White Apache / Bianco Apache / Apache Kid (Bruno Mattei, Claudio Fragasso, 1986)

Database page: Bianco Apache - The Spaghetti Western Database

The forgotten brother of Matteiā€™s notorious Scalps[/url], White Apache starts off very poorly with a comically overplayed massacre and a family film atmosphere of brotherly rivalry. Fortunately the film picks up speed later and has a reasonably effective storyline.

Not as good as Scalps, it is still worth watching and the Spanish DVD looks very good, with English audio -

http://www.mondo-esoterica.net/Apache%20Kid.html

I like it when you mention ;" Occasional wildlife stock footage scenes are of lower quality ". This applies to a few Italian films I have viewed.

Excellent work, Tim

Havenā€™t seen the film, but the opening seems similar to the first scenes of Soldier Blue, while the other aspects (child being raised by indians) remind me of Little Big Man.

During this one I also had a shower and smoked a couple of cigarettes on the balcony. I felt I didnā€™t miss much upon my returns. SCALPS looks like ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST compared to it. Tape was in quite bad condition too so I might as well throw it in the trash-bin in my next tape clearance.

This one was easily the worst SW Iā€™ve seen so far. Scalps was amusingly bad, this was just boring. And the ā€œoccasional stock footageā€ is like a 3rd of the movie or something.
It did have some hilarious moments, but there were so much parts where nothing happened that itā€™s not really worth watching unless youā€™re a Mattei or SW completist.
Mattei strikes again.

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Bianco_Apache

Yep, Apaches were supposed to be the fierciest indian tribe but here theyā€™re getting their ass kicked not by soldiers but some posse from local small town.
Sebastian Harrison canā€™t act but fortunately heā€™s playing mute for the most of the time, his war cry is priceless and made me laugh everytime. Thereā€™s some other unintentional humor like the scene where the angry mob is trying to lynch a man just because heā€™s not fond of massacring the indians.

Bad film but maybe not as bad as Beyond the Frontiers of Hate or White Comanche. Good thing there isnā€™t that much Italian westerns about indians as most of them suck. :smiley:

Yep definatly not as bad as Beyond the Frontiers of Hate.

I thought the funniest scene was where they break his arms with some super powerful kicks.

Oh, and I forgot the scene where the bad guy is burning gunpowder on the indian girlā€™s chest. It was hilarious!

Looks like Iā€™m in for a treat, just bought the German DVD.

I know whoā€™s in for a treat (and heā€™s not a Bad Lieutenant)ā€¦

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Apache_Kid_Film/DVD_Review

Watched it a couple of weeks ago. Bad, bad.

My entertainometer once gave it a 3/10 (mediocre, but not completely boring)

I remember nothing from the film. The other one from maestro Mattei was better.

I wonder if thereā€™s anybody who thinks this is a good movie.

SD maybe, thereā€™s an actress in it. More than one, actually.

Not the greatest Spaghetti out there, but there is still alot worse than this one for me. One recent one I re viewed which is worse is the super boring Halleluja and Sartana Strike Again!

Not the greatest Spaghetti out there, but there is still alot worse than this one for me. One recent one I re viewed which is worse is the super boring Halleluja and Sartana Strike Again!

Certainly lot the worst spaghetti, thatā€™s true. Stanton says ā€˜mediocre, but not completely boringā€™, not a bad way to typify this movie, although I would say ā€˜below average, but not completely worthlessā€™. Problem for me is that it couldā€™ve easily been a lot better. The premise is okay, but very little is done with it. Mattei is also a rather erratic director, some scenes are reasonably well executed, others seem improvised, not directed at all.

Ha, ha. I sort of like this in alot of ways. Just captures that something re atmosphere of the Spaghetti westerns from years ago. But yes the film is mostly tacky, with the Indians looking to much like the Indians from old U.S westerns. The violence is there, but not used to great effect though. So what do I like ā€¦the crap style of it all :grinning:

White Apache does have that ā€˜so bad itā€™s goodā€™ feel to it sometimes. It depends on the mood really. Havenā€™t watched Matteiā€™s spaghettis in a while but I seem to remember enjoying this one a bit more than Scalps. I will have to re-watch them back to back.

I tried rewatching it a couple of days ago. Quite awful still. Turned it off after a while.

1 Like

Finally saw this one, thanks to @Pumaman
I didnā€™t think it would be that bad (and itā€™s by all means not all trash, nor is it the worst), but it really isnā€™t worth the time. It really is strongest in the beginning and towards the end, and there are some admirable moments that speak of a certain ambition, but itā€™s neither authentic nor sleazy enough to be honest :slight_smile: Gonna watch Scalps next, which is supposedly better.

1 Like