Who was the fastest draw?

First of all, I like so much Clint and Lee, BUT, I support Lee, because he is an actor who has not received any awards or recognition in specific, I have tried to find out, why? he was a very good actor, but instead, Clint received awards itself, so I am in favor of Lee, because he was great actor like Clint, but did not receive much in return, besides money and fame, of course. I refer to recognition. but why? Lee was a good actor and I see not just me, the difference between Clint and Lee are no just, in terms of recognition and awards. :-.

well as to the faster draw. I have read a lot out there that Lee was faster than Clint, after Clint was faster than Lee, well, even in the movie of Liberty Valance,say, they asked to Lee was to be slower, so that John Ford managed to stop in time to Lee when he grabbed the gun, do not know if you remember that scene. I also heard on this forum that someone quoted a comment acreca Lee when Lee made a commercial for a beer…

also, I’ve tried to figure out the question, because I’ve compared every scene, but it’s really hard to tell.

here quote a page:

Lee was off to location in a place halfway around the world called Almeria, Spain. The Spanish village and surrounding countryside had an uncanny resemblance to Texas and a small Mexican border town. As men are apt to do, an argument broke out between Eastwood and Van Cleef as to who was the faster draw. Lee won the argument, being clocked by frames on the film reel.
Now the footnote to all this was that after they finished up and were putting away their guns, Mark was expressing his amazement at how fast Lee had been. And Lee responded, "Well, if you think THAT was fast, you should see Clint. NO one beats Clint..." And Lee basically confirmed that what we see on film is not the result of clever editing or stand-in quick draw artists or anything else. It's all Clint, and it's all for real.

And

I don't know how fast Clint could draw, but apparently "Lee Van Cleef claimed to be faster on the draw than Clint Eastwood. He took three frames of film (one eighth of a second) to draw, cock and fire" (from IMDb.com).

so, well, you could vote and comment on it, I vote for Lee.

P.S: I started Yul, because I did not want to do just a matter sonbre two of them, so, just started Yul just in case…

I was always under the impression LVC was so I chose him.

Its interesting that Lee contradicted himself in those two quotes.

As for Yul, he was actually quite slow on the draw according to Horst Buckholz. During the hand slapping scene, Horst had to wait for Yul to draw before starting to slap his hands.

If Yul is on this pool so should Eli Wallach ;D

I vote Eli

Lets get Django on the job with his machine gun and wipe everyone out :smiley: .

Surely “Nobody” would win it? ;D

Oh, yes. Nobody is faster than him! :wink:

Except maybe Trinity …

1 Like

Sped up far too quickly ;D

I believe in howard hughes book he breaks it down to LVC being quicker.

Its interesting that Lee contradicted himself in those two quotes.

As for Yul, he was actually quite slow on the draw according to Horst Buckholz. During the hand slapping scene, Horst had to wait for Yul to draw before starting to slap his hands.

well yes and no, actually I have not much confidence to this quote, I mean:

Now the footnote to all this was that after they finished up and were putting away their guns, Mark was expressing his amazement at how fast Lee had been. And Lee responded, “Well, if you think THAT was fast, you should see Clint. NO one beats Clint…” And Lee basically confirmed that what we see on film is not the result of clever editing or stand-in quick draw artists or anything else. It’s all Clint, and it’s all for real.
because it comes from a semi-official page of Clint Eastwood, and obviously, in any special page to any person, whole community would support him… but it was then that I started to have this doubt, doubt now would like you could help me solve, no one else, I just want to know Clint and Lee, if possible… about Yul, you refer to the movie of the Magnificent Seven, right? oh dear, I did not know that, I believed Yul slightly faster.

If Yul is on this pool so should Eli Wallach
I did not mean me specifically that, because, as I said earlier, I did not want to seem a kind of super-super fan of Clint and Lee, you know, not a type of fan seems exaggerated, I did not want to have that impression in this forum, but well, so I just want to know who was faster on the draw, Lee or Clint?
Lets get Django on the job with his machine gun and wipe everyone out
well, I meant not that, but it's funny and weird hahaha lol xD
Surely "Nobody" would win it?
I do not think so, it would be better to see the scene in a typical duel, not machine gun, of course. hahahahaha :P
I believe in howard hughes book, he breaks it down to LVC being quicker.
haha, me too :) that's one of the parts of text I quoted. n_n

Oh hell Lee of course, maybe he would rise from that tumb he was put in after the triello, as a Zombie to prove me right

Oh hell Lee of course, maybe he would rise from that tumb he was put in after the triello, as a Zombie to prove me right
xD like here? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz8zICEafk8