What is it about Spaghetti Westerns that appeals to you?

That’s an interesting thought… what if Django had ended on a down-note, with Django being shot? Would have been horrible IMO. The ending of Django is perfect… A beautiful example of a “happy ending” done properly

full of fun!!! ;D

i love the costumes,the locations,the music,the characters,the dialogue,the gun fights and the storys
so pretty much everything :smiley:

I got into spag westerns when I was 13, I was on my way out a friends house letting him borrow Super Metroid (on the SNES) when I just happened to see a VHS copy of Fistful of Dollars sitting on the table and asked if I could borrow it. Without digging too much into it making a damn novel of a post about my first viewing of FOD I ended up watching that damn movie until the tape was worn out. It was mysterious and weird at first, the dubbing, the music, I was really drawn to Eastwood’s outsider character and could identify with getting revenge on bullies as with the first gunfight scene. I’d say that movie taught me more about standing up to assholes than anyone else, and doing so with a sense of calm not succumbing to wild eyed screaming. Also the whole deal of sneaking around playing idiots against each other, being a rogue, not giving a damn about authority and taking risks, there’s a lot that taps into the young male psyche. The desolate town setting, the dirty grimy desert, the brutal violence (I was into gore flicks at the time and still thought this was violent) and the awesome music. I was into older Metallica, Slayer and classical, the metal bands at the time wrote heavy epic songs and Ennio Morricone fit right in with all that. I of course started seeking out other films along the way with no internet or any help whatsoever. During the final days of the mom n pop video stores I was able to see all of Leone’s films, the Trinity movies, the 2nd Django movie (yikes), and finally El Topo (hell of a blind find being a teenager).

I didn’t see much for years until Anchor Bay did all those re-releases and at this point in time I’ve seen a ton of spag westerns but still haven’t seen as much as I’ve should. I’m finally picking up dvd-rs from cine cult, trash palace and want to get the Gatling Gun dvd and some Wild East titles. I gotta say now spag westerns fall into a variety of different types of films, from highly skilled masterpieces to goofy n violent to goofy to bligharlhb etc… Right now I’m really into the Sartana movies and I really want to see Sonoma, the more overtly serious yet cheesy they are the better.

a dirtier side to the wild west. the unpredictable elements of some SW’s where the people you expect to survive don’t some of he time.

I can relate. I too believe that watching the way Clint and LVC handled bullies made me into a better man.