What do non-germans think about Klaus Kinski in spaghetti westerns?

Fistfull of death is the same movie which is released in Germany as Adios Companeros by Best Entertainment. Kinski has a role of reverend Cotton. Very funny role.

Sure, but very bad movie.

‘Giu la testa … hombre’ is the original title and I think it is a typical Fidani.
Considering this, it is still very trashy, but not Fidanis worst movie !!!

Have you seen ‘Su le mani carogna … Django story’ ???

Then you know one of Fidani’s worst, if not the worst !!!

Bluntwolf… I meant me a American-German. I know Kinski was born in Polen he is definetely Volksdeutscher (Ethnic German of Polish Descent) Es tut mir leid!

Has anyone seen Winnetou: Last of the Renegades were Kinski plays and evil scout?

No, Judas, mir tut es leid ! That was just a misunderstanding ! Sorry !!!

Well, I’ve seen that Winnetou flic with Kinski but it’s been a while !!! I can’t exactly remember what was going on in that movie !!!

Anyway, the Winnetou movies are kind of western fairytales and not to be compared to SW !!! As a kid I loved those movies. I still like 'em now but I prefer the hard-wave SW !!!

I enjoy Kinski in most of his western, even in Fidani’s one, he is the only interest in watching them.
I think its was not easy for you to choose 5 non italian, so many people came from all over the world to play in (Spain of course,germany,USA,argentina,brasil,holland,france,japan,Hong Kong,yougoslavia…)
SW western was a real Babel Tower!

I have always had a problem with Kinski. Of course Il grande silenzio wouldnt be the same without him. But in the rest of the spags, including FAFDM, he doesnt fit. I have had a discussion about Kinski with my friends and all of them disagree with me, some of them quite strongly. I guess this just one of those things that someones face gives you creeps. In Kinskis case in a bad way. Call me an ignorant if you want. :slight_smile:

Ignorant :smiley:

As I wrote in another thread I watched “And God said to Cain”. I agree to the guys saying this is a great role of Kinski. But I don’t think it is better than The great Silence. In my opinion Kinski has to be seen and he has to talk. That’s not what it is in “And God said to Cain” or better said - it is not that good as it is in The great Silence…

In the vote i chose Kinski (Wolff would have been close) but why oh why wasn’t Tomas Milian up there as he is not Italian he is Cuban (and my second favourite actor after Uncle Clint!)

Also why was Kinski your choice, there’s William Berger, Peter Lee Lawrence etc.

i think Kinski is a great character actor (we all know that each of his role’s was only about the money apart from the Werner Herzog films), don’t you just love him as the dynamite throwing monk in “bullet for the general” or the smarmy hunchback in “for a few dollard more”

He was also a very sick and twisted individual, try reading his biography “Kinski Uncut” there’s nothing else like it believe me.

But i think Kinski’s best 2 performances must be “aguirre” and “fitzcarraldo”

A good indication of how good Kinski was is to compare the scene’s in Fitzcarraldo shot with Jason Robards to Kinski’s ones. Robards was a great actor but Kinski towers over him. (Robards had to pull out of the role due to illness soon after shooting began, so Kinski was called to replace him)

[attachment deleted by admin, new size restrictions in place. max allowed size 40kb]

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Hey Bluntwolf,
I’ve seen about 15 of Kinski’s Spaghettis/Euros.
I’ve only seen a couple of Herzog’s films starring Kinski (Aguirre, Fitzcaraldo).

Clearly most of his Spaghettis are pretty awful films. (Of course, that doesn’t mean I don’t love them.)

But as a non-German, well, it’s hard to say really because I only know his Spaghettis. But, like so many other people, I’ve heard many of the bizarre stories regarding his life.

Here’s what I think of him though as an actor:

Kinski reminds me of John Wayne in a real way (yeah, I know that those words have probably never been written before !)
Here’s what I mean: In all his Spaghetti performances Kinski never gets away from being “Kinski”.
I don’t care much for John Wayne (personal preference, sorry) and one of the things I don’t like about him is that I always feel like I’m watching “John Wayne as John Wayne playing Ethan Edwards” (or any other major role he played). It’s more like he is playing John Wayne than any particular role. This is not to say that John Wayne is not a good actor (just watch Fort Apache and Red River-both 1948- to see his range). But, especially in later roles, I felt like I was just watching him play himself.
This is more or less how I view Kinski in his Spaghettis. I always feel like I am watching Kinski play himself (or certainly some element of himself). I happen to like his craziness so this appeals to me.
Even when he is not playing a psychotic killer (And God Said To Cain, for instance) he still seems strange, odd and bizarre. Totally himself.
And those area all good things when it comes to Spaghettis.

Wow, this is an old thread. Didn’t even know it was here.
For the record though, I am a big Kinski fan. He always adds a splash of mania in any film he appears in and that has to be a good thing in a spaghetti western.
He was brilliant in the Herzog films too. Personal favourites are Fitzcarraldo and Aguirre, Wrath of God.

Count me in as a big Kinski fan, whatever he is in is worth watching, no matter how bad it is. I personally rank Herzog’s “Nosferatu” (1979) and “Aguirre” as two of the best movies ever made.

I have seen and reviewed quite a few of his films - Klaus Kinsi[url]http://mondo-esoterica.net/links_pages/Klaus%20Kinski.html[/url].

The guy is just great…love his sinister facial expressions.

Half gorgeous, half gargoyle … 100% brilliant!

KLAUS KINSKI in SWs always gives a performance ranging between eccentric,
grotesque :D, maniacal :o, disturbed ;), sadistic and is always worth watching/enjoying :slight_smile:

I am a big FAN of Klaus Kinski’s Film Career especially SWs, Giallos, Thrillers, CULT.

What is your fav Kinski performance in a western then SD?