What Film Are You Watching Tonight?

Starting my 4-week LCTV project today. Basically: I’ve placed a bunch of movies and TV shows onto a hard drive, and I’m going to stream them to my TV each day, like a TV station made just for me. I’ve also downloaded a bunch of classic adverts, music videos, Roadrunner cartoons, Pixar shorts, grindhouse trailers, cinema and TV idents to stick inbetween the films and shows, so everything stays on time. Whether we’ll watch every second of it every single day is another matter, but it’ll be there if we want it, as a fcking majestic alternative to regular TV, which is utter dogsht. I’m kicking it off from 6.30pm Mon-Fri, and from 12pm every Saturday and Sunday.

So, tonight:

6.30pm: FILM: Planet of the Apes (Schaffner, 1968)
8.30pm: Game of Thrones NEW SEASON
9.30pm: FILM: Dirty Harry (Siegel, 1971)

Wish I could find the time to view as much these days. :slight_smile:

Yeah, sounds like a real couch potato marathon session ;D :wink:

That’s just a cover; I’m really Batman. :slight_smile:

In truth though we do very little during the weekday evenings unless we have friends over occasionally, so for the most part I reckon we’ll stick to those (unless something worthwhile actually appears on “real” telly, which I doubt). The least likely to get watched are the Friday and Saturday evening schedules (or the Sunday daytime schedules if it’s a nice day), when we do actually DO something.

Tonight’s viewing:

6.30pm: FILM: The Expendables (Stallone, 2010)
8.30pm: Married… With Children
9pm: FILM: From Dusk Till Dawn (Rodriguez, 1996) (I got the idea from a Robert Rodriguez interview where he said he just kept all of his favourite movies and shows on a hard drive and streamed them on a constant loop, so I’ve wound up sticking quite a few Rodriguez titles into the mix, as well as some Lucha Underground shows)

Tonight’s viewing (running half-hour late, but f*ck it):

7pm: FILM: Duel (Spielberg, 1971)
8.30pm: Raising Hope
9pm: My Name is Earl
9.30pm: FILM: Natural Born Killers (Stone, 1994)

Didn’t watch From Dusk Till Dawn last night in the end, watched a flick called Extraterrestrial (Minihan, 2014) instead, from the guys who made the underrated Grave Encounters (2011). competently made - well made, even - but poor characterisations let it down. I found it hard to give a sh*t about anybody in the movie. There was some good stuff there though; I may give it another look at some stage.

Tonight’s viewing (hopefully):

6.30pm: FILM: Bait (Rendall, 2012)
8pm: Seinfeld
8.30pm: Curb Your Enthusiasm
9pm: FILM: Sin City (Miller/Rodriguez, 2005)

Tonight on LCTV:

6.30pm: FRIDAY NIGHT ELVIS: Jailhouse Rock (Thorpe, 1957)
8pm: The Ricky Gervais Show DOUBLE BILL
9pm: FILM: Amores Perros (Iñárritu, 2000) (doubt this will go on on time tbh; we’ve friends coming over who HATE subtitled pictures)

Didn’t get to watch last night’s at all. F*ckbums.

Today’s viewing:

12pm: King of the Hill
12.30pm: Late Show with David Letterman
1.30pm: WWE - Royal Rumble 1991
4.10pm: FILM: Batman: Gotham Knight (2008)
5.30pm: Regular Show
6pm: WWE - NXT
7pm: Dog the Bounty Hunter
8pm: The Twilight Zone
9pm: FILM: Grindhouse (Rodriguez/Tarantino, 2007)

Confident that I’ll watch most of that up to about 6-ish, at least. After that, not confident at all.

[quote=“last.caress, post:8066, topic:372”]Tonight’s viewing (hopefully):

8.30pm: Curb Your Enthusiasm[/quote]

I’m currently listening to the OST of Curb Your Enthusiasm, one of my favorite soundtracks. I always wondered what the TV-series is about? Is it worthwhile watching?

