What's on your Christmas list?

My sister’s bugging me to tell her what I want for Christmas already, and I’m struggling to come up with something other than a long list of DVDs.

I would like Santa to haul a nice new Ford crate motor with 302 cubic inches (bored out), a smoking cam, and a four barrell carb down my chimney. :wink:

Lot’s of money!! ;D So I can by the family some presents of course. :wink: :wink:

my birthday has not come along yet so there’s no talk of Christmas lists yet

I make no list, for me it’s all a surprised. Of course I don’t get surprised when I receive the usual pair of socks and pijamas, but jokes apart, the fun it’s on surprising yor relatives and friends with a gift, you got an all year to know what they want/need or like, and also to wait for the sales period in January when you can buy stuff for half the price.

I’d like to buy a house in Alcochete before xmas. Me, she and the bank…
Anyway i’d like to receive the Wild East’s George Hilton DVD and some cheap stuff too (Sartana Saga: Spaghettie Western Bible 2 and Dead Or Alive Western Collection). Since no one will offer me that I just ordered myself!!

[quote=“p.pereira, post:6, topic:2535”]I’d like to buy a house in Alcochete before xmas. Me, she and the bank…
Anyway i’d like to receive the Wild East’s George Hilton DVD and some cheap stuff too (Sartana Saga: Spaghettie Western Bible 2 and Dead Or Alive Western Collection). Since no one will offer me that I just ordered myself!![/quote]

If you can get the deal with the Bank, buy the house now, prices are relatively low, even in Alcochete and Montijo (and Samouco also ;D).

Indeed. We are interested in a particular one. I should rob a bank and them buy the house with their own money!

Some new bed socks for me ;D .

You are very demanding. ;D ;D ;D ;D

I sent my folks an email telling them what I wanted because if I don’t they usually get me stuff that I don’t use and it sits in the closet for a year. So I told them I wanted the 2-disc special editions of A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More. I already own the original MGM DVDs of those movies so I told them if they didn’t like the idea of getting me DVDs just for the special features they could get me the Duck, You Sucker 2-disc special edition and the My Name is Nobody DVD.

I have two books in mind, Jean-François Giré’s Il était une fois… le western européen : 1901-2008 and Kinski’s All I Need is Love (first edition). Both are pretty pricey, I have to make a choice.

I’ve had questions about Giré’s book, and a while ago I wrote these brief notes (they might help you to make a choice):

[i](I still have to write a review of the book, so you’ll have to settle for a few brief notes:)

Well, it looks very good. To begin with, it’s a very large book: 29 x 21 cm, hard cover, 590 pages
There are tons of photos, full colour, black & White, stills, posters, all shiny and wonderfull : it’s the largest collections of photos (on this subject) you’ll ever see

It lists all (or virtually all) European westerns, including Turkish westerns, films made for TV, Hollywood westerns shot in Europe etc. There are chapters on arms, themes, characters, towns, locations, the directors, composers, actors etc. There are also indexes of names, titles etc. All this is well done, although films are sometimes not so easy to retrace. They’re listed chronologically, and the index is not complete. Often both the French and the original Italian or Spanish title is listed, but this is not always the case.

Still this is all very good. Then the bad news: virtually all films are listed, but only a small part of them is reviewed. Giré usually gives a short synopsis plus cast & crew, but only in a lmited number of cases, an evaluation is added. In this aspect the book falls short. If you’re looking for extensive info on movies, read either Giusti, Cox or this site.
When Giré reviews a movie, his info is useful (his texts on general aspects of the genre are informative too, he’s a good writer), and he has added chapters on the three Sergios – with an evaluation of individual movies - that are very good.

So if you’re looking for a glossy photo book with some informative texts, this is your book, but if you’re expecting an analysis of as many films as possible, you might be disappointed.[/i]

I don’t have any books related to Spaghetti Westerns. I am content, for the moment, with all of the information available online whether it be scherpschutter’s reviews and articles on here or other places like shobary’s. Oh, and can’t forget the Fistful of Pasta website. :slight_smile:

My wish list mostly consists of DVDs, audiobooks, books, boxing equipment and maybe a Wii.

Mmm… Giré’s book sounds good, but… maybe I should ask for Cox’s book and the Kinski autobiography and use my own money to buy that one. But then again I also have gifts to buy, money, ahhhhhhh!

Just found out that I’m getting the Howard Hughes Spaghetti Westerns book (2010) for xmas…this will be my first book related to the genre, I can’t wait!

cha-cha heels

[quote=“autephex, post:18, topic:2535”]cha-cha heels

ROFLMAO!!! ;D ;D ;D

i order for crhistmas from ebay

1. the beastmaster 1982
  2. house on haunted hill 1958
  3. the double feature from wild east: full house of the devil\ moment to kill