WHO REALY WROTE THE MUSIC FOR price of power?

i KNOW THE CREDITS SAY LUIS BACALOV
I KNOW THE SOUNDTRACK CD SAYS LUIS BACALOV.
But…

The main theme is unmistakably the work of Ennio Morricone.
The arrangements of the theme likewise.

there is no doubt

Interesting claims. I haven;t seen the film but my interests have been arised lately and I’ve heard the soundtrack and it definitely sounds Morriconean.

Just listened to the main theme

Don’t think it’s Morricone, would-be Morricone, sure, but not Morricone:

Just listened to the soundtrack and does not sound like Morricone to me.

listen to the 12-string electric guitar.
that’s right out of DIABOLIK!

I see your point, but alot of composers owe a great deal to Morricone. The scores to El Puro and Blindman are very obvious examples for instance.

a musical signature is like a written signature… or a fingerprint

Composers do borrow ideas and copy sometimes.

[quote=“uncknown, post:1, topic:1461”]i KNOW THE CREDITS SAY LUIS BACALOV
I KNOW THE SOUNDTRACK CD SAYS LUIS BACALOV.
But…

The main theme is unmistakably the work of Ennio Morricone.
The arrangements of the theme likewise.

there is no doubt[/quote]

Just a cursery examination of the available evidence would suggest otherwise. There are alot of great composers other from Morricone, and much of their work is similar. I have the soundtrack to price of power and it doesn’t really sound Morricone to me.

you can hear the different styles of the two composers clearly.

Bacalov’s contribution is that loopy action theme (similar to THE WILD BUNCH) played during the canyon ambush scene. Totally different in feel ti the main theme and its variations .

I am betting that Valeri asked Ennio to do some uncredited work on the film. After all he was asst director on the leone films (and later directed NOBODY)

My Name Is Nobody is the only western directed by Tonino Valerii which has the music officially credited to Morricone, and of course Leone was involved in this western.

If Valerii liked Morricone that much then why did he not officially score any more Valerii directed westerns ?

How should I know?
LOL!!!

Always amazes me what some people do know or do not know.

Both Morricone and Bacalov have had tremendous diversity and variety in their film scores, there is really no distinct “style” to them. The score for “Fistful of dollars” sounds totally different from say, Life is tough…eh providence?".

You can’t say that Morricone secretley “ghostwrote” a film score for Bacalov just because a couple of guitar riffs happen to be the same. Its preposterous, and I think both composers would be offended at the assertion.

Uncknown, if you’re going to try to convince the rest of us otherwise, you’re going to include a bit more evidence, analytical deduction and logical reasoning to your arguement, other from the fact that the guitar sounds a little like Diabolik. I can actually come up with better examples of SW scores that would be more convincing of “ghostwriting” than the example that you put forth.

A couple of examples:

The title theme for fistful of dollars (by Morricone) sounds eerily similar to Stan Jones’ (Ghost) Riders in the Sky: A Cowboy Legend.

Am I going to automaticically suspect that it was actually Morricone that wrote it as a stand in for Stan jones?

Morricone’s theme for the great silence sounds very similar to Paul Mauriat’s love is blue. THE SONG SAYS PAUL MAURIAT. THE CD SAYS PAUL MAURIAT. But its actually Morricone who wrote it. THERE IS NO DOUBT. LOL.

[/quote]wn, if you’re going to try to convince the rest of us otherwise, you’re going to include a bit more evidence, analytical deduction and logical reasoning to your arguement…
[/quote]

Its a musician thing
:slight_smile:

Oh.

so , what do yo’all think about my BIG GUNDOWN post over at the dvd forum?
;D

[quote=“uncknown, post:16, topic:1461”]Its a musician thing
:)[/quote]

Well I’m not much of a musician but my ears aren’t too bad ;D

I’ve been listening to some Bacalov scores recently and I see no reason to assume that it wasn’t him who wrote this one also.

the music it’s realy awesome!