What Film Are You Watching Tonight?

“Bring me the head …” is on my soon to watch list. Found some old tapes at the attic, with amongst others this movie. It’s a nice film as I remember well.

Yesterday I watched Blood and Black Lace (Director Mario Bava at his best!). :slight_smile: Today something nice: Stranger and the Gunfighter(aka Blood Money).

I agree on that one, and it’s Peckinpah’s best film IMO.

Some movies arrived: Killer Kid, Sette dollari sul rosso, I want him Dead, Massacre at Grand Canyon. It will be difficult to decide which one will be the first. ;D

I Want Him Dead is the best of the lot (haven’t viewed Killed Kid yet though) … Massacre at Grand Canyon is VERY American, handle with care :slight_smile: But a nice lot amigo.

I think you’ll really enjoy I Want Him Dead. A gritty action packed revenge story with a great soundtrack.

Ok I choose I WANT HIM DEAD! :slight_smile:

Hitman. A friend dropped off some “normal” dvd’s (as he put it) that he thought i might want to check out. I have no familiarity with the game it’s based on which should have been a good thing. Thing is, i only watched it last night and already i can barely remember what happened in it! ??? Which says it all i guess…

I ended up watching The Mighty Peking Man last night - pretty fun King Kong rip-off produced by the mighty Shaw Brothers studio in '77.

Beneath the Planet of the Apes.
Nowhere near as good as the first one but passed the time ok.

‘Alfredo Garcia’… great film - hilarious in places…
I watched ‘The Bloodstained Shadow’ last night - much better than I was expecting it to be… Think I’ll watch something similar tonight…

This film gets often bashed for no apparent reason, i liked it as well.

GEORGIA RULE

A comedy-drama-soap-etc. with Jane Fonda, Felicity Hufman and the infamous Linsey Logan

Not my choice for the saturday night, obviously, but not too bad
There are even some clever twists in the script and the film is well-acted

And I finally got to know the girl I heard so many sensasional stories about

Dr. No was viewed this evening…a classic which I have seen many times.

Sean Connery is my pick for the best James Bond of the lot…and you can’t beat Ursula Andress…!

When you mentioned Dr. No I think I will put it in my DVD Player.

And of course Anthony Dawson is not Dr. No. Sorry for the confusion. :slight_smile:

Dr. No He’s Not … maybe :wink:

But he was the uncredited Blofeld in Thunderball and From Russia with Love. :wink:

My God, double OO-SEVEN ànd Spaghetti Westerns, the man certainly is a sixties idol !!

Have you any idea how this Scot got in Italy ? I mean, his appearence in Death Rides a Horse is unforgettable (how could anyone forget those four playing cards on his chest?) but he was only a supporting actor. Guys like Eastwood, Van Cleef , Wallach, Bronson, Fonda etc. were invited, but a supporting actor? Was his wife Italian?

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:1298, topic:372”]My God, double OO-SEVEN ànd Spaghetti Westerns, the man certainly is a sixties idol !!

Have you any idea how this Scot got in Italy ? I mean, his appearence in Death Rides a Horse is unforgettable (how could anyone forget those four playing cards on his chest?) but he was only a supporting actor. Guys like Eastwood, Van Cleef , Wallach, Bronson, Fonda etc. were invited, but a supporting actor? Was his wife Italian?[/quote]

No, I don’t believe his wife was Italian.
It isn’t really all that strange that this fellow from Scotland became a frequent supporting player in Italian genre films. After all, there were a number of others from other countries even further away from Italy than the UK that had steady work as supporting players in Italian genre films (Gene Collins, an American, springs immediately to mind here). And who is to say that Dawson wasn’t invited to be a supporting player?
After all, the popularity of the Bond films in the early 60’s was phenomenal—and anyone even remotely associated with those films were to some degree sought after by producers everywhere.
You will notice that Dawson made nothing but British films until after his appearance in DR. NO.
And many of this appearances in subsequent Italian films have a British connection (he appears in the OK CONNERY film for obvious reasons, and the director of both DR. NO and THUNDERBALL, Terence Young, directed RED SUN). I just think it came down to the producers/directors liking his interesting looks…not leading man, or even leading villain material…but, certainly a memorable presence.

He was also a Villain in Hitchcock’s DIAL M FOR MURDER and was in many more TV Shows and Movies. According to IMDB there is an Italian Production in the Year 1962: Il Dominatore dei sette mari. A pirate Movie. Maybe there are some more before that. So it seems that he had no problems to play in Italian Productions.

I agree with Chris, that the italian filmmakers wanted memorable faces. Death rides a Horse was made in 1967 ( In the SWDB 1968?), and the SW were very famous in Europe at this time. So for him it wasn’t that risk anymore to play in a SW. :slight_smile: