White Comanche / Comanche blanco (José Briz Méndez, 1968)

Database page: Comanche blanco - The Spaghetti Western Database

I couldn’t find a thread of this masterpiece of action and characterization, with Captain Kirk himself giving the weirdest performance since John Wayne was cast as a Roman general

Anyway, a review is up:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Comanche_Blanco_Review

I’ve read the review, one day I’ll pluck up the courage to watch the film …
But let me get this right Scherps … Johnny gets off with Rossana Yanni after his brother Notah has raped her?
Would it be fair to suggest that johnny’s mission is … “To boldly go where Notah has gone before.” … ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry :wink:

Is there a Scottish bloke that pops up and says to Johnny … “It’s the injuns - they cannae take anymore Captain!” ?

Actually, i don’t remember
I watched the film some time ago, wrote a first sketch for a review, wanted to watch it for a second time before finishing the review, but …

You may guess what happened …

Like I wrote, it’s fun to watch it once (with a glass of wine, beer or cider), but twice …

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:2, topic:1145”]I’ve read the review, one day I’ll pluck up the courage to watch the film …
But let me get this right Scherps … Johnny gets off with Rossana Yanni after his brother Notah has raped her?
Would it be fair to suggest that johnny’s mission is … “To boldly go where Notah has gone before.” … ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry ;)[/quote]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Love it. But be careful, all these trekkie gags could get you in trouble with Tig’s missus.

i’d say although i’ve only seen around 50 SW’s " white comanche" is the worst so far. the film falls apart after the credit sequence to my mind. often laughable and william shatner as the evil brother is way over the top. very poor.

You need to watch Trinity & Sartana then, haha.

[quote=“Phil H, post:5, topic:1145”]:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Love it. But be careful, all these trekkie gags could get you in trouble with Tig’s missus.[/quote]
I hate Star trek

Agreed.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:7, topic:1145”]You need to watch Trinity & Sartana then, haha.[/quote] oh my god! i forgot about that piece of crap! i only saw it last week shows you how much i erased it from my memory( see my post on the last western you watched on 29/06). thanks bl you’re right, i take that back. “trinity and sartana those dirty sons of bitches” makes " white comanche" seem like a great classic.

Yod I could not agree more…but my missus was a complete fucking treckie when I met her. Made me wear some captain pickard suit which cost her £60 to conceive our first one while the Rev and the choir mistress were staying. I was totally blathered and have no recollection. I promise you all I am totally boring when it comes to sex and all that kinky dressing up stuff…the best I can manage is a Marigold glove on my left hand to make it feel like a stranger is doing it. If I am feeling flush it may be a fur glove. It is all right now though she has realised the error of her ways. What she tries now as the odd trick is to buy a maids outfit or something but I always flatly refuse to get turned on…what sort of twat am I.

That’s a pity Tig. I could see you in a maid’s outfit.

I’m gutted.

I ordered a dvd of this last week, a day or two after i ordered it i was at a friend’s house and it was on television. Not the greatest of prints, i started to watch i and thought as the dvd was on it’s way i’d wait.

Wish i watched it on tv now, the dvd is a horrible print and the sound is so low you can hardly hear it.

Teach me to buy these shitty cheap releases, thought i would have know better by now. ::slight_smile:

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:13, topic:1145”]I’m gutted.

I ordered a dvd of this last week, a day or two after i ordered it i was at a friend’s house and it was on television. Not the greatest of prints, i started to watch i and thought as the dvd was on it’s way i’d wait.

Wish i watched it on tv now, the dvd is a horrible print and the sound is so low you can hardly hear it.

Teach me to buy these shitty cheap releases, thought i would have know better by now. ::)[/quote]
It shows we definitely need a special edition of this masterpiece! Original aspect ratio, anamorhpic, 5.1 editon with directors commentary and bonuses such as interview with William Shatner and making-of documentary ;D

Priceless movie in every way possible. I often point to this as being the farce that NAVAJO JOE is often conceived of being by those who don’t understand Spaghetti. Or rather, in anyone’s hands other than Sergio Corbucci, this is how NAVAJO JOE very well might have turned out.

Just watched this again, I agree it’s bad but didn’t find it boring, I quite liked the jazzy soundtrack.

Hah, i watched this 2 days ago. Had it for ages on cheap box sets but left it alone cos of bad reviews. Anyway it was not as bad as I expected, i have seen worse spag films. it has good sets, decent story, shatner is shatner etc. It is spanish though, no italian involvemnt at all apparantly, so a euro western. the real downside, for me, is the music/score. absolutely terrible.
anyway, day later, and the next film iwatched was Trinity and Sartana, Those dirty SOB’s. My god, my god, this film is soooo bad, so rubbish. How could a film be made so bad. lasted 40 mins then realised life was passing me by. only watch this if you have watched every other spag west you can, then only to complete your viewing, and prob your life cos it may take that long to get that far into spag wests. heh heh heh.

It didn’t help matters that the print I watched (from the Mill Creek 44 Movie cheapo box set) is so washed out it’s virtually black & white, and the sound is filled to deafening levels with more cracks, jumps and muffles than a vinyl album that had been tied to a dog and kicked down the street before being played. Even so, this was a poor excuse for a western. It’s a bit more fun though if you don’t compare it to other westerns and view it instead as a “sh*t” movie, like Plan 9 From Outer Space or similar. In that company, it fares slightly better.

For those in the UK, this is on Movies4Men at about 7 this evening.

A treat for all concerned I’m sure. I’m certainly looking forward to it.

A treat for sure :slight_smile: .