White Fang / Jack London films

THE GREAT ADVENTURE - It’s all shown in the poster. Jack Palance Town Boss, Joan Collins saloon girl with a heart of gold, an annoying kid and his wolf dog. Palance tries to steal the dog for his own purposes and Collins helps the kid get him back an exposes Palance as crook.

Buck at the Edge of Heaven is a Call of the Wild adaptation featuring John Savage, in a dual role, who seems to think he is in a junior high Shakespeare play as he overacts shamelessly. There are a couple of Dell’Acquas and this one who looks like one but seems too young for a 1991 production, maybe Aldo?

I must say there are a lot of ending credits so he may be someone else entirely.

New review by @davidgregorybell

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Winter_%26_Whiskey:Alfonso_Brescia’s_La_spacconata(1975)

spacconataposter

I found Fulci’s Challenge to White Fang hugely enjoyable, and am glad I bought the excellent EXPLOSIVE blu-ray released fairly recently. Fang is impressive and, to give the dog his due, turns in a worthy performance, whether in fierce mode, or smiling that great smile and winning friends and hearts. The fight scenes involving Fang versus diverse human and non-human opponents are fierce, brutal, and bloody. There are other scenes of strong violence as well, and they pack a punch. But at core, this is a well made family film, with a few light-hearted moments mixed in. The story revolves around an orphan boy trying to make a go of it in a small frontier town in the Alaskan wilderness. There’s a climactic sled-dog race that smacks of old - Hollywood, but more than held my attention. There are various interesting characters - a really good-looking nun, Nero as a writer and adventurer, and John Steiner well-cast as the villain. These and other characters carry over from Fulci’s preceding WHITE FANG, and while it would be nice to see the two in order, my enjoyment of the second film was not compromised. I most appreciated the element that many object to: the quick, without-warning shifts in tone from a tender moment, to graphic violence. Besides the beautiful cinematography, and frontier setting, it’s the shocking violence that makes me believe this is a Spaghetti western. Hell, the beautiful nun gets her face burned off.

it was Colosseo (RIP)

You’re right, of course, thanks.

Should check this one out. I’ve been putting it off though because I didn’t like the first.

La Spacconata’s database entry has been updated to the new layout. You know the drill, we’re looking for info, trivia, links, reviews, pictures, and of course corrections if there’s anything incorrect…

Zanna Bianca e il grande Kid has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etc… especially pics!

2 Likes