Who did the worst job of "acting" in any movie you've seen?

Even though I liked the movie, I thought Ewan McGregor’s performance in Star wars episode III was horrible. It looked more like a cartoon than a real person.

I have just heard the cover version by Nico. Her fragile voice is mostly only accompanied in a minimalistic way by her harmonium. When in the Baby take a chance with us parts percussion and an e-guitar is added, it seems like an explosion. Fascinating.

Oh, and add me to the Apocalypse Now! fans. When I saw the redux version in cinema, it was an incredible shivering feeling when the film starts with the helicopter noises in surround sound and The End begins shortly thereafter to drop in.

Just like the film, his part fitted in the style of the films. Unlike the performances of the heroes in the old Star Wars(except for Ford who is really cool as Han Solo). It’s very funny to see that in emotional scenes I tend to hear McGregors accent get trough the characters voice…

I think this is a key reason why I love this film. I saw it at the cinema in 1979 (I think) when it first came out and it was awe inspiring. I remember everyone leaving the theatre in stunned silence. But when I saw it on video a few years later it didn’t have nearly the same impact. This is defintely one of those films which really needs to be seen on the big screen with big sound. Having said that, I’m already sold so I will happily watch it anywhere now.

Oh yes, it’s all against one, as usual here …

I’m no big fan either. I don’t think it’s a bad film though, it just goes on too long and isn’t as nice as watch as The Converstation and The Godfather are. I’ll have to see it again to have a more nuanced opinion though…

You ruined my joke, Earl !!

Don’t worry Scherp. We’ll still gang up on you. Just to be consistant :wink:

Just trying to get you angry so I’ve got a reason to make a topic about you :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Grrrrreat, tar and feathers time again.

This forum never gets boring.

Anything featuring John Travolta, Elvis Presley, Richard Gere and Harrison Ford, i just cannot stand them especially Elvis he was as bad an actor as he was a singer. (No doubt i’ll be chastised for that remark, but WTF).

Sorry SD, but i’ll also have to include John Wayne, Randolph Scott & Joel McCrea.

[quote=“CactusCharlie, post:31, topic:950”]Anything featuring John Travolta, Elvis Presley, Richard Gere and Harrison Ford, i just cannot stand them especially Elvis he was as bad an actor as he was a singer. (No doubt i’ll be chastised for that remark, but WTF).

Sorry SD, but i’ll also have to include John Wayne, Randolph Scott & Joel McCrea.[/quote]

ELVIS PRESLEY IS/WAS THE KING OF POP & A GREAT CHARISMATIC ACTOR ALWAYS

I suspect that people who are FOOLISH/STUPID enough to criticize/mock ELVIS P. RIP
are at the same time HEAVILY CONTAMINATED with LOUD Rock/Metal/Rave NOISES ???
Probably liking that Heavy, noisy NON MUSIC they will then attack the BEST SINGERS
Like ELVIS PRESLEY who sold MILLIONS of Catchy/melodic LEGENDARY HIT singles.
If you do not like or respect that and have the idiocy to post against Elvis here I am
sorry but it is 100% OUT OF ORDER.

If you had any taste or decency or intelligence you would have CONDEMMED the same

LOUD GARBAGE that invites drugs/crimes as I have always done. ELVIS is a GOD.

I also am amazed at Richard Gere being put down as he is one of the few good recents
Harrison Ford and Travolta I can see as not being extremely liked but there are worse.

THE NAMES THAT should FEATURE ON THIS THREAD as “worst acting job” ARE :

Meryl Streep, Al Pacino, Wooden Allen, Robert DeNiro, Michael Caine, Bob Hoskins etc

AGAIN what brainless NONSENSE having a go at JOHN WAYNE, RANDY SCOTT , MC CREA

They are some of the GREATEST of the USA WESTERNS !!

I really dont know where some people DEVELOP their BAD TASTE from …its upsetting ???

NO personal attacks intended but a GENERAL point is being made here.

Just an observation but Elvis was a drug user he was a complete mess when he died. Sorry to burst your bubble. Not wait I’m not.

