Can everyone name their favorite official Sartana movie? I wanna see those votes, so I can see which Sartana is the favorite among experts of the genre.
My favorite one, is oddly one that catches much hate, I Am Sartana, Your Angel Of Death.
I’ll explain my rationale in a breakdown of the series.
- THE BEST villains with immaculate wardrobes in the series, imo Klaus Kinksi as Morgan with bells on his boot (covered with shaving foam to hide his presence) and the knife and Lasky and his Corduroy suit.
- The grittiest
- ‘I am your pallbearer’ is the greatest quote in the series
- Again I need re-mention how Morgan is my favorite character besides Sartana in the series… And Lasky is my favorite after Morgan… That definately earns bonus points.
- It might be a tired trope, or a Cliche after For A Few Dollars More. But I found the pocketwatch and it’s musical tune to be extremely effective.
- Even though the ending is a bit cheap cinematography wise, it is hella atmospheric… It kinda worked.
- Incredibly ugly looking. With shite locations.
- The most mediocre soundtrack of the series? (I do like the pocketwatch tune though)
- Misses the cinematic flair of the follow up Sartanas. Carnimeo is a better skilled Director imo (even though I do think the ending is hella atmospheric).
- Second best set of henchmen in the Sartana series, with the bounty hunters Klaus Kinski as Hot Dead and Gordon Mitchell as Degueyo and Shadow being the baddest bunch to me.
- Bloody lush cinematoraphy and camerawork.
- As well as set design
- THAT OPENING with the card tricks. It’s one of my favorite spaghetti western moments.
- Actual mystery
- It get’s a lot of flack for having a horrible soundtrack? But I dunno which track? Because I don’t hear any duds here? My favorite soundtrack in the series after the ‘Have A Good Funeral My Friend…Sartana Will Pay’
- A bit confusing at times?
- Good cinematogrpahy and camerawork
- SOUNDTRACKKKK number ONE in the series
- Least interesting villains imo. The Piggot brothers should be a cool bunch… but they leave me cold. And I can’t put my finger exactly where. They are just a bit too run the mill.
- Comedy is creepin in.
- As an Wasian I’m not exactly happy with the portrayed stereotype
- The best Plot in the series
- Organ cannon for it’s ridiculousness
- The cinematic flair is cool at times (my favorite being the coins dropping from the ceiling into the camera).
- Music is okay
- The set of villains aren’t the worst. A lot of doublecrossers in town. But compared to Sartana 1 and 2, they rank below, much better as 3rd Garko Sartana tho?
- Ffffkkk Alfie
So my ranking looks like:
- I Am Sartana, Your Angel Of Death
- If You Meet Sartana… Pray For Your Death
- Light The Fuse… Sartana Is Coming
- Have A Good Funeral My Friend… Sartana Will Pay
The number one for me is easy; the last 3 however are close to tied. If i could i would give ’ em all tied 2nd place. Anyway the George Hilton one is the worst anyway!
Anyway Im curious to everyone’s favorite and their ranking.