What is it with the US censors?

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:19, topic:2398”]Nationality: Canadian
Ethnicity: Chinese

Sounds all promising

I say you will have a great future …

Bruce Maple Leaf

Well, you can´t.

Well kid I can move to Sweden, but that doens’t make me a Swedish :smiley:

damn american paramount they killed friday the 13th series!!! cut all the gore scenes! and they keep them in the close
over 20 years >:(

-inspires musings of a crime-thriller, or a slasher-flick:
The CENSOR

Definitely seems like each culture has some hang up about sex, violence, nudity. I do agree with the European attitude towards nudity - it’s natural. The US attitude toward violence makes us desensitized towards it which most likely is what they want. They being whatever you want it to be. :wink:

they still killing the movies without pity… :’(
desperado killed several times acording to imdb MPAA cut several scenes from the film
the ending was two seconds of shooting but the original scene was much biger ending
an entire batle scene i hope one day to see an original director’s cut version of desperado

The people that rate movies in America try to have some artistic control over the film. It’s sad, we could talk all day about who you are and why you got an R instead of a NC-17.

By the way as of 2009 none of these people have children who are under age.

" You’re terminated, turkey ! " was the US-censors’ ultimate embarrassment. They couldn’t even ‘invent’ a replacement-word that carried a hint of residual impact… like; “You’re terminated, test-dummy!”, or other ‘T’-words… turtle-shell, toolbox, technocrat, tube-worm, etc. ‘Turkey’ was sooooo Magnum PI-ish.

I was watching a film with friends, with some 5-year-olds playing-with coloring books on the floor… and the film-characters were using the word; ‘tush’, which was obviously (awkward dubbing) replaced by censors. One of the kids asked her mom what ‘tush’ meant. Mom answered: " It’s a person’s ass, or butt. " The kid went back to coloring, and I remember thinking that censors have to be the most useless people in the galaxy.

[quote=“kit saginaw, post:31, topic:2398”]" You’re terminated, turkey ! " was the US-censors’ ultimate embarrassment. They couldn’t even ‘invent’ a replacement-word that carried a hint of residual impact… like; “You’re terminated, test-dummy!”, or other ‘T’-words… turtle-shell, toolbox, technocrat, tube-worm, etc. ‘Turkey’ was sooooo Magnum PI-ish.

I was watching a film with friends, with some 5-year-olds playing-with coloring books on the floor… and the film-characters were using the word; ‘tush’, which was obviously (awkward dubbing) replaced by censors. One of the kids asked her mom what ‘tush’ meant. Mom answered: " It’s a person’s ass, or butt. " The kid went back to coloring, and I remember thinking that censors have to be the most useless people in the galaxy.[/quote]
LOL