Who did the worst job of "acting" in any movie you've seen?

Just remember another one Giovanni Ribisi, for no reason in particular, just can’t stand the guy

No doubt a Benfica supporter

Wild at Heart (!), Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas … He plays fine in those. Snake Eyes and Face/Off are very mediocre movies.

Actually he and I share a hobby as I remember that due to his tax ‘problems’ he had to sell one of his prized posessions, a copy of Leah Bodine Drake’s A Hornbook for Witches which is one of the rarest Arkham House-titles (it’s a book). Still missing from my collection. But still, he has/he had a good taste in books.

And when you think about these movies they are from a while back, wonder what happened to the man to star in so much crap in his later movies…

He was great in Joe (2013). You see the interview with him from that movie, when he gets a good role like that and has the freedom to improvise, he seems really into it and knows what hes doing (and Bad Lieutenant, Matchstick Men).

I only don’t like his boring roles where hes given nothing to do (and usually has a bad haircut), like Ghostrider, Bangkok Dangerous, Next

Agreed. He has been in various types of indescribable crap in the last many years now. Plus he doesn’t seem to care anymore. He gets awful scripts no doubt and he probably delivers what the scripts ask for and nothing more. If he’s badly in debt (don’t know if he is anymore) he probably just goes after the money. Lynch should book him in the next Twin Peaks season. May do him (Cage) some good.

Yes, Matchstick Men was a fine movie. Not seen Joe (yet).

Face Off and Snake Eyes weren’t great movies, that’s correct, but they weren’t that bad either and I thought Cage was quite good in them.

I didn’t like Raising Arizona (one of the weakest Coens for me); the Coens can be very funny, but I don’t like them in comedy mode. I did like Wild at Heart, but not as much as Blue Velvet, the Lynch movie that preceded it, so it still was some kind of dissapointment to me. Maybe my antipathy for Cage started there, I might have ‘identified’ Cage with this dissapointment.

Bruce Dern in The Driver

I fucking love Nic Cage. That’s all.

Then who is your black sheep?

I do as well, Face/Off, Vaimpre’s Kiss and Honeymoon in Vegas are favourites

John Wayne really was a terrible actor

2 Likes

I’ve always had a, perhaps unreasonable, hatred for bad child actors. Jake Lloyd, that kid from Gloria, etc. Like people always talk shit about Hayden Christensen in the Star Wars prequels, but Jake Lloyd is a billion times worse.

I also don’t really care for Ewan McGregor, especially in films where he does an American accent. His accent is just awful.

And anything Johnny Depp has done since the first Pirates film just reeks of lazy, uninspired acting. He’s lazier than Cage, but people don’t hate on him because he still has box office draw and it’s not cool to hate him.

If we’re talking about having box office draw, I cannot stand Ben Affleck, the man with a permanent look of being slapped with a fish.