t put a $60.00 tag on that one. ;)[/quote]Hopefully, although I’m wondering that if it happened to Cormac too it may have happened to a load that have been shipped abroad?

I wonder if this was the problem for me then…mine was a fedex package. Then again i’m not surprised re the charges as i ordered about $300 worth of stuff in one go. Probably not the best idea!

Yeah, despite the fuss with my stuff (it’s never happened before and hopefully won’t again) it all worked out in the end, plus a free film is always nice. They never tried to dispute anything, which i something i have had from a couple of UK companies.

Silver…take it you did not have to pay custom charges on the Bud Spencer one ?

Nope. Thankfully!

Thats good then… :slight_smile: .