What's the origin of your avatar?

Ha ha ha!

Well I’ve changed avatars only once in 2 years on the forum, both LVC of course. Nothing else will do!

I re-agree with both of you after having un-agreed prior :-\

So we all agree to disagree or disagree to agree?

I think that about sums things up Korano.

Scherp could have Jacques Brel as his next avatar, if he wants someone ‘non-western’ for a change

[quote=“Lindberg, post:65, topic:1929”]Scherp could have Jacques Brel as his next avatar, if he wants someone ‘non-western’ for a change

[/quote]

Ouch! Don’t tell me we have to look at that for the next 6 months :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking about changing to a big Humperdink avatar …

Noooooooooooo!!!

They all smoked in those days
Brel died of cancer; I guess Halliday stopped at the right time; he’s in his seventies I guess, and still rockin’

And apparently morphed into a French singer as well :slight_smile:

He started out as a singer I believe, before appearing in movies

And re Kinski, there have been a few guys using him as their avatar, not just Tigrero

Van Cleef is popular too, currently there’s both Col Mortimer, Frank Talby and Pacificador

Maybe we should have some rules here, you can’t have an avatar if someone else is already using it? :wink:

[Just joking]

[quote=“Lindberg, post:71, topic:1929”]Van Cleef is popular too, currently there’s both Col Mortimer, Frank Talby and Pacificador

Maybe we should have some rules here, you can’t have an avatar if someone else is already using it? :wink:

[Just joking][/quote]

That would prompt a lot of showdowns and several additions to Boot Hill, amigo! :slight_smile:

Lindberg is right, Halliday is above all a singer, in fact he’s the most popular singer of all time in the French speaking world. He sold some 80 - 100 million records, which is most probably unequalled outside the English speaking world. It also means only artists of the likes of Elvis Presley, The Beatles, Cliff Richard, the Stones, the Eagles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and maybe the handful of others did better. He started in the sixties, as a kind of ‘French Elvis/Cliff’, and is still immensely popular in France (and other French speaking countries) today, fifty years later. But outside the English speaking world, he’s virtually unknown. Therefore he’s often called “the biggest rock star you’ve never heard of”

Like I said he started as the French answer to Elvis or Cliff, as a ‘rocker’ (pronounced in French as ‘rockkuh’), but he has widened his range with ballads and more poetical, typical southern European ‘soft rock’ (a thing Neil Diamond tried to introduce in the English speaking rock world). Like me he’s half Belgian, which explain my special affinity with the guy, but I’m not a fan of the artist, I have only one ‘biggest hits’ cd

To be honest, I was trying to be funny. Did not know it’s the same guy. While I do not speak French or listen to French music I am familiar with some artists from my record store days. Serge Gainsborough & Edith Piaf come to mind first. I also know Dalida, Charles Aznavour, Jacques Brel & Yves Montad to name a few. Other than Piaf & Gainsborough, I could not tell you what they sound like.

off topic banter alert

No problem I…I…Idiot

It’s Serge Gainsbourg though, not Gainsborough

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:73, topic:1929”]Halliday is above all a singer…

Like me he’s half Belgian, which explain my special affinity with the guy[/quote]

And yet you removed the avatar of him you had :o :wink:

I liked your old avatar of Jose Calvo Lindberg.

I changed my nick and my avatar

Didn’t have a special affinity with the guy

[quote=“Lindberg, post:78, topic:1929”]I changed my nick and my avatar

Didn’t have a special affinity with the guy [/quote]

Your old avatar always sticks in my mind, even though it was a while back now.

Well, now it’s free for someone else to use

Calvo is a nice guy, just didn’t suit me