IMO, Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of the finest sitcoms of the 21st century. Did you ever see/enjoy Seinfeld? It’s rather like an edgier, more foul-mouthed version of that in that it mines its comedy from the principal character’s obsession with the irritating minutiae of life that most of us just let go: Do all black American muslims wear bow ties? Is it rude to compliment a friend on the size of his son’s penis? Can you still respect a doctor if you’ve seen her blowing her husband in a moving car? Can your dentist invite you to dinner? What’s the cutoff time for calling your friends on the phone? Is an apology sincere if you’re eating while you apologise? If you’re speaking to a Mexican, when can you move from “usted” to “tu”? And so on. Of course, it would be similar to Seinfeld; Curb Your Enthusiasm is created by and stars Seinfeld co-creator Larry David, playing an exaggerated caricature of himself as he ponders what to do with his life now Seinfeld is done. Several other celebrities also appear as twisted versions of themselves in either guest appearances or semi-regular roles: Ted Danson, Rosie O’Donnell, the Seinfeld cast, Mel Brooks, Martin Scorsese, Ricky Gervais, John McEnroe, Shaquille O’Neal, Michael J Fox et cetera. Although each episode is meticulously planned, there is no scripted dialogue as such. All of the actors are required to improvise their lines whilst sticking within the confines of what their character is supposed to be doing in a given scene. If you like American sitcoms, it’s a must-see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2LOISQ6dVY

Sunday’s entertainment on LCTV:

12.30pm: Late Show with David Letterman
SUNDAY SPAG DOUBLE BILL
1.30pm: FILM: If You Meet Sartana, Pray For Your Death (Parolini, 1968)
3.30pm: FILM: Light the Fuse… Sartana is Coming (Carnimeo, 1970)
6pm: FILM: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Webb, 2014)
8.30pm: Beavis and Butthead
9pm: FILM: Lorna (Meyer, 1964)

Week 2 of LCTV begins thus:

6.30pm: FILM: This is Spinal Tap (Reiner, 1984)
7.50pm: Lucha Underground Wrestling
9.30pm: FILM: Magnum Force (Post, 1973)

My 11 year-old son loved This is Spinal Tap yesterday. I really thought a lot of it would leave him cold but he laughed more-or-less throughout.

Tonight’s entertainment:

6.30pm: FILM: The Expendables 2 (West, 2012)
8.30pm: Married… With Children
9pm: FILM: El Mariachi (Rodriguez, 1992)

Tonight on LCTV:

6.30pm: FILM: Weird Science (Hughes, 1985)
8pm: Raising Hope
8.30pm: My Name is Earl
9pm: FILM: The Devil’s Rejects (Zombie, 2005)

Thursday night on LCTV looks like this:

6.30pm: FILM: Airplane! (Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker, 1980)
8pm: Seinfeld
8.30pm: Curb Your Enthusiasm
9pm: FILM: Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For (Rodriguez/Miller, 2014)

Tonight’s viewing:

6.30pm: FRIDAY NIGHT ELVIS: Viva Las Vegas (Sidney, 1964)
8pm: The Ricky Gervais Show DOUBLE BILL
9pm: FILM: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Leone, 1966)

Didn’t wind up watching any of last friday’s lineup. Fridays/Saturdays have definitely proved the hardest to watch (missed the start of a fair few of the 6.30pm movies too tbh), but we’ve no plans (yet) for this evening so I’m hopeful.

Caught the Elvis film yesterday (great songs, good-but-thin plot), missed the rest. Well, didn’t miss TG,tB&tU as such; missed the first twenty minutes so I replaced it (I must have watched it 8 or 9 times since the new blu-ray came out, anyway) with The Car (Silverstein, 1977); fantastic little genre flick, a lazy comparison I guess would be a sort-of Christine (Carpenter, 1983) meets Duel (Spielberg, 1971), starring James Brolin AND James Brolin’s moustache.

Anyway, today’s delicacies:

12.30pm: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. DOUBLE BILL
2pm: FILM: The Cannonball Run (Needham, 1981)
3.30pm: FILM: The Cannonball Run II (Needham, 1984)
6pm: WWE NXT
7pm: Dog the Bounty Hunter
8pm: The Twilight Zone
9pm: FILM: Pulp Fiction (Tarantino, 1994)

I’ve made a late schedule change, swapping out some old episodes of Letterman (which somehow lost something at that time of day) for a second crack at Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., a show I tried before (VERY briefly) and to which I didn’t immediately take. We’ll see how they go.

2pm: FILM: The Cannonball Run (Needham, 1981)

Watched that a while ago, in honor of the late Needham, quite funny.
A couple of great priests in it.
Didn’t know there was a sequel

Sunday’s viewing:

12.30pm: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
SUNDAY SPAG DOUBLE BILL
1.30pm: FILM: The Big Gundown (Sollima, 1966)
3.30pm: FILM: Day of Anger (Valerii, 1967)
6pm: FILM: Batman: The Movie (Martinson, 1966)
7.50pm: Lucha Underground Wrestling
8.30pm: Beavis and Butthead
9pm: FILM: Mudhoney (Meyer, 1965)

Week 3 of LCTV starts like this:

6.30pm: FILM: Snakes on a Plane (Ellis, 2006)
9.30pm: FILM: The Enforcer (Fargo, 1976)