Why spaghetti western music is so cool

(Sebastian) #1

An article…

With such a stupid title, I’m reluctant to open this - How cool, or uncool is that ? :weary:

(Asa) #3

Nice piece. Nothing we didn’t already know regarding what the music cues under discussion meant or what they were aiming for of course but plenty of insight - I thought anyway, as a non-musician - as to how those aims and meanings might be achieved within this chord or that. I found that interesting.

I’d love to be able to pick up a guitar and just start playing the theme to TG,tB&tU. Supercool. Is it too late to learn to play an instrument? I’ve given great thought lately to buying a bass guitar and having a bit of a noodle with it, just for my own enjoyment, but I’m concerned it might look a tiny bit “mid-life crisis”. I mean I’ve no plans to grow a pony tail or start wearing linen suit jackets with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows or dating girls half my age or saying “yah” instead of “yeah” like Cliff f#cking Richard or anything. I would just very occasionally like to plug my bass in, put my mirror lens aviators and cowboy hat on, and pretend to be Lemmy in front of a full length mirror while nobody is watching. Is that so wrong, I ask ye??

Not one mention of Alessandro Alessandroni? Ookay then.

(Nick) #6

No mention of anybody outside of Morricone. Alessandroni and Lacerenza were essentially the lifeblood of many of his scores, and so many other artists helped shape the genre as well. It’s a shame that Morricone so often get’s the limelight.