What you say is correct !! No denying it.
BUT For most of his life, singing/acting CAREER ELVIS PRESLEY was believed/idolized as
a Clean cut wholesome Family entertainer and KING of Rock n roll/Pop & Family Films.

I would never say that MELODIC singers never take drugs but their image/music etc
is ANTI DRUG and CLEAN. Your Heavy metals I have a pile high quotes boasting of
taking criminal drugs, debauchery, rape, robbery, hotel destructions, devil worshipping etc

The Governments and Police have all the data anyway. The SICK lyrics PRO murder etc

Why does every post go back to what music I like?

If you don’t like metal music don’t even bother mentioning it. It sounds like a broken record player… Point made and duly noted.

BTW Elvis is still alive! He is the King, maybe not the best actor but one of the best voice ever. :slight_smile:

Yeah, the Burger King.

[quote=“LAW AND ORDER, post:32, topic:950”]ELVIS PRESLEY IS/WAS THE KING OF POP & A GREAT CHARISMATIC ACTOR ALWAYS

I suspect that people who are FOOLISH/STUPID enough to criticize/mock ELVIS P. RIP
are at the same time HEAVILY CONTAMINATED with LOUD Rock/Metal/Rave NOISES ???
Probably liking that Heavy, noisy NON MUSIC they will then attack the BEST SINGERS
Like ELVIS PRESLEY who sold MILLIONS of Catchy/melodic LEGENDARY HIT singles.
If you do not like or respect that and have the idiocy to post against Elvis here I am
sorry but it is 100% OUT OF ORDER.

If you had any taste or decency or intelligence you would have CONDEMMED the same

LOUD GARBAGE that invites drugs/crimes as I have always done. ELVIS is a GOD.

I also am amazed at Richard Gere being put down as he is one of the few good recents
Harrison Ford and Travolta I can see as not being extremely liked but there are worse.

THE NAMES THAT should FEATURE ON THIS THREAD as “worst acting job” ARE :

Meryl Streep, Al Pacino, Wooden Allen, Robert DeNiro, Michael Caine, Bob Hoskins etc

AGAIN what brainless NONSENSE having a go at JOHN WAYNE, RANDY SCOTT , MC CREA

They are some of the GREATEST of the USA WESTERNS !!

I really dont know where some people DEVELOP their BAD TASTE from …its upsetting ???

NO personal attacks intended but a GENERAL point is being made here.[/quote]

SD, just because you like the aforementioned actors and Elvis does not mean we all have to.
As far as me being unintelligent , you don’t know me or anything about me so you cannot cast an aspersion like that.

Re - People having disturbingly bad taste , i am picking up that everyone who disagrees with you or your tastes are complete morons, jeez all message boards are the same, there is always one poster who thinks he owns the board and wants to be in charge, it’s sad really and i pity you and those like you.

No , you were personally attacking me for my choices, and you were making judgements not points.

I rest my case.

I Did say it clearly that these “worse” threads cause only trouble and aggravation.

One says urgh I hate that stiff actor/rocker , the other retorts f-off I love them & so on.

It is true that I am too passionate/fervent in defending favorites/SW/Melodic music but
is that a “bad” thing ? It can be maybe if it causes forum/board upsetting.

I would have thought that if you were picking music to mock the BEATLES a fair target.

@ Paco

EXCELLENT i sure agree with your ELVIS PRESLEY “best voice ever”.

People like Harm like to see only the “worst” in Elvis Presley (his burger last 2/3 years
while OVERLOOKING the legendary Greatness of his previous 10 + years = KING Elvis
This is what I mean about sneaking in with a malicious/poisonous comment, whereas
I talk straight, discuss , honestly/openly. It can be repetitive but its important.

I know Cactus that critics liked to minimize ELVIS PRESLEY’s ACTING ABILITY but I
have seen 98% of his Films and found him a BETTER ACTOR than those woodens I
mentioned Pacino/Streep etc and also Elvis had Electric screen presence, he was
charming, handsome, romantic, funny, debonair. Millions enjoyed seeing him on film.

i’ll tell you my all time worst performance in a major film. … and the winner is edward fox in “the day of the jackal”(1973). the bloke can only play one part " edward and mrs simpson". >:(